Gone missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I was going to say this in Susan's thread but didn't want to hijack it. I am very upset today, and couldn't sleep all last night. My precious cat Fiesty (Bono's dad) has gone missing. This is a big deal, this never happens. I have had cats who go off for days and come back, but this one does not leave the general area. He is fixed, he is VERY close and loving- I'm talking arms wrapped around each other like human lovers- with the other cats. He is also very attached to me and always waits for me to get home and jumps in the car! I do not want him outside, but he LITERALLY tears up the door to get out and makes so much noise I have to let him out. He is very content to lay around the yard, picnic table, roof, etc. He sometimes ventures into the neighbors' yards, but comes right back.

I never leave and leave him outside, unless it's just to go to the store real fast. He can just play while I'm there. But yesterday I had to leave in a hurry on an important business apt. (we are trying to buy a house) and when I left he was over the fence in the neighbors' yard (these are the people with the 2 big dogs and a cat like him) and I couldn't get him. It was a beautiful day and he wanted to stay out. By the time I got home, it was raining and dark. He was not there and it worried me. The other cats were but not him. I am devastated. He is not they type to run off. I thought he may just be asleep under the house but when he didn't come out this morning, I feel something awful has happened.

As I said, he was in the yard where those people have the big dogs, but they weren't home. I was thinking when they got home they might have let the dogs out and they got him before he could get back over the fence. It is also suspicous that their yard is all raked up with new piles of leaves near the area where he was. I can't help thinking they are covering him up or at least a bloody spot. People tell me I'm crazy and paranoid, but doesn't it add up? He was last seen there, he isn't back, their yard different in that very spot?

I asked them this morning as they were driving away and they said they didn't see him and laughed when I asked if the dogs had eaten him. They said they didn't and that they have a cat just like him and the dogs don't mess with cats. They have been outside and never even barked at my cats when they see them so I didn't think they'd do that, but some dogs will attack strangers in their yard. I keep thinking, are they lying?

Then there's the asshole across the street who always threatens cats, he's always a suspect.

I keep hoping he'll show up any minute, but I just don't believe it. He loved me, and the other cats too much. He'd no more leave them of his own free will than I would leave my kids and cats. Something terrible happened, I just know it.

I am so sick, this is a huge loss, and like a missing murder victim I will probably never know what happened. He was too special for words, black and white with huge green eyes and a perfect pastel pink nose, intelligent beyond the animal realm, and with a human soul you could see in his eyes and feel in his purr. Nothing can ever take his place, or take away the sickness I feel and not putting him in before I left, or how much I will miss him. I can't stand to see the other cats he used to lay hugging with without him, it's so sad. Nothing will ever be right again.

bawling2.gif

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. I've been been a pet owner myself, but I know what kind of wreck my sister was when her cat got out--in New York City, of all places to lose a cat--and how relieved she was when they found her. That cat is her lifeblood. I hope you find your cat soon. :hug: :hug:

I talked to the neighbor lady again, she said he was under her other car when she got home yesterday (which was a few minutes after I left) and not in the yard. She said she raked the yard so her kids would not step in dog doo! (both their dogs shit on that side of the yard) and she laughed and was friendly. She also said she had 2 cats inside and the dogs never messed with them. So I believe her.

So where is he? Now I have the other suspect of the mullet asshole across the street who always threatens animals. I can't help but feel so bad wondering what kind of terrible thing must have happened and assuming the worst. He just wouldn't leave us. :sad: I want him and I need his tender loving and purring, better than I ever got from any human.

:(

Find the thread about the other girl's cat that was missing a while back.. there are lots of tips I posted in there and her cat came home.

Awww...:hug:. It sucks when a pet goes missing...I've had that happen to me before with a dog. It's scary.

Here's hoping your kitty comes back soon, alive and well, and hopefully that guy who threatens animals had no part in his disappearance...if he did, let me know where he lives and I'll personally pay him a visit *Punches fist into palm*.

Don't give up so soon. Cats come back at weird times. I was watching a show and a cat went missing and came back 6 years later. Post pictures of your cat everywhere...a big help would be getting in touch with the local shelters and humane societies in your area incase someone finds him and drops him off. That way you will have all sorts of people watching for him.
And if that creep across the street did do something I hope you catch him and put him away. Animal abusers suck and there is no need for them...:madspit:
But cats are smart and I have a feeling in my gut that this will turn out great:)
ps...he sounds just like my kitty

Moonlit_Angel said:

Wow. Where the heck was it all that time?

Amen to that one.

Angela

the cat was found by someone and brought with them when they moved like 1000 miles away. SO anyway...I don't know what happened for 6 years...must have been a stray or something. But finally the cat was picked up by a couple who were moving like 1000 miles away. They took it to a vet at there new home and the vet realized it had one of those microchips in it. They scanned the microchip and found out that this cat belonged 1000 miles away from where they were........they called the people (who by a miracle still lived there and had the same phone number) asked them if was there cat. The people who had lost the cat couldn't belive it...it was amazing! It made me cry:sad:

THere was another one probably even more amazing about a dog who was missing for 13 years and reniuted with its owners the same way.

And another dog who was missing for 4 years then one day just showed back up in the yard....its amazing what pets will do.

Dismantled said:
the cat was found by someone and brought with them when they moved like 1000 miles away. SO anyway...I don't know what happened for 6 years...must have been a stray or something. But finally the cat was picked up by a couple who were moving like 1000 miles away. They took it to a vet at there new home and the vet realized it had one of those microchips in it. They scanned the microchip and found out that this cat belonged 1000 miles away from where they were........they called the people (who by a miracle still lived there and had the same phone number) asked them if was there cat. The people who had lost the cat couldn't belive it...it was amazing! It made me cry:sad:

Ah. Yeah, that is amazing-holy crud.

Originally posted by Dismantled
THere was another one probably even more amazing about a dog who was missing for 13 years and reniuted with its owners the same way.

And another dog who was missing for 4 years then one day just showed back up in the yard....its amazing what pets will do.

No kidding. That's pretty cool, hearing stories like that.

Angela

Dismantled said:
They took it to a vet at there new home and the vet realized it had one of those microchips in it. They scanned the microchip and found out that this cat belonged 1000 miles away from where they were........

If your kitty has a microchip U2Kitten, definitely call all of your local vets, humane society shelters, etc. and let them know the number. Most every one of those places will have a scanner and if your baby turns up they can call you ASAP! :happy:

I hope he comes back to you very soon! :hug:

Oh Michelle, I'm so sorry! I hope he comes home. I know what it's like to have a cat go missing and not know what's happened. It's horrible!!:sad: I had one missing five days before he came home (but he WAS a wanderer).
But try not to assume the worst; keep looking and post pictures.
I remember quite a few years ago, I had a cat who was also very sweet and docile; not a wanderer. One day, I happened to look out the window just in time to catch a glimpse of a little girl disappearing around the corner carrying my cat! I thought, "WTF?" and took after her. By the time I caught up, she was almost three blocks away, still carrying my little Putt-Putt. I said, "Where do you think you're taking that cat?" And she said, "I'm taking it home; it's lost." Obviously, I wasted no time correcting her. But if I hadn't looked out the window right at that moment, I might never have found out where my cat had gone.
Keep hoping and looking. I'm thinking about you.:hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone :hug: :hug:

He's back! :happy: :hyper: :dance:

I just got done crying over an online video set to music of the Rainbow Bridge poem and I went outside and here he came around the back of the house! He looked like he didn't want to come to me and when I picked him up he acted weird, not the cuddly purrbox he usually is, but meowing and trying to get down. He seemed to have something wrong with his right front paw. When I took him inside he wouldn't eat and now he's hiding in the laundry room on a self. Poor thing I wonder what he's been through, someone must have kicked him or something, this is not like him. I guess he can never tell me what happened but he's with me now and he's not going out anymore unless I'm right there to watch him. I hope he'll be his old self soon but I am so relieved he's back! I was so depressed and miserable!

Awwwww - That's fantastic he's back, Kitten!!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

It made me sad reading that, but reading that your kitty's back - that's wonderful. Boo to anyone who might have hurt him! :madspit: I hate people like that who start kicking animals, like that guy you described living over the road!

Thank god! :happy:

Great news! Something must have really scared him. I'm so happy he found his way home:D
(Speaking of home, Michelle, how's the house-hunt going?)

YAY!!!! I'm so glad your cat's come home. I hope he's back to his normal self soon. I've been through the same thing and I know how agonising it is - I'll bet you're so relieved! :hug:

Anyone who hurts animals is a worthless little bastard who needs a good kick where it hurts, as far as I'm concerned!

Back
Top Bottom