Has Bono read Harry Potter? Don't run, I have more evidence than you'd think!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenni_Anne

The Fly
Okay, so before you tell me to run away back to fiction alley (HP fandom) Bono reads everything that has ever been written, right? And who could miss Harry Potter these last few years?
Also, in the Electrical Storm video, there's this random glowing Stag in the background. Well where else have we seen random glowing stags? In the third HP book, Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry casts a Patronus charm to save his uncle, Sirius Black from the Demenetors, and it takes the form of a glowing white stag because that's the animal his father turned into when he made himself into an animagus. Thoughts?
Also, does anyone esle picture Sirius as Rattle n' Hum!Bono? I think it's the long black hair, blue eyes and general *thud!*ness. Yes, I do know Sirius is a fictional character... I also know I'm weird.
Just my two sickles
Jen xxx

Jenni_Anne said:
Okay, so before you tell me to run away back to fiction alley (HP fandom) Bono reads everything that has ever been written, right? And who could miss Harry Potter these last few years?
Also, in the Electrical Storm video, there's this random glowing Stag in the background. Well where else have we seen random glowing stags? In the third HP book, Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry casts a Patronus charm to save his uncle, Sirius Black from the Demenetors, and it takes the form of a glowing white stag because that's the animal his father turned into when he made himself into an animagus. Thoughts?
Also, does anyone esle picture Sirius as Rattle n' Hum!Bono? I think it's the long black hair, blue eyes and general *thud!*ness. Yes, I do know Sirius is a fictional character... I also know I'm weird.
Just my two sickles
Jen xxx

Anton Corbijn (the director of the ES video) has explained the deer was added to represent innocence (? I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

I would guess that Bono probably has at least read Philosopher's Stone, though.. I mean, he has kids -- they have more than likely read them, and he'd probably take some interest in it. Just my guessing, though. :shrug: :)

bwahahhahah this is randomness if I've ever seen it!!!
:heart: :laugh: :lol::lmao: :hug:

Ohhh a bright pink monkey is eating a cookie!
Doh Yoink Narf HONK! :shifty:

I love you wood! HP girls kno who i'm talking about

He's probably read them to his kids, i'll agree. My dad read them before he read them to my little brother so he'd see if it would scare him. :shocked:

shameless promotion for my fic.........what if....Edge was a wizard? See more at "cast beneath his spell" over in the zoo. lalala go magic :edge:

LMAO!!! :lmao: what a random question......

I'm thinking that he probably has for the same reasons as everyone else said. :yes:

And as for your second question... no. I can't get out the image of a dirty, scraggly haired man as Sirius, but I know from now on, I'll be thinking of JT Bono. Darn you girl! Now even Harry Potter can be U2 related..... ;)

Just my two sickles

:laugh: :shifty:

If he hasn't he should!

<-slightly HP obsessed. :D

So, yeah, I think of Sirius as slightly Bonoesque. But, who do you think should play him in the next movie? I think the guy from Bridget Jones's Diary who isn't Hugh Grant would make a good Professor Lupin, but I can't think of a good Sirius.

Okay mods, I know this isn't U2 related but i just HAVE to reply to madonna's child. Its an injustice i tell ya! They're going to use Gary Oldman to play Sirius, the bad guy out of Lost in Space! :scream: ICK!! As for Remus, ....

It's Marauders!Remus! There's a whole campaign to get Ralph Fiennes cast as Remus, I think we might actually succeed! If your HP obsessed then go to www.fictionalley.org and click on the people if you want fanfic, or the bit at the bottom that says 'Fiction Alley park' which is a vB forum like this one. PM me when you get there (I'm ScreamingFlower, yes, I know there's someone called that here!) and I'll show you round. :hyper: come into my parlour said the spider to the fly...

:shifty: :hmm: :evil: *Goes in search of time machine to bring JT Bono here and cast him in the movie*...actually I can think of better things to do with him, but they have to be :censored:

Last edited:
Now, Ralph Fiennes would make a greaaaaaaat Lupin! eek. Remus is probably my favorite character in the whole series, aside from Harry and Dumbledore. :Marauders: :hyper: I've never heard of this other guy, though. :eyebrow:

And to keep it U2 related - they should just cast Bono as Sirius. He still looks young enough, as Harry's parents and there friends would be in their late 30's. Of course, that might be sensory overload for me! :D

:crack:

I don't know if he read the books - there are more important things to read these days; there are better things to read these days.

*waits to be stoned by all the HP fans of PLEBA* :|

:help:

sirius black

i actually just read that they are casting gary oldman as sirius... should be good, although i'll admit i was secretly hoping they'd cast viggo:)

robyn

I don't have time to read through this whole thread, but yeah I agree that he's read them...In fact, I think I might have heard somewhere that either he or Adam did. And we all know the boys do a lot of book-sharing lol. But really, it seems like he's a great dad, and any great dad is going to read those books. His girls are at *precisely* the agegroup that HP is popular in -- I have two cousins, girls, that are exactly Jordan and Eve's ages, and they are really into HP.

BUT -- The stag does not explain it at all...or deer, or whatever that is. It was entirely Anton Corbijn's idea to put that in there.

And BTW -- In case y'all haven't heard...Book number five is 1,000 pages. It's friggin' War and Peace for kids! lol!

Dot.

PaleBlueDot said:
Whoops. 1,000 pages is a misreport. It's actually around 750. As if you care but I'm a stickler for the facts. <g>

Dot

:shrug: Actually, 750 sounds better too me. I think 1000 would've been a BIT too long for my taste...

Of course, I probably wouldn't complain too much if it WERE 1000...I just want the 5th book out already!!!

Back
Top Bottom