Greetings from Japan - Paul's Big U2 Day - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2004, 07:15 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 11:22 PM
Greetings from Japan - Paul's Big U2 Day

Been listening to nothing but the new album since the hour it was leaked! But I finally got the 'official' CD today here in Japan. Bought the box set AND the CD/DVD set too (got a discount too). My friendly store owner even gave me a free U2 poster too! Got home and amazon.co.jp had delivered the Japanese Vertigo CD single too! All I need now is for the 3 UK Vertigo CDs to arrive this afternoon from HMV UK!!

Anyway, the DVD is fun. There is a 20 min doco about the LP, specifically the genesis of the songs Vertigo, Sometimes...and Crumbs. Christ, Bono looks old. Then there are videos for Vertigo (a special HQ promo, and a surreal banjo version!), Sometimes... (an HQ version, and a beautiful acoustic version) and Crumbs (which makes it look like they had just come up with the song on the spot!).

The box set is cool looking, and interestingly there is a whole page of artwork and lyrics pertaining to Mercy. I was hoping it would be a hidden track...but no. A B-side I guess. Still, I get to hear Fast Cars in its entirety, and its amazing. Atomic is an interesting LP like Joshua in that so far the B sides have hinted at the existence of a totally different direction for the album.

The CD single is cool in that the video is on there and ALL the tracks spread across the 2 UK singles. I really like the B sides, even the remix!

Anyay, just thought I would let everyone know about the new release. Feel like I am gloating, but I would be interested in knowing!!

Old 11-15-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:22 PM
can you give us Fast Cars?!! PLEASE!!!!!

my email is theedgeslespaul@sbcglobal.net

Old 11-15-2004, 07:27 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:22 PM

lucky, lucky you. my day is coming, though!