got a Snapfish account!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I got a Snapfish account yesterday! It takes infernally long to upload pix with my :censored: slow connection but I'm raiding the pix collections and having all kinds of fun!! :drool: :drool: :evil: :censored: :heart: :combust:

I used to have a Snapfish account until they erased it on me and so now I am back to zero fotos of the band until I can afford to pay for a photo account somewhere :sigh:

Yay Verte! We'll have you posting yet! :happy: Erised, I'm glad to hear you got one! Adamswildhoney, sorry to hear you got nuked:( Arw, you will not be sorry if you do get a boomspeed account!

Boomspeed will not shrink your pics, and if you have a slow computer it's easier than snapfish because you don't have to click, highlight, copy and paste- if you keep a list of the file names you can just type them in. That's what I usually do. Boomspeed addys are always http://www.boomspeed.com/username/filename.jpg as opposed to snapfish's extra long three or four line parade of numbers, letters and percent signs.

About being nuked: Snapfish erases your pics if you do not buy anything from them after one year. So keep track and either buy something or save your pics before the year is up! If you have a free boomspeed account, you can expect to be shut down within 2-3 months, so don't put anything irreplaceable there. (they have purges every few months to bust people posting on message boards, but since they just had one you might be safe for 3 months) But if you do get shut down, they will preserve your account and offer you a deal where you can get the 100meg, post all you want account (like some of us have) for only $2 a month the first 3 months, then $6 a month after. Believe me, as someone who has lost pics so many places, it was worth it. Once you pay, they do not care how much you post, or where you post, or how much bandwidth you use. So unless the service itself goes flop, your pics will stay safe. Good luck everybody! :wave:

Last edited:
With Snapfish you just have to purchase something once a year in order to keep the free account open .. it can be as little as a photo or two for $1.

One time Snapfish totally deleted my account and I was PISSED. I emailed them and complained and they restored my pictures within 24 hours.

All in all I think Snapfish is the best picture hosting program to use here at Interference.

They restored your pics? Cool! I didn't know they'd do that! The best thing about snapfish is that you get thumbnails, with boomspeed all you have is a list of names and when you have as many as me there is no way to remember them all LOL. It takes so long just to scroll down the long list I have. I'd use snapfish if it weren't so slow for my computer. Yes it has been the most dependable for PLEBA girls overall. Webshots and dotphoto were disasters, don't anybody go there! Oh and just FYI for anyone who still doesn't know, if you get one of those geocities or angelfire free sites, they will not post here.

I put a bunch of U2 pix on disk, or I thought I did. When I went to Snapfish to upload they weren't on my file. :scream: :scream: I don't know what happened but I'm pissed. :censored: :censored: :censored:
*growls at disk*

:rant: Ok, Boomspeed emailed me today to tell me my account was activated and they charged my credit card, but do you think they gave me the vaildation number for my account since I'm a first time user? NO! :mad: So now I can't do anything until I get that :censored: number. Their system won't recongize any of my information. :mad: Not a very good first impression to make on a customer.

:rant:

hey Verte (or anyone), I have a Snapfish account started with over 3000 Bono/U2 pics already uploaded. I never use it anymore. You can have it if you want. It's:

lar3@calvin.edu
luv4bono

Anyone can add pics or check it out! They're in folders by date.

U2Kitten said:
They restored your pics? Cool! I didn't know they'd do that! The best thing about snapfish is that you get thumbnails, with boomspeed all you have is a list of names and when you have as many as me there is no way to remember them all LOL. It takes so long just to scroll down the long list I have. I'd use snapfish if it weren't so slow for my computer. Yes it has been the most dependable for PLEBA girls overall. Webshots and dotphoto were disasters, don't anybody go there! Oh and just FYI for anyone who still doesn't know, if you get one of those geocities or angelfire free sites, they will not post here.

I have boomspeed and I give all my pictures a very detailed description, and I have all my Edge pics divided into Edge I, Edge II and so on. The best thing to do is to give your pics a very detailed description so you remember what picture is what.

erised said:
:rant: Ok, Boomspeed emailed me today to tell me my account was activated and they charged my credit card, but do you think they gave me the vaildation number for my account since I'm a first time user? NO! :mad: So now I can't do anything until I get that :censored: number. Their system won't recongize any of my information. :mad: Not a very good first impression to make on a customer.

:rant:

It took 24 hours after I signed up for boomspeed to get my validation #.

Spanisheyes21- HOW do you make categories? What do you do? I don't know how! :der: :help:

Erised- If you don't get it, email support, and/or post on their message board. They are very nice when you do that. They don't want any bad publicity. Something weird happened to me. When I didn't get my account in any way in about 3 days, I re-signed up. 3 more days passed and still no results. So I signed up again. Finally, after all that, I got my big account! I was so happy- until I got my credit card bill and saw I had been billed triple! They bill you 3 months at once, but I was billed 3 months at once 3 times! I got ahold of them and sure enough they were charging me for 3 accounts, even though I only had one, one credit card, one username, one email. Not only did they refund the extra money they gave me a free month:) So while sometimes they are hard to contact they will take care of you. Have fun with your pics! :)

U2Kitten said:
Spanisheyes21- HOW do you make categories? What do you do? I don't know how! :der: :help:

Erised- If you don't get it, email support, and/or post on their message board. They are very nice when you do that. They don't want any bad publicity. Something weird happened to me. When I didn't get my account in any way in about 3 days, I re-signed up. 3 more days passed and still no results. So I signed up again. Finally, after all that, I got my big account! I was so happy- until I got my credit card bill and saw I had been billed triple! They bill you 3 months at once, but I was billed 3 months at once 3 times! I got ahold of them and sure enough they were charging me for 3 accounts, even though I only had one, one credit card, one username, one email. Not only did they refund the extra money they gave me a free month:) So while sometimes they are hard to contact they will take care of you. Have fun with your pics! :)

:rant: Well, they better hurry up! I'm sorry, I'm just pissed that I am now paying for a service I can NOT access. :mad: That's not cool with me. :no: They emailed me back to say that I should IGNORE the part that's asking for a validation number (they still never gave me a number), and just use my username and password but they must have overlooked the fact that I stated in my email to them that my user id and password are NOT working!! :yell:

I emailed support but if this doesn't get fixed REAL soon, I want my money back and I'll just attach pics and not have web space.

Woohoo!!!!!!!! :dance: Things are FINALLY straightened out with Boomspeed... turns out someone else already had a free account with the user name I wanted, so I when I signed up, I actually upgraded THAT person's account, instead of opening an account for me. :|

But it should be all good now. I was able to log in to my account! :dance:

Now I just gotta wait for my credit card bill to make sure they didn't double bill me. :|

U2Kitten said:

]

Just go to the empty space next to Add and then write in Bono, Edge, whatever and then click on Add and your new catagory pops up. Actually there called Directories.

SpanishEyes21 said:

Just go to the empty space next to Add and then write in Bono, Edge, whatever and then click on Add and your new catagory pops up. Actually there called Directories.

:hmm: Can you make directories within directories? Like a Pop directory within the Larry directory?!?

I'm getting the run-around by an unrelated Web hosting company. :mad: :censored: I may be getting rid of my :censored: slow connection!!!!!:hyper: :hyper: That'll make it easier for me to post pix!!:drool:

erised said:

:hmm: Can you make directories within directories? Like a Pop directory within the Larry directory?!?

um, yes. I have an EdgeI directory and then when you go into that directory you find EdgeII, EdgeIII and so on. I dont have directories for each era, boomspeed automatically groups all your Pop, Ele, jt pics together, thats if you begin the description of each pic with Pop or JT.

Back
Top Bottom