Guitar Solos-- Was it good for you too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
Ahem. So, I don't know if anyone here is the same way, but man a good, long, steamy, intense....guitar solo just transports me. :) Any one else? Got any favorite guitar solos? (Edge or otherwise?)

Springsteen-- Prove it All Night :drool:
Nils Lofgren-- Youngstown
Mr. the Edge--the bullfight with Bono in UTEOTW, others (he's hard 'cause he dosen't really do the "attention, this is a guitar solo now" thing)
Hendrix-- just about anything, but All Along the Watchtower and Purple Haze are really hot

*sigh* I also wonder if this is a lost art. Any NEW YOUNG hot axe slingers out there?

SD

edge on love is blindness.... whooo can't describe my feelings for this song.

non-u2 related... hmmm..... Dean Deleo from the stone temple pilots is pretty much the anti-edge. lol. just about every freakin one of their songs has a Dean solo in it. and they are always intresting. i counld't choose just one.

and anything Jimi naturally! :yes:

[color=royal blue]OMD.....YES Love is Blindness

DEAR

GUACAMOLE

OF

*TEST PATTERN*
[/color]

bono-vox said:
The guitary bit in in a little while at the start- is that a guitar solo i dunno *shrugs* my friend played it once on the guitar to me in school infront of our year and :heart: :drool: :heart: it was amazing.....i miss him now that its summer he was funny :(

[color=royal blue]:yes: !!!!! I can play that on my Houdini :D:D[/color]

bono-vox said:
The guitary bit in in a little while at the start- is that a guitar solo i dunno *shrugs* my friend played it once on the guitar to me in school infront of our year and :heart: :drool: :heart: it was amazing.....i miss him now that its summer he was funny :(

i don't care if it's a solo or not! it counts! :) that's my favorite song of all time :)! that beginning guitar part makes sarah's soul smile :D

Sherry Darling said:

*sigh* I also wonder if this is a lost art. Any NEW YOUNG hot axe slingers out there?

SD

I don't remember where, but I know I joost saw or heard something where someone was complaining about the complete lack of great guitar solos in today's generation of rock bands. Or maybe, now that I think of it, it was only ME that was lamenting to my self, LOL. but sadly, as for now, I believe it IS a lost art *sigh* :sad:

*listens to Jimi Hendrix' Star Spangled Banner*

bono-vox said:
aaaw get someone to play it on an acousitc guitar infront of ur year group aboot 180 ppl :heart: :heart: its lovely :)

And mona a houdini is a guitar right?

i want a red geetar mmmmmm :)

*with a red geetar on fiiiiiiire dessssiiiiiiirrrre*

[color=royal blue]O yes!! Houdini is the name of my geetar! o_O They came out with Houdini stamps...I must get some for him.

Houdini looks like this:
my_strat.jpg

only his neck's not yellow! How I want a Gibson, though....

DON'T WORRY SHERRY. I will save rock n roll for us all. :yes:

Once I tie my bootlaces...... :huh:

Or maybe Pete Yorn could....... :angel:

Also if you want a young man who plays geetar, I like Jonny Lang

:drool: Lenny too....... there are more I can't think of...
[/color]

Not to stray away from Edgie or anything,
but I had to say something about Adam
(and I'm not even an Adam girl).
But, the bass in the beginning of WOWY,
well.......woah man woah..........VERY VERY NICE:evil:

*attempts to type out sound of bass in WOWY*
dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dah dun dun
*then Edgie's guitar comes in*
wehhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:adam:+:edge:=:drool:

Edge is the BEST guitarist EVER!!!!!!

as are Jimi Hendrix,Brian May (Queen),Jeff Beck,Prince,Ritchie Sambora (Bon Jovi),*Bono* (well, he's getting better LOL),Eddie Van Halen........

I just love Edge's guitar solos, I esp love the one in When Love Comes Town with BB King, another AWESOME guitar player IMO

*sigh* I would love to learn how to play the guitar, maybe I can get Edge to teach me

the_fly2002 said:

I just love Edge's guitar solos, I esp love the one in When Love Comes Town with BB King, another AWESOME guitar player IMO

ummm I believe that solo is BB king ;)
and.. I totally can't stand that solo for some reason.. *hides*
um I can't think of any others... I'm a big Stevie Ray Vaughn fan though. And Eric Clapton... probably because I've been listening to those two since I was in the womb :lol:

it's been said, but for me it's always love is blindness.....especially live......i get chills everytime i hear it......i guess that's why it's my favorite.......

sherry darling (is your mama in the back seat? :sexywink:), i agree completely with your choices. although i think i'd have to add some stevie ray vaughn and bb king. gotta have some blues.

and as for edge's solos?

the fly, baby. that sucker just sends me to pluto every time i hear it. :tongue:

Mysterious Ways (live)- I'm physically incapacitated by this solo. I listened to it on the way to work the other day and I actually had to sit on a bench until it was over.

BTBS (live): I *LOVE* that little bluesy riff he puts in there now. GAH.

UTEOTW: naturally :sexywink:

EBTTRT: Same as Mysterious Ways. It just does something do me.

Love is Blindness: Um, yeah... :drool: :heart: :drool:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:
Mysterious Ways (live)- I'm physically incapacitated by this solo. I listened to it on the way to work the other day and I actually had to sit on a bench until it was over.

Heck the whole song is just S-E-X-Y and the guitar solo is a perfect climax. :sexywink:

GypsyHeartgirl said:
Oh, :eek: I mean the band- Mona, you'd be a great addition to the band! You and him should be in a band! Rock and roll doggie!:)
!!
:eek:

OK but I'm part of a package deal....Fishy comes with me. She's my manager.

Back
Top Bottom