Giving the band letters/messages...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
When i went to dublin recently i had a bit of a crazy fan moment and posted a letter through the hanover quay studios letter box asking if one of the band would sign it for me (it was in an envelope with my address on and a stamp)... i know this is daft and nothing will come of it, but has any done anything similar? Like give bono a letter before when meeting him or something? Please make me feel less stupid!

how the hell did you manage that lol?!

partygirlvox said:
how the hell did you manage that lol?!

Front Row during the War Tour - Climbed up with a boost from a friend and slipped my hand down his boot - you should have seen his face ... priceless!

Thats hilarious, i can just imagine him looking down and seeing someone with their hand in his shoe..he must have been kinda suprised! what did your note say dude?

An invite to dinner .. he never called ... the note was probably all sweaty and soggy - but that's ok I enjoyed delivering the note :wink:

Thats too cool! I cant imagine many people doing that so hey he probably remembers it! ...
sweaty and soggy eurgh..but its bonos sweat so :drool: .

My friends and I handed him a card when we met him 4 years ago. We each signed it and said our "thank yous" and what we appreciated about him.

My Sis and I managed to get a Christmas Card to Bono through a friend of a friend being a friend of Bonos!! He was at a party this this friend of mine and handed our cards to Ali!!!!

Lisa

bonolady said:
I put a letter to Bono at his house in France and got one back !!!

you got a letter back?! from bono?! wow!! :shocked:

Argh. I'm going to upgrade my account JUST so i can PM this woman!

Bonolady is my friend and the story is true.
i have a copy of that letter, it is handwritten by Bono.

I don't know if she wants to tell the story,
i'll give her a call later this morning.

Okay! Thats really cool I've never known anyone to get a reply from Bono. Wow!

angelofdublin said:
Bonolady is my friend and the story is true.
i have a copy of that letter, it is handwritten by Bono.

I don't know if she wants to tell the story,
i'll give her a call later this morning.

:hyper:

can you ask her if she'd like to reply how she did it and what sort of things she wrote before fridaynight please?
I'm going to france, and considering to write him something myself aswell... but I've no clue what to tell him that is actually original...

hello girls..... Angel of Dublin rang me the other day.....
I really did get a letter back from Bono. It said (not literally) that he wasn't allowed by his family to send letters to fans at this moment..... xxx Bono. I don't wanna post it because it's very special to me......

Back
Top Bottom