Get a gift for Bono....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
Heres my rainy day question?

If you were able to meet Bono before a show, what gift would you bring him?

I thought of this question because I saw something that reminded me of him....it was a small

celtic cross with a verse from psalms on it. I thought it would be lovely for that situation.:happy:

hcbiggs2002 said:
Me, tied with a big red bow!!!:evil: But seriously, something I'd made myself say a drawing or something. I'll get back to you once I've had a think!:eyebrow:

quit stealing my thoughts!
also, I think I'd give him something... that would mean something to him... not something like a teddybear or a rose or so... god I really don't know...

Doesn't matter. Any gift I can think of would be the wrong one. :grumpy:

Pity party for one. :sigh:

I've seen some really great gifts - not necessarily the value but for some reason, Bono has been tickled by them. A flower, bottle of wine,box of chocolates, train set... the sky is the limit with him I guess.

Hee. A train set.

I swear I'll buy him a box of Legos jst to see if he'll play with 'em.

Devlin said:
Hee. A train set.

I swear I'll buy him a box of Legos jst to see if he'll play with 'em.

actually the train was for Edge ;)
the thought of Bono playing with legos :lmao: :lmao:
and how about giving him a barbiedoll? :lol: or an action man...

I am always surprised when people give the guys food/drinks...

Of course them being nothing but nice, they accept it graciously and beam a smile, but I am sorry, if I am them or their security team, there is no way in hell I am putting any of that stuff in my mouth/allow them to do so... 99% of it might be perfectly fine and given with nothing but love, but there are waaaaaaaaay too many crazies out there to take the risk. :crack:

And yup, I did a donation for AWF last year and plan on doing so again this year for his birthday :nerd:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
I am always surprised when people give the guys food/drinks...

Of course them being nothing but nice, they accept it graciously and beam a smile, but I am sorry, if I am them or their security team, there is no way in hell I am putting any of that stuff in my mouth/allow them to do so... 99% of it might be perfectly fine and given with nothing but love, but there are waaaaaaaaay too many crazies out there to take the risk. :crack:

And yup, I did a donation for AWF last year and plan on doing so again this year for his birthday :nerd:

I'm sure they take the Guiness with a smile :wink:

Souly said:

I'm sure they take the Guiness with a smile :wink:

yeah you could see Bono's reaction, first there was the MTV Jammed thingy,
:bono: what's that? Oh guinnesses :hyper: Thank you so much!

and then the 2nd disc of the chicago dvd.. fans saying Bono we got you guinness for your birthday... and he was like YAY thank you :D

:hmm: but there is that funny picture of John holding that bottle of whatever-it-is-alcohol and Bono looking like 'give me, I want it' *pouts*
so maybe John didn't trust it there...
also I think when the cans/bottles are closed, how could somebody put nasty stuff in it?

Galeongirl said:

.... how about giving him a barbiedoll? :lol: or an action man...

how about BOTH the barbie and the action man....would be an interesting 2-3 minutes there :D

MsGiggles said:

how about BOTH the barbie and the action man....would be an interesting 2-3 minutes there :D

would be interesting to see his face when you hand them to him :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Bet he'd be like WTF???? :ohmy:

:hmm: would be very interesting to see Bono speechless for the first time in his life... :wink:

Galeongirl said:

also I think when the cans/bottles are closed, how could somebody put nasty stuff in it?

Wine you could usually inject something through the cork with a syringe...

:watchestoomanyspyshows:

Miroslava said:

Wine you could usually inject something through the cork with a syringe...

:watchestoomanyspyshows:

.. you didn't happen to give something to Bono now did you?..... :eyebrow:
but it's very hard to think of something for a gift that really would mean something to him... I really can't think of something!

Galeongirl said:

.. you didn't happen to give something to Bono now did you?..... :eyebrow:
but it's very hard to think of something for a gift that really would mean something to him... I really can't think of something!

Donations. to charities.

So at "meet and greets" what percentage of fans end up giving them something? It seems the majority usually is asking for autographs and such.

(just curious, never made it out to greet them :reject: )

Souly said:
I'm sure he'd appreciate it more if you donated whatever money you spent on your gift to a charity or something.

http://www.africanwellfund.org/

Yeah, every year for Bono's birthday the AWF has a fundraiser to build wells in Africa, and he gets a card with messages from all of the donors on it. But, if I were just going to give him something, it'd be a yellow rose for friendship.

I gave Bono a button ... I Miss John Lennon ... I had it since John Lennon was killed, he thanked me, and gave my hand a squeeze, I thought it would be meaningful to him since he was such a Lennon fan. I was very happy to give it to him :heart:

I don't think I'd give him anything - it seems he just hands it over to his minders or whoever....so what are the chances of him actually seeing it again after that moment?

But I'm all for giving to charity :yes:

MsGiggles said:
I don't think I'd give him anything - it seems he just hands it over to his minders or whoever....so what are the chances of him actually seeing it again after that moment?

But I'm all for giving to charity :yes:

... he put the button I gave him in his pocket, not to "his minders" ...

seajewel said:

... he put the button I gave him in his pocket, not to "his minders" ...

did he wear it for the show or did you ever see a photo with him wearing it? Point is alot of people give him stuff and you just wonder where it's ending up. I read an article that most celebrities donate that stuff to charity or whatever and the charity use what they can and throw the rest out. :|

Last edited:
He is not your average CELEBRITY!:mad:
I don't think he would have done that with the button, he would have kept it, there is such things as jewellery boxes!
My god , don't shatter the girl's dreams, I wish i could/would give something like that to him!:love:

why so negative? ... anyway it wasn't at a show and he was wearing a Prada suit jacket and wouldn't expect him to put a hole in that .... just happy to have given it to him .....:)

fly so high! said:
He is not your average CELEBRITY!:mad:
I don't think he would have done that with the button, he would have kept it, there is such things as jewellery boxes!
My god , don't shatter the girl's dreams, I wish i could/would give something like that to him!:love:

Thanks!:heart:

Back
Top Bottom