Geldof and Bono Like Brothers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono Mot

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Some randomness from contactmusic.com

Rock campaigner SIR BOB GELDOF is so close to his fellow charity campaigner BONO, he has likened their relationship to "brothers". The former BOOMTOWN RAT and U2 frontman, who are both members of the campaign group Debt, Aid, Trade And Africa, have come together in their desire to make world leaders boost aid and provide fair trade to poverty-stricken African nations. Geldof says, "We talk non-stop at each other, pretending we're listening. We then feign agreement on a given strategy, and then go and do different things, under the false impression the other is all for it. "As a result we drive each other mad. But it works. "As the showbiz line goes: he's my brother, but he ain't at all heavy. He's great."

"Pretending we're listening." Yeah, that sounds about like family. :wink:

hahaha yeah, nice quote.

Can imagine everyone else doing that too.

:cute: aww! They look like brothers together.. well not from the outside.. but they always seem to have loads of fun together :wink:

Oh thanks for that Mot! Mind if we post some Bono & Bob pics? I always like pics of them together...they've been friends a long time. Maybe someone has some I don't have.

bonobobgeldoff80s.jpg

bonocomet said:

I believe this picture demonstrates EXACTLY what he was talking about!

BG: :blahblah:
Bono: <places his mind elsewhere while BG chatters away>la, la, la....

bonocomet said:

This serie of pics is just great! :D

Bob & Bono! :bow:

Btw, I just got tix for the Bob concert here on September 2nd! :hyper:

^ wow cool Merc!

I remember when the Up All Night video 1st came out on MTV... I think it was one of MTV's very 1st vids they used to show wasn't it? I thought it was soooooo cool! :D

Back
Top Bottom