Got Elevated By Mrs. Edge!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
Okay, I just realized that in PLEBA my thread title may be considered kid of naughty!! Oh Well!!

Last night I had an opportunity to experience another incredible show by Toronto's cover band 'Elevation'. They played an awesome 2 hour set, including tons of old stuff like 11 o'clock tick tock, Electric Co, Gloria, and *sniff* ending it all with 40. The band was in incredible form, and Brady did all of Bono's stage antics to a tee. Girls, I'm telling you, I could watch this band for days on end. The highlight of the evening.... Jess's belly dancing. She was awesome, and blew everyone away.

Sorry if we didn't give you enough space Jess. I think that the crowd was really excited.

I got some great pictures and I can't wait to share them with everyone. My film eventually ran out, but my last shot was just when 'Bono' reached out to touch Jess's Belly.

Icelady & Arun, it was great meeting you, and CdnBliss, Mrs. Edge, and AliEnvy, it was awesome seeing you girls again!!

Doppelganger, we need to get you down for the next show. Trust me, you are going to be blow away!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

"Be uncool, yes be akward!"

YAY!!! *cheers for Mrs.Edge all the way from Atlanta* I really really wish that I could have seen this performance. It sounds like it was fantastic. WooHoo Jess and Elevation.
biggrin.gif

yelclap.gif

yaaaayyyy! it sound like it was a great show! wish i could have seen jess perform!
can't wait for the pics!!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

It sounds so cool. Congrats to Jess. I can't wait for the pics.
smile.gif

Wowwww, I wish I was there.
biggrin.gif
That's so awesome.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Yay, Jess!!!
smile.gif

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

Spinny, you are SUCH a sweetheart, thank you for your enthusiastic comments!! Yesterday night was certainly quite a magical evening. I am so bagged today, and my back is killing me!! lol!

Anyway, this band really does make my heart and soul sing. Like Spinny said, I could listen to them for days on end. They really were mindbogglingly great, and you could cut the atmosphere in that room with a knife! The bar said they had never had such a crowd before (there must have been around 200 ppl!), and that Elevation is now their #1 act! I hope this will lead to many great things for them, they certainly deserve it. I can't begin to say how honoured I am that they accepted me and trusted me enough to let me play a small part in all of this.

As for my dancing, it went pretty well all things considered. It was so funny, I had to change in this banquet room downstairs and the washrooms were so small and cramped, I literally changed right in the banquent room, and when I had to be naked, I wore my winter coat to try to cover myself a bit, but anyone could have come in and seen EVERYTHING at one point! LMAO!!!

Anyway, after warming up, I had to follow this long basement corridor (very Spinal Tap! Hello Cleveland!) and go up this flight of stairs to the show through the kitchen! I must admit, I lost 7lbs in one month for this, and I have about 9 more lbs to go (if I want to look anything close to Morleigh), but I still looked pretty good. The DJ radio mc guy even wanted his pic taken with me. I had eye diamonds, and belly jewels, and gold body sparkle in strategic places, and the costume itself is very nice I think. I kind of feel like some sort of superhero when I put it on! lol!

Icelady says she has some awesome pics which I think she will be posting today! I am so nervous about seeing them! Spinny, I can't wait to see your pics too, esp that one of Brady touching my stomach!
biggrin.gif

I remember waiting in the kitchen for my cue, and seeing some people craning their necks to see me in the kitchen, knowing what was coming. Then I walked through the crowd, and soon it was like everything was a total blur.

Everyone was very enthusiastic and crowded around me, which was a very energizing and encouraging experience. The eye contact from "Edge" and "Bono" really helped me to feel at ease too, and the friendly faces of the GTA group.

The only problem was that it was so crowded I barely had room to move, so I couldn't do half the stuff I had planned (including my super high kicks!). There was a LOT of improvisation. Also, first my skirt got snagged to my ankle bracelet, then I slipped on a flower petal, and also on my veil, and then I tripped on the monitor, which was black and I couldn't see it! But these were fairly subtle mistakes, and everyone has been giving me such positive feedback, I guess they didn't notice. I hope it didn't look too clumsy anyway. I was very sad when it was over though, because I so didn't want to let the band down, I wanted it to be perfect. *sigh*

Anyway, all aside from that, it was so much fun and I just can't wait to do it again, and to have the chance to perfect this. Hooking up with this band was one of the best things I could have done. I just love them.

And thanks so much to Arun, Spinny, Cdnbliss and icelady and everyone who came out for being so supportive of the band and to everyone in Pleba for being such wonderful friends!

(((((HUGS))))))

Stay tuned for the pics!
smile.gif

Yay! I'm so glad everything went great!!!!!! I told you you would had nothing to worry about after how the last bellydancer performed!!!! WOO HOO!!! Mrs. Edge!!!! I can't wait for pictures!!!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Woah, woah...
She's the refugee.
I see your face
I see you staring back at me

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 04-06-2002).]

*Hugs* Jess, you are so sweet!! You guys took off too early, you should have come out for Breakfast with us. I didn't get home until 5am!! *yawn* What a great night!!!

------------------
***Spinny***
"I don't know about you, but I feel good about the fact that I still haven't found what I'm looking for"-Bono, 1987

PICTURES!!!
biggrin.gif

Wish I wasn't a poor college student, I'd fly there just to see you, Jess

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
"It never ceases to amaze me. Here, we have a man who claims professes to enjoy flower arranging, has no qualms over donning a skirt at any given time and, now we learn, prefers to use the ladies' restroom. And yet somehow he manages to embody all that is masculine and sexy. I don't know how he does it. " ~Gina, on Adam
Gina: WOOHOO!

Way to go Jess!!
I'm sure you did fantastic. The mistakes you described sounded very minor and I'm sure they didn't distract from your performance. Now I really want to come see the show!! I'm really excited to see the pics, so I can see you in your costume!!
smile.gif

------------------
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in
eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star
in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
--Marie Beyon Ray

YAAAAAY JESS!!!! Sounds like you had an incredible time...I SO wish I could have been there to see you. I was thinking of you all night. SO SORRY about the bloody bracelet-ACK!
frown.gif
Hope there's a way to keep it from snagging again. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURES!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Spinny, Arun, Icelady and all the others, so glad you helped send some Pleba love to Jess for those of us who couldn't make it....

Woohoo girls are you in for a picture feast.

I just finished going through my pics. I took over 60 pictures and about 15 are of Jess dancing.

I still have to upload them to somewhere so that I can post them here but I will either tonight or tomorrow.

We got some PLEBA love to share!!!

*anxiously waits for the pics*
smile.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
lost on a silent planet
two lone, rising stars
locked in a silent planet
so close and yet so far...

I am the keeper of the belly jewel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and just in case you can't tell I'm excited)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm slowly catching up (or trying to) with all the posts. You all ar a bunch of post-aholics.
smile.gif

Anyhoo, as for Friday night, there's not much I can say that hasn't been said already. JESS YOU WERE GREAT! As we all knew you would be! (((hugs)))
I have my pics back already and I'll have them up sometime this week.

Cheers,
Char

P.S...Spinny....still wish we had have gone downtown?? hehe

Originally posted by CdnBliss:

P.S...Spinny....still wish we had have gone downtown?? hehe
Hmmmm, considering that I almost fell asleep after we left the restaraunt, NO!! I was going to give Brady a ride home, but being the nice guy that he is, he insisted on grabbing a cab. Thank god, I got home at 5am as it is.

Hey everyone!! The first PLEBA setup has taken place. My best friend has a date with Cdnbliss's boyfriends friend on Friday night!! Not only that, but he has a sexy Irish accent!!
wink.gif

------------------
***Spinny***

Back
Top Bottom