Happy 24th Anniversary Bono & Ali

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
wedding2.jpg

This thread rawks JCos!!

To Bon and Ali

1champagne.gif

Happy anniversary!

bonoaliraces.jpg

(thanks for the thread and pics, JC, especially the first one -- that was new to me!)

Bono and Ali Quotes about each other :heart:

BP FALLON: WHO'S YOUR HEROINE?
Bono: Ali. She's so sane although she chooses to live with me.

"They are kinda hip kids. They are great. But, I have to say it is their mother that has to take the credit for this. I love Ali and I adore my kids and I want to be there for them. But, I probably don't have the ummm..the actual mental capacity. Ummmm...to look after them as well as their mother. She kinda runs the show around here and I am just you know kinda tidied up occasionally and thrown out to work. They have parties here when I go on tour." - Bono, in a radio interview

BP: Do you believe in flying saucers?
BONO: In my kitchen they're an everyday thing.
BP: Have you ever seen one?
BONO: She's a good shot.

"Ali, my missus says "We are not 50,000 people...SHUT UP!" - Bono on Radio 1

``It was my missus's Ali's birthday at the time which I'd actually forgotten about, so I thought I can write her a song as I didn't have time to get a gift. When it came to be released, Ali said 'I own that'.'' - Bono, about the song Sweetest Thing.

"Somebody has just walked in and poured me a glass of wine...one of the most beautiful women I've ever met...she happens to be my wife....I'm a lucky man!" - Bono during an online chat on March 12, 2000.

This is so sweet:
Interviewer: "What does your wife call you, does she call you Bono or does she call you Paul?"
Bono: "She calls me 'Baby'."

Q. Do you believe in love at first sight?
A: Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time.
- From an interview with Bono on 2CR FM, 18/11/00

JCOSTER said:
Bono and Ali Quotes about each other :heart:

This is so sweet:
Interviewer: "What does your wife call you, does she call you Bono or does she call you Paul?"
Bono: "She calls me 'Baby'."

Q. Do you believe in love at first sight?
A: Yeah, I fell in love with Ali the first time I saw her. Absolutely. And the last time.
- From an interview with Bono on 2CR FM, 18/11/00

Awwwwwww how sweet is that?! :cute:

Quotes Continued:

"He worked very hard at being the heart-throb," she says. "He came up to me within the first day and asked, did I know where his class should be going? It was just an excuse to talk to me, and I thought, 'What an eejit.' - Ali

"I remember that on the fourth day at school I saw him walking across the courtyard and it was, bing. That is the guy for me. - Ali

"But we waited until we were 15 before we actually started going out. We broke up after six weeks because I had promised my best friend I'd just get him out of my system. That completely bemused him." - Ali

"Our marriage has worked because we like each other, because we talk to each other, and we are passionate about what we do. We allow each other to pursue our goals.

"I wouldn't want to be married to someone who wasn't happy with what they were doing in life, and B wouldn't either". - Ali

I have learned a lot about what it means to be married, how great it can be if you persevere. We're very close. He says I'm very good with the dog whistle." - Ali

Quotes Continued:

"She is the light of my life. She gets more perfect the longer we’re together.’ - Bono

The one thing he's not allowed to do - as per his wife and Edun partner Ali Hewson - is to make any style suggestions. "The only demand Ali made on me was that I didn't get involved in the fashion!" he says with a laugh. - Bono

Bono: "I'd love to do a single with Ali. It would be great to go into a studio with someone who doesn't knwo anything about music but has got so much natural spirit and just try to see if we can capture that on record!"
Neil: "How does Ali feel about that?"
Bono: "Oh, she doesn't know!", he laughed. "She won't even sing in front of me. I'd have to sneak in and record her in the bath".

" And I remember this girl who was so beautiful and so completely unaware of it. I mean, she used to wear Wellington boots and gabardine, and there was just no vanity. And I thought that this was just the most attractive person I'd ever seen, a completely unself-conscious beauty." - Bono

"See, the thing about us is that we like each other. It's almost the biggest thing you can say." - Bono

"The best thing about Bono is Ali. She is calm and rational and able to see beyond individuals to policies." - Eamon Dunphy

"He could often be found hanging out in our common room because [Bono] was engaged in a vigorous,amorous pursuit of Alison Stewart, one of the most beautiful and universally admired girls in our year. Alison had thick, black hair, smooth, olive skin, dark, warm eyes and deliciously curled lips. Being a hormonal charged 15 year old boy, I could not help but notice this things. She was also smart, kind,good-humoured,strong-willed and, frankly, way out of my league. Actually, at that stage, you felt you might have half a chance. Alison had a sort of aura of impermiability about her. I never really felt she belonged in the same world as an ungainly youth like me. On principle, I was against older boys going out with girls in our class, since their seniority and bullish air of experience seemed to grant them unfair advantage, btu Alison and Paul seemed to fit. He wooed her over the course of a long year, until, when you saw them nestle intimately among the stark arrangement of chairs and lockers in the common room, it became apparent they were an item." - Neil McCormick

He pursued her for several years, using humour as his calling card. The relationship moved slowly, because she didn't want to become just another of Bono's girls. Bono to Ali.

After his mother died, it was the more practical Ali who helped look after the scatter-brained Bono, taking care of the essential things like food and clothes and house keys. The couple were married when Ali was 22, at the old Guinness Church of Ireland in Raheny, Dublin, in August 1982, with U2 bass player Adam Clayton as best man.

" I usually find that we are much closer together after a separation. You don't take each other for granted, like you do if you see each other every day. There is always something new to talk about." - Ali

Back
Top Bottom