Groovy Story Time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
GROOVY STORY TIME!!!!

So my mom is going to do this thing for an abused women's charity in our area. It's called Operation FreeFall. Basically you pay about $250 and you get to jump out of a plane!

But that's not even the cool part! So here was the dialogue yesterday when I got home from work...

Mom: So you know I'm doing this jump on Saturday...

Me: Yeah, I wish I had the money so I could do it too! It looks so cool!

Mom: Well, I'm getting a video tape of the jump so I can show it to Jamison (Note: Her boyfriend who doesn't believe she'll do it)

Me: Cool!

Mom: Well, here's where you come in... I can have music played over the jump on the video tape...and I would really like to use "Elevation".

Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom: I thought you'd like that....can you bring the cd when we go on Saturday?

Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's so cool, Mom! Of course!

So that's it....my mom's gonna jump out of a plane and on the videotape she'll be jumping to the heavenly sounds of U2!!! I'm so proud of my mom :yes:

:D <~~~~ Me everytime I think about it!

/ groovy story

daisybean said:
what a perfect song for that!!!!!!

I soooooo agree. :D

Your mom sounds groovy to do that... I don't think my mom would jump out of a plane.... I would like to, but I don't think my mom would.

One of the Peter Pan guys at Disneyland likes to jump out of planes..... must have something to do with the pixie dust. Or thinking happy thoughts. heh.

Moonie :D

:ohmy: Your mummy is so brave

:ohmy: "you maaake me feel like i can fly SO HIGH EL-E-VATION OOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOH"

TOM PETTY: :(

o_O Dood. I wish I had the guts fer that. I can't even walk 20 feet without tripping. *trips out of plane*

So she did it.... my mother jumped out of a plane! It was pretty cool and I'm so jealous...

Anyway, I want to take this opportunity to tell about my U2 cool day!

Random Act of U2 (RAoU2) #1: The radio was playing "Pride" when I woke up... it was really nice...I thought I was still dreaming :)

RAoU2 #2: Turned on VH1 and "Beautiful Day" was the next video on... that made me VERY happy :)

RAoU2 #3: Pulled into a McDonald's around 9am and I laughed cause I thought of McClaytons....and then I went inside to go to the bathroom and "When the Stars Go Blue" was playing on the radio.... this got a BIG smile from me :D

Not so random act of U2: My mom used BD and Elevation for her jump music on the video she got...and the guy who edited the video was a complete U2 fan! He edited the video so that my mom was walking to the plane in slow motion when the chorus of BD came on...then Elevation really began when she slow-mo jumped out of the plane :) It was SO cool... but the coolest part was that he used "Kite" as a third song that we hadn't even asked for :) He just knew it was on there and used it! As the video ends Bono is singing "Who's to say where the wind will take you?" This guy is forever the best video editor in MY book ;)

Anyway, it was a pretty fun day, even though it was hot as anything out there and I really wished it had been me up there too...BUT maybe next time....

Back
Top Bottom