Grammy Award Auction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
Hi!

Read where Tim McGraw {black cowboy hat and all} auctioned off a drawing he made after the Grammy awards show. It said that some of the celiebrities were asked to draw something to be auctioned off.......Does anyone know if Bono contributed to this effort?

carol
wizard2c

:)

i went to ebay later that night. they had a cowboy hat "simular" to bonos, but not his. some other u2 stuff, but not from that night. i haven't checked it since though, was kind of put off with the "simular" ploy to sell stuff. not a big ebay fan

wizard2c said:
Hi!

Read where Tim McGraw {black cowboy hat and all} auctioned off a drawing he made after the Grammy awards show. It said that some of the celiebrities were asked to draw something to be auctioned off.......Does anyone know if Bono contributed to this effort?

carol
wizard2c

:)

Hey there - I remember that during the broadcast they kept mentioning that you could win auction items from Bono. I tried to find out where, but was not able to locate anything on it. Hopefully someone will have some great info out there!

I tried to view the Grammy items up for auction but you had to pre-qualify as a bidder just to look and it said something about the ability to start bidding at $15,000 :yikes:

The list said "items donated by U2" but it didn't specify.

I know that e-bay had a Gibson guitar that was signed by Bono and Brian Wilson. Last I looked, which was like 5 days ago, it was up to $4,000....I think. I don't know how much it went for, but I would have rather had the guitar signed by just Bono.

Bono virtually idolized Brian Wilson's songs when he was young.

He idolized Wilson so much that when U2 first toured California, Bono had to restrain himself not to go and sit in front of Wilson's house just to get a peek at him! :wink:

This is part of the reason why Bono is so understanding with his fans - he remembers his admiration for Brian Wilson. :lol:

Jamila said:
Bono virtually idolized Brian Wilson's songs when he was young.

He idolized Wilson so much that when U2 first toured California, Bono had to restrain himself not to go and sit in front of Wilson's house just to get a peek at him! :wink:

This is part of the reason why Bono is so understanding with his fans - he remembers his admiration for Brian Wilson. :lol:

Awww! I never knew that!
And that's adorable
*adds another thing to the..why I love bono list...relaizes it's a hell of a long peice of paper....*

Back
Top Bottom