Gotta be...Divine providence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Holy crap, you guys, check out what I found one the U2-List...it literally made my heart skip a beat:

Date: Tue Sep 11, 2001 10:39 pm
    Subject: I CALLED IN SICK TODAY...I WORK(ED) AT 2 WTC!

I was lucky enough to catch a virus this past weekend and called in sick to work this morning. I work(ed) on the 59th floor of 2 WTC. Please keep my co-workers and all the brave workers in NYC in your thoughts and prayers. Send some positive energy our way. Thanks!!
    -Marie (U2 fan for 21 years).

----
    Date: Wed Sep 12, 2001 1:11 pm
    Subject: OT: Please do what you can

Hey Guys-
    I'm just getting home from what I can only describe as Chaos. I work at 100 Church Street which is 2 buildings from the WTC. As I got off the subway and onto the street, I look up and see the first tower on fire and debris falling, like it was ticker tape parade. I thought, just a fire, until someone on the street said a plane had hit it. Then I thought, ok just an accident. minutes later, another... I ran and didn't look back until i got at least 20 blocks north. And as we're all going down the street i stop in a store that has a tv and i see the unthinkable, the south tower collapse. and then i go outside and see the sky filled with smoke. No cell phones working. lines for pay phones...

eek.gif
eek.gif

This just re-freaks me out all over again...

The rough count as of right now: possibly 30,000.

Pray hard, people.

Disco

Disco, that's just like my friend I posted about on another thread. She lives in NYC and is a big U2 fan! She worked in the WTC and when I heard the news I was so worried. I emailed her and was so happy when she answered! She had an ear infection and her Dr. wouldn't let her go to work! When she went to the Dr. she saw the first tower collapse. Divine providence was with her and I am so relieved. Still, I know she must know people who were lost and that is tragic. It's incredible she was spared. Nothing is more precious than a life, it's the only thing you can't get back.

Back
Top Bottom