Guess who's coming to dinner?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I've been trying for ages to get a scan of this, isn't it cute? It's Edge cooking and serving a meal to Brian Eno back in the UF days! :)

edgemeal.jpg

Gavin and Guggi fans check this out! Gavin vibes out the crowd while Guggi jams on~

vibe.jpg

Virgin Prunes fans, look here!

prunes2.jpg

That's Edge's bro Dick Evans standing in the back row, far left. Guggi and Gavin are sitting, middle row ;)

Hope you like these, I've never seen any of them posted here before.

is there some reason i have a vauge memory of seeing all those pics together somewhere before? did you scan them from a book that i might have seen?

i ate a packet of hot cocoa mix and am kind of hyper so my memory kind of went...

IWasBored said:
is there some reason i have a vauge memory of seeing all those pics together somewhere before? did you scan them from a book that i might have seen?

i ate a packet of hot cocoa mix and am kind of hyper so my memory kind of went...

LOL! :lol: :laugh: I like that stuff too but i always seem to spill it all over me when i have a white shirt on. Its good tho..:hyper:

But i think i've seen the pics in a group before too...where'd you find them U2kitten? I really like the one of Edge serving dinner...who knew he could cook?

IWasBored said:

Yep. They're from the biography "The Unforgettable Fire: The Story of U2" by Eamon Dunphy. :)

Last edited:
right...THAT book. i read that. hey, i should give my memory a little more credit for remembering even seeing those pics together cos i read that a couple years ago...

thanks for telling me :)

and it's not fun when you cough and the hot cocoa mix gets all over you...or sneeze. that nearly ALWAYS happens to me...

a thread about cooking? [insert dirty PLEBA comments here]

Bono: Who wants my meat?
Larry: I thought only I could make the who wants my meat comments.
Bono: How come you get to have all the fun?
Larry: Cause I'm the vegitarin and it makes sense for me to say, who wants my meat.
Adam: Can I have your meat, Larry?
Larry: :|
PLEBA: :shifty:
Bono: Well, then, who wants my bacon?
PLEBA: Homina!
Bono: .....

Kind of unrelated topic, but my American Cultural Studies TA is this gay guy named Jason. The other day we were asking him about coming out to his parents and related something his dad said to him just a few weeks ago... "Jason, I don't understand it. How can you be a vegitarin and still suck cock?"

I'll leave you to ponder that one. :eeklaugh:

Re: a thread about cooking? [insert dirty PLEBA comments here]

madonna's child said:

Kind of unrelated topic, but my American Cultural Studies TA is this gay guy named Jason. The other day we were asking him about coming out to his parents and related something his dad said to him just a few weeks ago... "Jason, I don't understand it. How can you be a vegitarin and still suck cock?"

OMG that is so funny!! Reminds me of this Henry Rollins story (I know, I know) about this girl whose father paid for her breast implants and then asked to see them. Rollins says, "Did you show him?" and the girl says, "Well yeah, he did pay for them." Walking that fine line between hysterical and disturbing.

To post toward the topic, Edge can make pancakes (from the NME Mixed Grill-type thing).

Edgie looks so cute there, just like a regular guy! He can cook for me anytime. I like the look on Brian Eno's face. Good pics!

Re: a thread about cooking? [insert dirty PLEBA comments here]

madonna's child said:
Bono: Who wants my meat?
Larry: I thought only I could make the who wants my meat comments.
Bono: How come you get to have all the fun?
Larry: Cause I'm the vegitarin and it makes sense for me to say, who wants my meat.
Adam: Can I have your meat, Larry?
Larry: :|
PLEBA: :shifty:
Bono: Well, then, who wants my bacon?
PLEBA: Homina!
Bono: .....

:ohmy:

:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom