Grammy Award Auction - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBA Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-25-2005, 11:16 AM   #1
Refugee
 
wizard2c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,580
Local Time: 09:52 PM
Grammy Award Auction

Hi!

Read where Tim McGraw {black cowboy hat and all} auctioned off a drawing he made after the Grammy awards show. It said that some of the celiebrities were asked to draw something to be auctioned off.......Does anyone know if Bono contributed to this effort?

carol
wizard2c

__________________

wizard2c is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
greeneyedgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: RedrockU2's Left Shoulder
Posts: 14,459
Local Time: 03:52 PM
i went to ebay later that night. they had a cowboy hat "simular" to bonos, but not his. some other u2 stuff, but not from that night. i haven't checked it since though, was kind of put off with the "simular" ploy to sell stuff. not a big ebay fan
__________________

greeneyedgirl is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #3
War Child
 
egyptluvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 756
Local Time: 04:52 PM
Re: Grammy Award Auction

Quote:
Originally posted by wizard2c
Hi!

Read where Tim McGraw {black cowboy hat and all} auctioned off a drawing he made after the Grammy awards show. It said that some of the celiebrities were asked to draw something to be auctioned off.......Does anyone know if Bono contributed to this effort?

carol
wizard2c

Hey there - I remember that during the broadcast they kept mentioning that you could win auction items from Bono. I tried to find out where, but was not able to locate anything on it. Hopefully someone will have some great info out there!
egyptluvr is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 04:51 PM   #4
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 01:52 PM
I tried to view the Grammy items up for auction but you had to pre-qualify as a bidder just to look and it said something about the ability to start bidding at $15,000

The list said "items donated by U2" but it didn't specify.
BAW is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I tried to view the Grammy items up for auction but you had to pre-qualify as a bidder just to look and it said something about the ability to start bidding at $15,000

The list said "items donated by U2" but it didn't specify.

15000?!?!!??!?
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
War Child
 
clementine_rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Paducah, KY
Posts: 746
Local Time: 03:52 PM
I know that e-bay had a Gibson guitar that was signed by Bono and Brian Wilson. Last I looked, which was like 5 days ago, it was up to $4,000....I think. I don't know how much it went for, but I would have rather had the guitar signed by just Bono.
clementine_rose is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Jamila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,454
Local Time: 03:52 PM
Bono virtually idolized Brian Wilson's songs when he was young.

He idolized Wilson so much that when U2 first toured California, Bono had to restrain himself not to go and sit in front of Wilson's house just to get a peek at him!

This is part of the reason why Bono is so understanding with his fans - he remembers his admiration for Brian Wilson.
Jamila is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #8
Blue Crack Supplier
 
~BrightestStar~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Posts: 35,735
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
Bono virtually idolized Brian Wilson's songs when he was young.

He idolized Wilson so much that when U2 first toured California, Bono had to restrain himself not to go and sit in front of Wilson's house just to get a peek at him!

This is part of the reason why Bono is so understanding with his fans - he remembers his admiration for Brian Wilson.
Awww! I never knew that!
And that's adorable
*adds another thing to the..why I love bono list...relaizes it's a hell of a long peice of paper....*
~BrightestStar~ is offline  
Old 02-25-2005, 07:13 PM   #9
genius of compression
Forum Moderator
 
neutral's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Posts: 13,030
Local Time: 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
I tried to view the Grammy items up for auction but you had to pre-qualify as a bidder just to look and it said something about the ability to start bidding at $15,000


__________________

__________________

neutral @ interference.com
neutral is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×