have you adopted the U2 style?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny thing happened to me the other week: I was wearing studded jeans that were a bit frayed at the ends, my black converse sneakers, a t-shirt, and a collarless black leather jacket. It only now occurs to me that it sounds like I raided Edge's wardrobe. All that was missing was the beanie. :giggle:

But usually... no, I don't make much of an effort to adopt the U2 style. I'm kinda girly. :wink:

Well, I own a pair of green converse with sex pistols shoe laces, black drainpipes, which is kinda like edge. I have a wide variety of jackets and shoes like bono lol.

Last edited:
hcbiggs2002 said:

I mean, before Bono started to wear his creepers he wore high heeled boots and I never heard any one ever complaining about them!?! :huh: So to anyone who doesn't like Bono's creepers, you're the one with the problem matey not Bono!! :rolleyes:

Oh the Bono Boots from the early 80s were crap too! Bono has appalling taste in footwear. :wink:

*wearsflatshoesandiscomfy*

blueeyedgirl said:

Oh the Bono Boots from the early 80s were crap too! Bono has appalling taste in footwear. :wink:

*wearsflatshoesandiscomfy*

Yeah well, in the end it's still his choice what type of shoes he wants to wear, and all the moaning in the world ain't gonna make one bit of difference! :rolleyes:

But honesty I believe that Bono's being very wise by not wearing flats coz, if you read my whole post, wearing flat shoes were the main cause of my foot problem and my doctor recogmended that if I have to wear flats, like for my job, then I should wear thick soled shoes that support the arch of my feet.

I mean, if you've managed to live so far, wearing flats without any problems, then good for you. But not everyone is quite so lucky! :wink:

Last edited:
Hmm, I was rocking the Bonosleeves look long before I cared anything about U2. I was also wearing bracelets halfway up my right arm before I found out Adam did that in the early 80s :)

But let's see, I recently got Converse Chucks (like Edge's), and a black beanie (though it's not plain, it's got the Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon prism printed on it :drool: ), and a rosary similar to Bono's even though I'm not the least bit Catholic. I've also begun wearing frilly/ruffly shirts similar to Bono's, and my friend is supposed to make me a CoeXisT necklace :up:

What else? Oh yeah, there's that shirt designed after Bono's Africa "ONE" shirt, and the blue Poptart shirt I made like the one Adam wore during PopMart :tongue:

And as for Bono's creepers, I have no problem with thick heels (I'm even shorter than Bono is, so I definitely understand the necessity), but I personally think they're ugly. Something about the shape and the sole just puts me off. However, I looooved the chunky boots he wore during PopMart and Elevation. I wasn't so much a fan of the heeled boots he wore before that. Except I have a soft spot for the knee-highs he wore around the War tour :lol:

i wear my school jumper with Bono sleaves

i was looking in a book today and found a Prof. of Geology & Physical Geography called 'Sir T.W Edgeworth David' :lol:

are we talking current styles, cos i've actually been really digging their styles circa 80-81, whatever it is - all those black turtlenecks, rock n roll jackets and drainpipes....

andberlin said:
are we talking current styles, cos i've actually been really digging their styles circa 80-81, whatever it is - all those black turtlenecks, rock n roll jackets and drainpipes....
You wouldn't happen to be the same andberlin from LiveJournal, would you?

...small world indeed! but i suppose having the same username is bound to make things a bit easier. hi anyway! i'm fiona by the way, and also running extremely behind in getting ready to get to my classes! :slant:

I dunno about clothes...

My hair is going grey, but the whole process is happening far too slowly. :lol: I also got glasses about a year ago... but of course now Adam seems to be using contacts or something. D'oh!

If I grew my hair a bit more, and dyed it blonde, I bet I could have a brilliant 'fro... :hmm:

Alisaura said:
I dunno about clothes...

My hair is going grey, but the whole process is happening far too slowly. :lol: I also got glasses about a year ago... but of course now Adam seems to be using contacts or something. D'oh!

If I grew my hair a bit more, and dyed it blonde, I bet I could have a brilliant 'fro... :hmm:

Far as I know, Adam had lasic eye surgery done a year or so back that's why he doesn't need to wear glasses any more. :wink:

And on another matter that Dreamoutloud and adnberlin brought up, not I would want to derail this thread or anything :uhoh:, I'm on LJ as well and my username is LuthienBono! :wave: I've just recently updated my journal, so have a gander if you have the time and inclanation!! :D

I normally dress up as POP Edge when i go to work...

O wait. :wink:

Nah i do have a couple of U2 shirts etc but not the particular style.

I tend to look like I raided Edge, larry, and Adam's closets...

And as soon as I can find a pair of creepers to fit me (Dayum, but how does one convert eurosizes to american?) it will be creepier still.

hcbiggs2002 said:

Far as I know, Adam had lasic eye surgery done a year or so back that's why he doesn't need to wear glasses any more. :wink:

Aha, thanks for the info... I wondered if that was the case. I'm new to my glasses, so I still kinda like them. :lol: And the thought of someone beaming a laser into my eye kinda freaks me out. :yikes:

You'll never guess what my username on LJ is... :D

My hair looked almost exactly like this when I woke up this morning. :shrug:

bonohighhair.jpg

Back
Top Bottom