Gearing up for the Grammys...7..6..5..4..3..2..1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foadie

War Child
Okay, it's officially a week until the Grammys!! I'm so excited, how 'bout you gals?
Hehe, remember last year?

blow_bono.jpg

U2's out now, making its virgin Grammy performance with "Beautiful Day." Bono clearly thinks he's on Saturday Night Live again, where, earlier this season, his performance included running into the crowd, preening into the camera and working every corner of the stage. Ah, we tease because we love. This is one mellow melody we can't help but dig.

grammy_5.jpg

"Wow, wow, wow," says guitarist the Edge, feeling, well, "Wow." It's been a great year, he says, "We finished our album...I had a little baby boy. There's also been some really great breakthroughs in science...disposable [cell phones], the three-blade razor and now the female Orgasmatron."

photo13.jpg

Gah...that was lovely. What will they wear this year? What will they say? How many awards will they win? What will they perform?
Will Edge talk? Will he bring a female orgasmatron? Will Larry look hotter? Will Adam be wearing THE PANTS? Will Bono wear another hippie shirt? *breath* What do you think? Post pictures, thoughts, memories, stories!!!!

Here they are at the press confrence learning of their 8 noms!! Yay!!
1563238.jpg

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Foadie:
Will Bono wear another hippie shirt?

Bono, Adam, Larry, and Edge are free to raid my closet WHENEVER they desire...cause I desire them all the time!
wink.gif

I'm really looking forward to their performance this year...and I hope they sweep the Grammys cause they really deserve it!

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD!

------------------
"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

I can't believe it was a year ago. Wow. And I can't believe I forgot it was next week. Wow.
biggrin.gif

Bono looks so happy in the bottom picture... lol

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

I'm expecting lots of awards, more mesh, and hopefully some Larry talking!

biggrin.gif

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

id love to hear adam say....orgasmatron.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by madonna's child:
My Grammy dreams? One word:

MESH!!!

to hell with mesh, he should just go topless

------------------
"You put on the leather pants, the pants start telling you what to do." ~Bono

Originally posted by madonna's child:
My Grammy dreams? One word:

MESH!!!

YES, I believe we were cheated out of full frontal meshness at the Halftime. Hopefully he won't hide behind the podium all 7 times they go up there
smile.gif

------------------
Daisy

I'll be up with the sun
I'm not coming down
I'm not coming down
I'm not coming down

[This message has been edited by daisybean (edited 02-20-2002).]

Originally posted by madamc:
id love to hear adam say....orgasmatron.

OMD, how much would I have one if he actually said that!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"This is very un-hip, you know, having the bleeding heart here...I've a reputation to live down to." -Bono

Originally posted by hippyactress:
OMD, how much would I have one if he actually said that!
biggrin.gif

*Is Scandilized*

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

Originally posted by spinninghead77:
*Is Scandilized*

Sorry, spinny.
biggrin.gif

Guess I just got stuck in a moment
wink.gif
couldn't walk on...thinking of elevation and some "wild honey"
wink.gif

------------------

I didn't watch last year because I was pretty sure they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. (remember? we were firmly ensconced in the era of crap pop, etc.) Thankfully, I have since then gotten the footage and watched it and this year I am meeting up with local U2 fans for a big Grammy/U2 party.
biggrin.gif
*crossing my fingers for our boys*

Are there any other LA fans out there going to scope out the Staples Center on Wed afternoon? I'm going.......... Hopes for spot near red carpet.........

oktobergirl

Originally posted by Kristie:
and from the front!
3337636723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E737%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D323238767%3A%3C%3A4nu0mrj

Edge: ...and the female orgasmatron.. uh, did I say that out loud? *bluussh*
Adam: It's about time he gave me a proper title!
Larry: *snicker*
Bono: *hides*
333763%3A323232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E737%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D323238767%3A%3C%3B6nu0mrj

Hell yeah Kristie!!!!! Adam deserves that title
wink.gif

*sigh* I love that Bono jacket
smile.gif

------------------
ALOTWU!!!!

Originally posted by Kristie:
and from the front!
3337636723232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3235%3E737%3E8%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D323238767%3A%3C%3A4nu0mrj

That's my AIM icon (until I change it of course) and in my profile is my "Ode to the Grammy's" hehe! I'm excited. I have been reminding my friends EVERY day. They are all hoping Larry will bring back the mesh! (course, I am too) hehe! I'm giddy!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

Originally posted by oktobergirl:
Are there any other LA fans out there going to scope out the Staples Center on Wed afternoon? I'm going.......... Hopes for spot near red carpet.........

oktobergirl

I believe that there are quite a few LA U2 fans scoping out the Staples Center but it sucks that there won't be a red carpet. Oh well, I'm going anyway.

------------------
The interview hadn't even begun..... and suddenly we all noticed something very peculiar: Bono - is - taking - all - his - clothes - off. The white shirt went first, then his black suede boots, his socks, trousers, and briefs (black with white trim, possibly Calvin Klein, probably Marks & Spencer).
"Excuse me but why have you taken your clothes off, Bono?"
"For the same reason," interjected the Edge, answering on Bono's behalf, "that he's the lead singer. Because he's a rampant sex god with a huge ego."
"And a small willy," added Adam.

I'm sooo excited for this. I watched last year's Grammys too, but wasn't that hooked yet on U2. Ah, who knew? I'm sure U2's gonna win. How many, I don't know. For some pathetic reason, I'm nervous for them. LOL... I just probably want so much for them to win a lot of awards!
biggrin.gif

That's right Daisy-here are more Grammy presents for Day 4!
tongue.gif

8.jpg

edge.jpg

1235751.jpg

776569.jpg

U2 LEADS NOMINATIONS FOR GRAMMY AWARDS!!!
(many articles' title
tongue.gif
)

I think Staples was lying. How can they NOT have a red carpet, it makes no sense. It's the Grammy's for goodness sakes.

I think there will be a red carpet and I intend to plant myself next to it!
smile.gif

I remmeber last year thinking U2 would maybe win one award...I could not believe they won all three...

I want them to win all seven this year (remember they are competing against themselves in one category)...but I will be happy with just four or five
biggrin.gif

Gosh...if they won all seven how many would that be all together...17 ???????????

And if any show up in mesh...joan rivers will keel over...hmmmmm...we might be on to something here!
smile.gif

dream wanderer

[This message has been edited by dream wanderer (edited 02-23-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom