Harry Potter Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jenni_Anne said:

Did anyone else think that the Whomping Willow in the Chamber of secrets film looked like a pissed off Joshua tree?

hahahahahahaha!!!! i didn't really notice. now i'm going to forever think of it as that thoough!

you know what? i really liked the books, i liked them enough to read them all twice (which i generally try not to do with books unless they're REALLY good). the movies, although i liked the second one a lot better, seemed kind of rushed. i still enjoyed them, but they seemed to go really fast, and if i hadn't read the books i think i might have missed some things...i don't know...

IWasBored said:

hahahahahahaha!!!! i didn't really notice. now i'm going to forever think of it as that thoough!

you know what? i really liked the books, i liked them enough to read them all twice (which i generally try not to do with books unless they're REALLY good). the movies, although i liked the second one a lot better, seemed kind of rushed. i still enjoyed them, but they seemed to go really fast, and if i hadn't read the books i think i might have missed some things...i don't know...

Yeah, I see your point. I thoroughly enjoyed both movies, but I have also read all four books...It kind of annoyed me when they left stuff out (Hedwig's name in the first movie...A little thing, but still it annoyed me!) and I couldn't help but wonder if I would be a little lost if I hadn't read the books.

My brother's girlfriend and her sister love the books and hated the first movie. :shrug:

Yesterday I pre-ordered my book at barnes and noble and cancelled my pre-order at amazon.com. Amazon wasn't shipping it until the 23! :no: I couldn't very well wait that long. and PLUS, my barnes and noble is having a midnight PARTY for it! WHOO HOO! I wonder how many people will show up aside from me. lol.

*bump*

I saw the new thread, but I thought it would be fun to revisit this one.

I am COUNTING the hours until I can get my hands on a copy of Order of the Phoenix. Get excited!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Today a suspicious box arrive here at work from amazon.com. This guy I work with was all over it, he's so into Harry Potter, he's going to Lansing tonight to a Potter-fest with a magician and costume contest. Anyway, the box isn't his, hehe....

So, I hear the new book is almost 900 pages!

Back
Top Bottom