Goodbye U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erised

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
As I write this, I am in the process of deleting all the U2 images I had uploaded to my work's server. :sad: They sent out a message this morning reminding people that copyrighted material should not be used on our pages, and while the email specifically mentioned music files, I don't want to take any chances so I'm deleting my U2 pics. The server went down maybe an hour before the message was sent out... I'm just wondering if they're taking a closer look at what's on the servers... it's just weird that that happened and then this message went out.

I know I probably shouldn't have all my U2 images uploaded on a server my place of work owns, but personal web space was a perk of the job so I wanted to take advantage of it while I could... but it seems like a lot of places are cracking down on what their employees are doing via the web and email, etc.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know... so as all my images turn into red X's, you'll know why.

:sigh:

Aw, Jenny, that's a real bummer. :tsk: :hug: We're both having bad luck where internet usage at work is concerned...

But on the other hand, I'm a bit relieved! I thought you were going to say that for some strange reason, you didn't like U2 anymore or something! :no:

:( :mad: That stinks!!

I have to figure out something so we can put all these smoking Larry pics directly on my site! ((erised's hot larry pics))

:sigh: I know there are worse things happening in the world that I should be bummed about, and I didn't think it would bum me out as bad as it did, but it wasn't easy deleting files and html pages that I've been referring to on an almost daily basis since joining PLEBA last year. Especially the pages named larmullen.html and larmullen2.html... I used the pics on those pages soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!! :laugh:

Well, I get web space with my ISP, but I have no idea what their rules are regarding hotlinking, bandwidth limits, etc. Guess i need to check it out...

flaming june said:
But on the other hand, I'm a bit relieved! I thought you were going to say that for some strange reason, you didn't like U2 anymore or something! :no:

:shifty: I admit it, I purposely left out the word "images" at the end of the post title... I figured it would grab people's attention. :mac:

erised said:

:shifty: I admit it, I purposely left out the word "images" at the end of the post title... I figured it would grab people's attention. :mac:

:shame: You should be ashamed, scaring me like that... It did grab my attention! What would I do without my twin around here??? :hug:

bawling2.gif
That's a PLEBA tragedy, I'm very sorry :( I hope you at least got to upload some of the best ones somewhere else before you had to get rid of them.

flaming june said:

i thought that, too. I was going to pop in here and try to save you from folly!

but now that I know what you meant, I feel bad for you. That really sucks.

Back
Top Bottom