Got you under my skin!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoFox1

Blue Crack Supplier
Earth to Blue Crack to Planet Fierce and back agai
Ok, so I'm watching "I love the 90's part deux"...Anyway I was watching 1993 (I missed 1992 for watching American Idol)...I'm wondering if they gave anything on the ZOO TV tour.....
Anyway, they were talking about Frank Sinatras DUETS album,..and there was very brief clips of Bono and other artists...Then they showed a "what I think" is the video of I"ve got you under my skin...Bono driving in a convertible in the desert *Palm Springs Cali desert*...
Are there pics or stills of this video??..MAN! Bono looked AWESOME driving that Convertible!!!!:drool:

Yup, that is the video for that, I am sure someone has caps, if not I can make some tomorrow...

I was also wondering if the 1992 episode was going to mention anything about Zoo TV... :eyebrow:

OH MIRO, COULD YOU REALLY MAKE CAPS???:heart: U:heart: U
:heart: U...

1992 is the only episode I missed so far, so you mean they didn't mention the ZOO tour?? "ARE THEY MAD:huh: ??"

I mean they show a whole bunch of 90's crap I had to go through but the ZOO tour was THEE BIGGEST EVENT OF 1992!!....

VH1 never ceases to dissapoint me!!!:madspit:

Nope, absolutely zero U2 segments in the 1992 episode. They did play Mysterious Ways during the segment on The Crying Game though. :| I really hope U2 at least gets mentioned in the 1997 or 1998 episodes for the Pop era.

I have an mpeg of the video if you'd like it, BonoFox. I'll upload it tomorrow morning.

Queen Bee said:
Nope, absolutely zero U2 segments in the 1992 episode. They did play Mysterious Ways during the segment on The Crying Game though. :| I really hope U2 at least gets mentioned in the 1997 or 1998 episodes for the Pop era.

I have an mpeg of the video if you'd like it, BonoFox. I'll upload it tomorrow morning.

Im going into those message boards and letting them have it..
and yes I did hear Mysterious Ways play in the back ground in a few clips...but I honestly thought they would mention ZOO TV and I was waiting to see what that arse face Rollins had to say about it..I hope that they do get mentioned for POP...even though ZOO was a bigger tour by comparison...

And THANK YOU so much Queen, that would be AWESOME if you can get the clip for us, cause I'm sure I will not be the only one to enjoy it!!:yes: :hug: :bow:

Last edited:
I don't have any stills of the video, but I have this picture of Bono and Frank Sinatra.

BonoFrankSinatra.jpg

The quality of the video is not that suitable for caps... I checked last night... since Queen Bee is uploading, that will be even better... :wink:

I would have uploaded, but already had a ysi upload going....

Here's an mpeg of the whole video. :) It's about 44MB, I think.

http://s13.ysi.com/d.aspx?id=120UOQ788RFAD015OOU68OOKN6

Copy and paste the link into your browser window replacing "ysi" with "you send it" without the spaces.

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
:drool: There is something about Bono's skin those days....it was so soft and creamy looking...exquisite.

:reject:

*yanks stars out of the box* No don't be embarressed.....i love it too, it was so youthful and ...and ...haaawwwt:drool:

wow that video is really hot:drool: i love the high falsetto....makes me melt...:combust: or catch fire...

Thank you Queen Bee! :bow:

What a beautiful video! I'm going to have to go read about it now in Bill Flanagan's book. I remember there was quite a story behind the making of the video.

starsgoblue said:
:drool: There is something about Bono's skin those days....it was so soft and creamy looking...exquisite.

:reject:

Oh Stars... that is just one of the many reasons why I love the Fly more than any other Bono incarnation.

No hiding in boxes! He was beautiful then, and he's beautiful now. :love:

BonoFox1 said:

It is a great clip!! and the story is HILARIOUS!!!..Thank you bunches Queen Bee!!:D

want story!!want story!!!!!want story!!!!*sits up and begs..:D

Dismantled said:

want story!!want story!!!!!want story!!!!*sits up and begs..:D

Just for you, Dismantled. :)

From U2 At the End of the World, by Bill Flanagan.

Bono has arrived in the California desert to meet up with Sinatra to make the video for “I’ve Got You Under My Skin.” Mr. and Mrs. Frank Sinatra arrive and bid Bono welcome. Frank and Bono climb into the back of a limo and head down the highway, the film crew across from them getting shots of the two swingers hanging out in style. Sinatra, the total pro, tells Bono to open the car window to improve the lighting of the shot. They cruise along through Rancho Mirage, Sinatra telling Dean Martin stories, while the cameras whirl.

Bono knows that Sinatra’s not going to lip-synch, so the plan is to film Bono and Blue Eyes hanging out in a saloon, talking like a father and son. One of Frank’s pals has a bar nearby, and that’s where they’re heading. Director Kevin Godley will shoot the two greeting each other at the door, ordering drinks, and having a heart to heart while “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” swings along beneath them.

They arrive at the bar, shake hands with a few people, and start filming. First take they come in, sit down, Bono gives Frank a first edition of a Yeats anthology, saying, “I know you like a great lyric,” and a bottle of Irish whiskey. Frank smiles. He knows this joint well but it looks weird to him today; there are no other customers, and the lamps are all too bright (the video crew has replaced the bulbs with high-watt movie lights). The crew has been told to stay in the shadows, out of Sinatra’s sight lines. A message is relayed from Godley, hidden in the kitchen watching on a monitor, for Bono and Frank to do another take – come in, exchange the gifts, pick up drinks. Bono sees that Frank is getting twitchy. He looks upset.” What are we doing?” Sinatra demands.

“We’re doing another take, Frank.”

“What do ya mean, another take? For what?”

“For the video.”

“What video?”

“For the duet.”

“What duet?”

Frank is losing it. Bono is getting spooked. Someone says, “Hey, Frank, let’s get a picture.” Anton Corbijn comes forward out of a dark corner and shoots a photograph of the two of them. Frank is startled and furious. “Who’s this?” he demands.

One of Sinatra’s people tries to calm him down. He tells him it’s a photo for the owner of the bar, Frank’s pal, to hang on the wall. “That bum!” Frank snaps. “After all I’ve done for him!” Frank seems disoriented now. “I’ve gotta go. I got a plane. I’ve gotta go.”

And with that, Frank Sinatra is gone.

Bono, Anton, and Kevin Godley are left in a saloon in Palm Springs, California, with their mouths hanging open. Godley will have to cobble together a video interspersing archival footage of Sinatra with Bono lip-synching his part, and a couple of bits from the back of the limo to at least show that the two of them have actually met.

Back
Top Bottom