Girls, mum kept this paper for me with Bono/DeNiro, + there's other stuff I typed up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I dont see any of this printed anywhere, for now, so here ya go.......its prob all been said and read before but I thought I would give it a go and share....in case you were interested.....in case some stuff is new........(but u know newspapers!)

:)

Ok....newspaper headlines - the FOBS (thats Friends of Bono)

;)

Some of his famous pals (and there are photos of Bono and that person beside each text, but really ones you mighta seen before - no scanner - sorry! :( ) - ANYHOW!

:D Bono and Bill Clinton
HOW THEY MET: In 1992, they were in the same hotel and Bono tried to wake Bill in the early hours - for a chat. But the secret service stopped him. The next morning, Clinton went to Bono's door - for a chat. They've been friends ever since.
MOST RECENT DATE: Bono brought Bill on a tour of Dublin last June, taking in the exclusive Spy Club and dinner in the Clarence Hotel.
WHAT BILL DOES FOR BONO: Gives him credibility on the political A-list.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR BILL: Gives him credibility in the MTV generation.

Bono and Luciano Pavarotti
WHEN THEY MET: Over a meal in Sicily cooked by the tenor who urged Bono to write a song for him.
NEXT DATE: At the end of this month, they will put on a charity gig for Iraqi victims of the war.
WHAT PAVAROTTI GETS FROM BONO: Adulation from his partner, Nicoletta Mantovani, who told him that Bono was her hero.
WHAT BONO GETS FROM PAVAROTTI: Pasta dinners?

Bono and Bob Geldolf
HOW THEY MET: On the London-Irish music scene in the late '70s. Bob and Phil Lynott regularly partied with the young Bono.
MOST RECENT DATE: They often meet to talk about their Drop The Debt campaign.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR BOB: Gives him creative credibility with a bolthole in a crisis such as when Paula Yates's affair with Michael Hutchence was exposed.
WHAT BOB DOES FOR BONO: Brings passion to Bono's ramblings about Third World poverty.

Bono and Salmon Rushdie
HOW THEY MET: On the international party circuit where Rushdie is a regular.
MOST RECENT DATE: Since Rushdie moved to America, the pair see less on one another.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR RUSHDIE: Sticks up for him when Islamic enemies declare a fatwa on the controversial writer.
WHAT SALMAN DOES FOR BONO: Guest appearances. In 1993, when the author was in hiding, he appeared on stage at a U2 gig in Wembley to let everyone know he was OK.

Bono and Naomi Campbell
HOW THEY MET: Through U2 badboy Adam Clayton in 1993, who was briefly engaged to the stroppy supermodel (Bono's daughter was going to be a flowergirl at the wedding).
MOST RECENT DATE: At the supermodel show at the Point this year. Most of the models stayed in hotels but Naomi overnighted with Bono and Ali.
WHAT NAOMI DOES FOR BONO: Provides serious glamour. Christy Turlington and Bono's newest buddy, Robert De Niro (an old flame), were introduced by Naomi. She also turns up religiously for Ali's fund-raising extravaganzas.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR NAOMI: Acts as a surrogate parent for Naomi and helps her fight her serious drug demons.

Bono and Winona Ryder
HOW THEY MET: During U2's Zoo TV tour of the US in the early '90s. She fell for his messianic thing.
LAST DATE: When U2 played in LA in late 2001, loyal Winona turned up to support her favourite band.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR WINONA: Gives her some direction and remains her friend despite her troubles.
WHAT WINONA DOES FOR BONO: Proves he's great.

Bono and Woody Harrelson
HOW THEY MET: During production of Bono's movie, The Million Dollar Hotel, in LA in the mid-1990s.
MOST RECENT DATE: Last October, Woody flew to Dublin for an art show opening. Bono introduced him to The Corrs and Christy Moore.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR WOODY: Agrees with him. Harrelson is an anti-war, anti-sanctions, anti-Third World debt proclaimist.
WHAT WOODY DOES FOR BONO: Makes him look cool. A Texan vegan and self-proclaimed 'grass activist', he's worshipped by the hip crowd.

Bono and Robbie Williams
HOW THEY MET: On the celeb party circuit.
MOST MEMORABLE DATE: At a party, Robbie was staring at a painting and said: 'This is incredible.' Bono replied: 'That's the window, Robbie'. :lol: - if its true!
WHAT ROBBIE DOES FOR BONO: Difficult to say, he once described U2 as the world's worst rock band.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR ROBBIE: Helps him battle his booze problems.

Bono and Helena Christiansen
HOW THEY MET: At the 1994 inaugural MTV Europe Awards, held on the site of the Berlin Wall.
LAST DATE: The Edge's wedding to Morleigh Steinberg at Eze in the South of France.
WHAT BONO DOES FOR HELENA: Consoled the Danish supermodel when Michael Hutchence dumped her for Paula Yates.
WHAT HELENA DOES FOR BONO: Helena was a regular at Bono's brother Norman's Tosca restaurant in Dublin's Suffolk Street - giving crucial celeb cachet.

and finally:
Bono and Courtney Love
HOW THEY MET: Through REM frontman Michael Stipe who introduced Bono to the late Kurt Cobain and his wife.
LAST DATE: Last year, when he agreed to support her plans to sue Nirvana members for ownership of the band's recordings.
WHAT LOVE GETS FROM BONO: Advice.
WHAT BONO GETS FROM LOVE: Respect.

so, thats it ladies! Actually on the opposite side of paper its got pic of Bono and De Niro and a fuller story of what they were up to.....so I dunno, would you want me to type it out? You can let me know sure, but I will prob do it anyway!

Sorry if this has been up before or u read it..........what da heck!

but hey! Guess we're all FOBS!!!

< F.O.B

;)

enjoy!

:up: to my mum for keeping this paper for me!!!!!!!
:happy:

cooooool If already read that story it is kinda funny :lmao:
but Robbie vs Bono hmmmm *thinks*
Doesn't match

Re: Girls, mum kept this paper for me with Bono/DeNiro, + there's other stuff I typed up.

MOST MEMORABLE DATE: At a party, Robbie was staring at a painting and said: 'This is incredible.' Bono replied: 'That's the window, Robbie'. :lol: - if its true!
[/B]

after reading this couple of weeks ago....i started saying "you've been staring at the window too long" to people who say s.th. crazy (u know instead of r u on crack or s.th like that)........sad thing is.....I'm the only one who gets it!!:shifty: :reject:

Re: Girls, mum kept this paper for me with Bono/DeNiro, + there's other stuff I typed up.

mad1 said:
Bono and Luciano Pavoritti
NEXT DATE: At the end of this month, they will put on a charity gig for Iraqi victims of the war.
Hmm, I hadn't heard about that. I need to catch up on my U2 news.

Bono and Naomi Campbell
HOW THEY MET: Through U2 badboy Adam Clayton in 1993,
hahaha, I love when they call Adam a bad boy.

Bono and Robbie Williams
MOST MEMORABLE DATE: At a party, Robbie was staring at a painting and said: 'This is incredible.' Bono replied: 'That's the window, Robbie'.
lmao

Thanks for the article, Maddie! You're a sweetheart! :hug:

Last edited:
That's really cool, Maddie!

Bono's daughter was gonna be a flower girl at Adam and Naomi's wedding, eh?

How cute. :D.

And he acts as a surrogate parent...very sweet.

LOL at the Robbie Williams thing involving the painting.

Tell your mom thanks for all this...this wasn't a waste of time, it was very interesting and cool to read.

Angela

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom