Golden Globes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michellenj02

Babyface
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but the guys have been nominated for a Golden Globe Award for best original song! Hopefully they will win :yes:

*has split interests* :der: :yes:

How much do you want to bet that the boys will attend the ceremony just for the free wine they serve during the show? :D

madonna's child said:
*has split interests* :der: :yes:

How much do you want to bet that the boys will attend the ceremony just for the free wine they serve during the show? :D

what's so wrong about that?? :lol: :lol:

hope they win:yes:

wertsie said:
I was so excited when I heard!

Anyone happen to know who else was nominated?

Also nominated in the Best Song category are:
Die Another Day (Madonna)
Wild Thornberries
Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron
Lose Yourself (Eminem), 8 Mile

God, I hope U2 wins.

ramblin rose said:

Also nominated in the Best Song category are:
Die Another Day (Madonna)
Wild Thornberries
Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron
Lose Yourself (Eminem), 8 Mile

God, I hope U2 wins.

Was Wild Thornberries the Paul Simon song (I heard in the preview for it that he recorded a new song for the film).

I like Die Another Day and Lose Yourself, but, yeah, Hands HAS to win!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Geez, I hope they win. Heavens, one more thing that I have to be nervous about (can you say "another figure skating competition and I HOPE my skaters don't fall again?") that week!! :hyper: :hyper: :sigh: :help:

I hope they get wasted! More so then at the Grammys. How rock and roll would that be? Black tie event like the Globes and the "biggest band in the world" is trashed. Ha ha ha. :lol:

p.s. Eminem should really win

U2 should win, but Hands is not a song you instantly like. It?s a grower. It takes time to really apprechiate it.

So I?m pretty much afraid that Madonna or Eminem will walk away with the award. :(

AM said:
U2 should win, but Hands is not a song you instantly like. It?s a grower. It takes time to really apprechiate it.

So I?m pretty much afraid that Madonna or Eminem will walk away with the award. :(

Yeah, I fear that Eminem will win too. Still crossing my fingers for the boys though. :)

Where will the awards be held, BTW?

I think Eminem will win, too, unless the people who are doing the voting decide he's too controversial. That's a possibility.

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think neither Madonna nor Eminem will win.

Neither of the films are nominated for any other Golden Globe, and although the Best Song winner hasn't always been from films nominated it seems like the majority of the winners have always been from films that at least have one other nomination, (even if that movie hasn't won).

Also, I don't think that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association will feel so compelled to give either Madonna or Eminem such a prestigious award, (I'm not even convinced they will do that for U2, but I do think they have more of a chance because the movie is up for a few of the more important awards).

AM said:

:no: I have to disagree here. I loved it the first time I heard it, I really did!

:shrug: Maybe it was just me...

wertsie said:

:no: I have to disagree here. I loved it the first time I heard it, I really did!

:shrug: Maybe it was just me...

It wasn't just you. I also loved it upon first listening. And now I just love it more.

AWESOME! This is so great!!! U2 MUST WIN! (along with an oscar;)
I think Eminem has a good chance too. But hopefully Gangs will do really really well and then the song will get more publicity....
this will be interesting, thats forsure!

Back
Top Bottom