Grammy Rehersals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
arg! im debating whether i should go to class or drive down to staples center to see if they come in or out. class isnt really necessary today, but downtown LA and LA traffic is pure hell. gosh, i get so flustered when u2 is in town...

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
arg! im debating whether i should go to class or drive down to staples center to see if they come in or out. class isnt really necessary today, but downtown LA and LA traffic is pure hell. gosh, i get so flustered when u2 is in town...

alison

alison, you should GO!!! when U2 was here in NY for the MTV VMAs last september, i was waffling as to whether i should go try to see the band at soundcheck or not. i decided not to go, in order to study for the LSAT. i completely regret that decision- that night, 4 people i know went to soundcheck. they were the only people there, and they all got to meet bono and larry! the girls even got photos w/ bono kissing them on the cheek... argh! what's one day of studying??

i think you should go- then the rest of us PLEBA girls can live vicariously through you!
LOL!
smile.gif

alison

GO GO GO!! and bring a camera! if not a getaway car which you can use to dash bono away over to Mass for me!
wink.gif

goooo!!

p.s. I did the same thing when they were in NY Oct '00 and I was gonna drive down -- i even woke up at 4am!!! ARG but chickened out b/c of the 4 hour drive and snow threats we were getting. and i regret it ever since!!!

------------------
"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean
just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 02-26-2002).]

hmm, now im really considering going. the thing is is that i have work from 3-5(ack!) and im supposed to be doing a review session for the class i TA for. i can always call in sick but then i will feel irresponsible. hmm, but this is one of those once in a lifetime things that i should take advantage of. im in agony! ok, i think i should take a drive down there in a couple hours and see if anyone else is waiting outside or see if they've come in yet. they HAVE to rehearse, the question is, at what time? the next couple days are going to be stressful too, im gonna try and get into the grammy after parties and then wait outside their hotel(again) to try and see them there too. ok, thats it, im gonna go.

alison

------------------
It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

Anybody know if U2 will be opening the Grammies? Sometimes they have the biggest act opening the show, sometimes not.

I read this morning that Kirk Franklin ( the gospel guy-very talented!) will be joining U2 on stage. How cool!

Don't know when they will be on tho. I will be heading down to Staples tomorrow afternoon around 2pm to try and get a glimpse of the boys. I'm thinking of going earlier , I don't wanna miss them.

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
I read this morning that Kirk Franklin ( the gospel guy-very talented!) will be joining U2 on stage. How cool!

Don't know when they will be on tho. I will be heading down to Staples tomorrow afternoon around 2pm to try and get a glimpse of the boys. I'm thinking of going earlier , I don't wanna miss them.

Hmmm...let the speculation begin. Does this mean gospel-flavored "Hallelujahs" on "Walk On" or backup on "Stuck"? I'm so lame, I don't even know what they're nominated for to know which song they'll be singing. I mean, I read all about it but I didn't retain it.

Oh....I remember at....I think it was the VMAs.....when ppl figured out it was U2 beginning to perform, they went CRAZY. Even more applause and stuff for them than NSync got. I mean you could TELL that everyone was flippin out seeing them LIVE. I hope -- I KNOW -- that'll happen fer the Grammys too
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey yeah....what ARE they gonna perform? I hope Walk On
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

I looked them up on Reuters, all they have are OLD pics and stories telling how they will be at the Grammys. I hope anyone in LA will give us the blow by blow please!

hmm, now im really considering going. the thing is is that i have work from 3-5(ack!) and im supposed to be doing a review session for the class i TA for. i can always call in sick but then i will feel irresponsible. hmm, but this is one of those once in a lifetime things that i should take advantage of. im in agony! ok, i think i should take a drive down there in a couple hours and see if anyone else is waiting outside or see if they've come in yet. they HAVE to rehearse, the question is, at what time? the next couple days are going to be stressful too, im gonna try and get into the grammy after parties and then wait outside their hotel(again) to try and see them there too. ok, thats it, im gonna go.

alison

GO!!!!!!! I am so jealous of my LA co-workers right now. Their office is right across the street from the Staples Center and they always get to see the cool stuff from the office. I would totally be there if I were you. GO, make us PLEBAns who have no chance to see them except on TV PROUD!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress_75 (edited 02-26-2002).]

Anyone who can go to the Staples Center, GO!!!! Who knows what the future will bring? The opprotunity may never present itself again.

I expect them to play Stuck. Jon Stewart was talking to E News Daily last night and he said there was going to be a gospel thing! Could it be with U2!?

Ahh!!!! I'm going crazy!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Celebrate the Grammys!

Love,
Emily

Walk On. Stay safe tonight.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

I'm getting excited too. Maybe all the stalkers are stalking right now and we'll soon have some stories. Are they even in LA yet, it's weird we haven't heard anything.

Hey you guys! I'm in the LA area too - see my post in the main forum! I really wanna check out the hotels, airport, staples center, etc, but i dont know what times i need to be there. I'd love to meet up with any other fans who are going, so if anyone can help me out with any info or whatever, just post or email!
smile.gif

missmacphisto@excite.com
AIM: missmacphisto269

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

I'm gonna go check out a local airport that they used during the tour tongith or early tomorrow morning...see if there jet's there.
If it is, maybe i can catch them Thursday morning.
wink.gif

My Grammy informant told me an hour ago that U2 and India Arie were the only acts left to rehearse today. So they're probably on stage right now. (If he's correct.) They're performing with Kirk Franklin, I don't know who that is.

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:

Jon Stewart was talking to E News Daily, eh? Did he have anything, ehm, constructive to say about U2?

Jon was hilarious! The E! Music guy (Dave Adelson) asked Jon if he'd learned anything about the Grammy nominees while sitting in on rehersal. So Jon said he'd discovered that U2 were really from New Jersey and the Irish thing was just a marketing scheme the cooked up during rehersal one night!
biggrin.gif
LMAO!

------------------
Celebrate the Grammys!

Love,
Emily

Walk On. Stay safe tonight.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by madonna's child:
So Jon said he'd discovered that U2 were really from New Jersey and the Irish thing was just a marketing scheme the cooked up during rehersal one night!
biggrin.gif
LMAO!

LMAO! I hope that Jon's that funny on the actual show...

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I love Jon too, the Daily Show rocks...

... but last year's hosting job was less than stellar. Although he did have some good jokes about Eminem.
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*~?~*~ Katie ~*~?~*~
"Now America looks smart and, dare I say it, sexy again." ~ Bono, 2000

She is the dreamer
She's imagination

I'm so excited, you guys! I wish the Grammys were on tonight!!! I wish the best of luck to all of the L.A. PLEBAns. Stalk for all you're worth!
wink.gif

Jon Stewart was talking to E News Daily, eh? Did he have anything, ehm, constructive to say about U2?

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom