Have U2 shelved plans for a new album this year??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IrishThunder

The Fly
This is probably in the wrong section but I have read in 3 articles this week that U2 will NOT be releasing any new stuff this year.

Just curious as they all seemed so sure it would be out this year.

Maybe with Bono's back problems they are running behind, I would rather wait until next year if it means it will be a fantastic record and not rushed.

Any official word on this?

they may still be working on the album and just expect to release it next year.
in fact, i've been of the opinion that the new album would have to wait for 2004 ever since i heard bono going on about how it would be released this year...

ZewTeeVee said:
in fact, i've been of the opinion that the new album would have to wait for 2004 ever since i heard bono going on about how it would be released this year...
[/QUOT

I read back in Feb. that U2 will be releasing an album late 2003. or spring 2004. This was in the USA today.

this year is 2003. 2003 is the year that they were saying the new album wouod be out while it was still 2002. the 2003 really means 2004, late 2003 means late 2004 or even early 2005.

It would be more like them to wait. I don't expect an album before at least Christmas. They just had the Greatest hits and they were on the Oscars and Bono is all over the news. They need to 'go away for awhile' before they sock the public with another U2 saturation. We of course want them all the time, but it's best for them to chill for awhile. Too much U2 could overexpose them and hurt the success of the tour and album in the long run.

(plus I am totally flat broke and in debt and if they toured this year, I would not be able to go:scream: )

ZewTeeVee said:

Me too. This is CLASSIC U2! No biggie.

Kristie said:
I'm pushing for spring 2003 so they can go on tour in the summer and I can see them many times and not miss class :)

:up: Yes! That would be a great way for me to celebrate graduating from college!

Back
Top Bottom