Got NME's U2 magazine--wow!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't finnished reading mine either, I'm maybe half way through. I haven't had much time with the holidays, and it doesn't help that I got the Flannagan bible for x-mas, reading that has been my first priority.

wow oh wow

oh my gosh, the coolest thing happened tonight! I was on here, reading this topic wishing I had the NME magazine, okay? and then I got called off the computer to go open my birthday presents (cuz today is my birthday...lol :D ), and guess what my first present is?

the NME magazine!!! *dies of excitement* :hyper:

2 thumbs up for this issue

I found mine at Borders about 2-3 weeks ago. I picked up two copies. The guy at the checkout line was like, um okay why are you buying two? I told him i wrote one of the articles and wanted copies.

I know it, I lied but it pissed me off that he asked me that question. It's none of his beeswax!

I'm in a weird mood lately...

:huh:

Re: 2 thumbs up for this issue

oktobergirl said:
I found mine at Borders about 2-3 weeks ago. I picked up two copies. The guy at the checkout line was like, um okay why are you buying two? I told him i wrote one of the articles and wanted copies.

I know it, I lied but it pissed me off that he asked me that question. It's none of his beeswax!

:lmao:

That's way better than, "One's for a friend..."

*jumping up and down figuratively

just got a copy at B&N, still a few left here in Berkeley

this is very embarrassing, i couldn't get a huge smile off my face as soon as i picked it up off the shelf...i'm walking around trying to be a serious book-buyer and i just couldn't do it.

thanks here for reminding me! i've got to hole up somewhere for a week so i can read all this...

Re: 2 thumbs up for this issue

oktobergirl said:

Don't you hate when they're stupid like that?

Awhile back I bought the JT and R&H DVDs at the same time at fye and the guy at the checkout was like, "Have you seen them live before?" and we had this little conversation. It was very cool!

Yeah that happened a few months ago when I went to B&N to pick up a book and a friend had asked me to pick up a copy of the same for her. The girl asked if I knew that I had 2 of them...it was a hard back book obviously I was aware I picked up 2!

HOORAY! I finally got it! I found it at B. Dalton's Bookstore in a mall here in Kansas City...they had plenty. I got 3 copies (for myself, my sister....my mom=o)) and the lady ringing me up said "Yeah, I was never really into U2." Silly girl!

Thanks for all the hints on where to pick it up, everyone!

Jessica

Mrs the Jessica said:
and the lady ringing me up said "Yeah, I was never really into U2."

:mad: I really hate when people do that. It's just plain rude. Obviously YOU like them if you're buying the magazine!

Sometimes it's okay (and better!) for people to keep their opinions to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom