Has Anyone Ever Noticed?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelsy

The Fly
Has anyone ever noticed if youve watched family matters in the earlier season, when they have the beggining song and the person who plays mother winslow is holding a rolling stone amgizine with u2 on it???Has anyone besides me noticed that?

I haven't thought of that in years! I do recall seeing that. It was the cover with all 4 of them on it and Bono is leaning on Adam (i think) ... I'll have to go look at the mag.

OMG!!! You guys are right. I do remember noticing that years ago!!! WTF is with that?? Perhaps the creator of the show is a U2 nut!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

OK I haven't gotten to watch TV in awhile, but I know that "Gilmore Girls" ALWAYS has U2 references!
biggrin.gif
And I swear in Lorelai's room in her mom's house, there's a U2 poster on her bed. I've never had a clear shot, but I KNOW IT.

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono Get on the Boos

I don't know his name, but the guy who hosts Vh1's show Fresh Pick must be a huge U2 fan. There's always a U2 poster in the background. First it was the airport poster, but last week I spotted the 2002 calander.

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy Birthday, Adam!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

In Ferris Bueller's Day Off during the scene where the principal guy is calling "the funeral home" right above Cameron's answering machine is a picture of the original cover for Boy. If it's not at that part, it's somewhere in the movie...but it is above an answering machine.
wink.gif

------------------
Dana

U2's Official Bum Rubber

Dana: Ma, Adam Clayton's instrument holds mysterious powers of women folk

Ma: Oh yeah? Let me see...

I hate that stupid show, but I guess it's not that bad if they like U2..
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show

u2er@u2email.com

[This message has been edited by u2er (edited 03-16-2002).]

In the awful movie King Ralph there is a Rattle n' Hum poster on the girlfriends door. It is the worst movie of all time, but I actually watched the whole thing once to see if there was more U2!! There wasn't, but they did show the poster at least a dozen times!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

In Mrs Doubtfire, in the older girls bedroom, there is an Achtung Baby poster hanging up there!!!
eek.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by daisybean:

I noticed that too... One week, I saw the Zooropa cover, ATYCLB poster and the Elevation DVD playing..... I think Aamer has something to do with it
wink.gif
He is definately an honorary PLEBAn

Oh, yes. Aamer defintly wants some U2 ass. But who blames him?
wink.gif

------------------
"I have a dragon, and I know how to use it. I'm a donkey on the edge!" -Shrek

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by madonna's child:
Oh, yes. Aamer defintly wants some U2 ass. But who blames him?
wink.gif

LOL!

Hey, let's give Aamer the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he doesn't to be behind, but prefers to be in front of things.
wink.gif

Oh, and I do remember the Rolling Stone magazine that the grandmother holds up in the opening credits on "Family Matters." I think I have that issue too. That was the ONLY part of that show that EVER impressed me. Jaleel White should be shot for creating "Urkel."
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 03-16-2002).]

I think the first couple of episodes were funny with the "did I do that?" gimmick...

Then, it just got worse and worse. Whoever thought it was a good idea to follow Steve Urkel all the way up through college should have been given some sort of drug to treat major brain misfunctions.

EEK. I mean, looking at a little kid doing that was bad enough.... then to see the kid standing there grown up, wearing the same dorky clothes - that's just sad. And what's even worse, is that kid's typecast for the rest of his life.

Moonie
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by madonna's child:
I don't know his name, but the guy who hosts Vh1's show Fresh Pick must be a huge U2 fan. There's always a U2 poster in the background. First it was the airport poster, but last week I spotted the 2002 calander.

I noticed that too... One week, I saw the Zooropa cover, ATYCLB poster and the Elevation DVD playing..... I think Aamer has something to do with it
wink.gif
He is definately an honorary PLEBAn

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

Originally posted by bono-vox:
yeah i was about to say that! and Father Dougal in Father Ted apparently he has a u2 poster above his bed in some shows...never noticed it tho!

Not to change the subject but I just started watching Father Ted on BBC America and I LOVE it. I laughed my ass off this morning when the Chinese family accused Father Ted of being a racist. Too funny
biggrin.gif

I noticed that in "Night at the Roxbury" there is a Pop CD on the nightstand in the brothers' room.
biggrin.gif

And in the L.L. Bean catalogue they had a sweet-ass backpack shown with 2 CD's in it - Zooropa and Unforgettable Fire! Woohoo!

Hey y'all!
In the movie "Just One of the Guys" where the girl (Terry) disguises herself to look like a guy to win a summer internship with the local newspaper... in her younger brother Buddy's room, there's a U2/WAR poster amid all the centerfolds of nude girls.

I think, but not certain, that there's a U2 poster in Molly Ringwald's room in "16 Candles".

There's a couple of others that I'm forgetting at the moment...

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

Originally posted by iamshazza:
On the show "Smallville" they played Elevation
smile.gif

LOL!! I remember that! I also remember seeing the Rolling Stone with U2 on it at the beginning of Family Matters. I noticed it awhile ago when I was in a really crappy mood. Seeing the boys in the place I would have least expected totally brightened my day.
smile.gif

Also, I LOVE Gilmore Girls and not just for the U2 references. One time I turned on the WB when it was supposed to be on and was greeted with the image of some chick riding a motorcycle with Mysterious Ways playing in the background!! It didn't look like Gilmore Girls (there are usually no motorcycles on that show) but I was just like "well, they're playing U2 so it *must* be Gilmore Girls!!" It wasn't, but the unexpected U2ey-ness more than made up for it!
icon42.gif

------------------
PLEABrew: the official language of PLEBAnation

Drugs are garbage...just REFUSE.

SLAP MAH FRO!

Originally posted by WildHonee:
OK I haven't gotten to watch TV in awhile, but I know that "Gilmore Girls" ALWAYS has U2 references!
biggrin.gif
And I swear in Lorelai's room in her mom's house, there's a U2 poster on her bed. I've never had a clear shot, but I KNOW IT.

yeah, I remember one part:

Rory: I thought you said we were best friends..
Lorelai: At a U2 concert we're best friends. Now I'm your mother.

I love this show!

They gave more U2 love on Smallville last night
biggrin.gif

They played Beautiful Day at the end...but they didn't give U2 props after the show when they told all the music that was featured in the show! Rat bastards.

------------------
To all accusations of being pretentious; guilty, your honor..."

there's a pic of me backstage in the rattle&hum movie. i've never had a clear shot, but I KNOW IT.

------------------
Zooming in
Zooming out
Nothing I can't do without
A lens to see it all up close
Magnifying what no one knows
Never in company
Never alone
No car alarm
No cellular phone
- Adam Clayton / Passengers

"If Larry's gay, I'll be a man!" -Michelle-

Originally posted by iamshazza:
They gave more U2 love on Smallville last night
biggrin.gif

They played Beautiful Day at the end...but they didn't give U2 props after the show when they told all the music that was featured in the show! Rat bastards.

I was so excited when I heard it! It went PERFECTLY with the end scene! But you're right- they should've given them credit for it!! Incidentally, I LOOOOOVE Gilmore Girls, too! Lauren Graham just ROCKS! I love the writing on this show- so clever
smile.gif

------------------
"... move on this moment... follow this feeling"
~* PLEBA-girl powers: ELEVATE!!! *~
** Official Minister of Swagger for L.E.A.T.H.E.R. **

Hey if you look in my room, I'm not sure, but I think that's a U2 poster hanging on my wall... swear to God.
biggrin.gif

Have any of you ever checked out this site?

http://www.michaelvox.com/popculture.html

It's the U2 Pop Culture Database... a bunch of U2 references in tv, films, books, etc... it's really great, and I think it fits here!

And did anyone else see "Three Kings" when they played "In God's Country" at the end? I heard about that from here and I watched the whole movie just for that part (I'm such a dork), but I ended up loving the movie anyways...

And when they played WOWY on Friends two times...

And, of course, Moulin Rouge... I loveth that movie

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 03-20-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom