Gavin Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~LadyLemon~

I Serve Larry's Stick
What do you all think of Gavin? Do you like his music? I've never heard any of his CDs so I have no clue...but I'm interested.

------------------
"I'm only hanging on, to watch you go down...my love."

Oh, GOD.... Don't even get me started.

His music is amazing. It's some of the best late-night stuff I've ever heard. It's dark, emotional, and sexy.

His voice has got to be one of the sexiest I've ever heard. It's right up there with Bono and Sting. In most of his stuff, it sounds like he's an inch from your ear.

If Mr. MacPhisto lives in anyone besides Bono, it's Gavin.

He's wonderful. Just wonderful.
I'll stop gushing now. :p

------------------
Still not comin' down,
Sunrazor

Wow...sounds great. Any CDs that you would recommend??

------------------

Well, he only has 3... Shag Tobacco is the best place to start, I think, but all of them are good. The Boxer soundtrack is gorgeous as well.

I ordered Adam & Eve a MONTH AGO!!!! ARGH!! >
frown.gif

------------------
Still not comin' down,
Sunrazor

Thanks!

------------------

I posted this very thing about a month ago!!

LOOOOVE THE GAV. Luuuurve him.
smile.gif
smile.gif
Sexiest music around.

I found/downloaded two of his songs, "Angel" and "Little Black Dress" (and from then on I was hooked. Joined the Gavin NG, checked out his website and the Virgin Prunes site as well, ordered his Shag Tobacco CD (you gotta get that one!), and am planning on getting Adam and Eve and...(shoot forgot the title)...plus there's a book on him too. Apparently he's got QUITE a history... <wink>

Bono says not only is Gavin his best friend, but he looks to Gav for inspiration--case in point: Mr. MacPhisto, and all the falsetto singing Bono has done on the last 3-4 albums has been stolen straight from Gavin. Bono said that Gavin is always 10 years ahead of their, and the Prunes were 20 years ahead of *their* time.

Heard from a couple sources that Gavin puts on one hell of a show too...but it can be disturbing to some, as Gav's very much in touch with his...um, sensual side (read: sadomasochistic side) you might say. A pretty interesting guy to say the least...

Originally posted by Discoteque:
it can be disturbing to some, as Gav's very much in touch with his...um, sensual side (read: sadomasochistic side) you might say.

Sadomasochistic? Hmmm....
biggrin.gif

------------------
Still not comin' down.

Love Gav...he's got a very sexy voice and quite an attractive man IMO. Check out http://www.gavinfriday.com and listen to the GavRadio for a taste of some of his music.

Some pics....

At a promotion for Shag Tobacco...
148.jpg

Here he is next to Bono and further on is the lucky lady that got to dance with Larry in the One video.

150.jpg

signing autographs...

91.jpg

Gav pushing around the handsomest piece of luggage I've seen...

69.gif

call me crazy, but to me just the name Gavin is HOT-something about it means it has to belong to a hot guy-maybe just because I'm Irish and I love those names-but Gavin might actually be an English name-whatever-I like it.

OK girls--I've decided to move to Dublin. Look at all the hot men that have come from there!!!!
smile.gif

------------------

If I ever have kids I want to name my son Gavin.
smile.gif

Really, I'd love to move to Dublin and just walk around drooling at all the hotness!!!
tongue.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"Rhythm is the sex of the music."-Bono

*April*

April-I've been to Dublin-and I kept looking for "Larries"-never saw any! but that was quite a few years ago, so hotness factor in Dublin must have gone up since then-I hope you're around here today and read this-cause I've been looking for you -I'm so sorry about last Sat-we were having so much fun "chatting" and it was so rude of me to just drop out like that-what happened was there was a major thunderstorm here, and, I still stayed on-when the lightning was right outside the window, I thought I'd better shut the computer off-and you can tell what was on my mind yesterday-still is-esp on his birthday today! Oh my God-just wait until Larry's in October!

I wish I could be the ham between these two slices of bread:
bo69.jpg

------------------
"A giraffe. Why? 'Cos then you'd meet other giraffes." - Adam
"I believe in love, love and money! I believe in poetry, electricity, cheap cosmetics. I believe in the sky over my head, and the silver shoes beneath my feet. I have a vision! I have a vision! Television!" - The Mirrorball Man
"My real name is Johnny Carson, but I just didn't think that would get me on the show." - Edge in 1981
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." - Larry

Yes! Gavin is so cool! I think he's HOT! Hasn't Bono said that he & Gavin are like 2 sides of the same coin?

A few years ago when Shag Tobacco was just released and Gavin was touring around promoting it here in the U.S., my best friend called me and was like, "OMYGOD! Gavin Friday is performing tonight in Atlanta! Let's Go!" So we got in the car and drove 2 1/2 hours (we were in Alabama)to the Cotton Club in Atlanta. Turns out the dates got mixed up on the info we had and he had been there the NIGHT BEFORE! So, we missed him
frown.gif
But we did get to see a pretty good band that night and the bartender felt so bad about us driving all that way that he gave us some cool Gavin Friday/Shag Tobacco postcards FREE!

Ha! I'm resurrecting this thread! You can't stop me! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Actually, I just wanted to say that I finally got ahold of Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves yesterday, and I order you all to drop whatever it is you're doing and go get it.
Really. It's sexy as hell.

Okay. I'll shut up now.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

"All God wants is a willing heart and for us to call out to him." - Bono

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
April-I've been to Dublin-and I kept looking for "Larries"-never saw any! but that was quite a few years ago, so hotness factor in Dublin must have gone up since then-I hope you're around here today and read this-cause I've been looking for you -I'm so sorry about last Sat-we were having so much fun "chatting" and it was so rude of me to just drop out like that-what happened was there was a major thunderstorm here, and, I still stayed on-when the lightning was right outside the window, I thought I'd better shut the computer off-and you can tell what was on my mind yesterday-still is-esp on his birthday today! Oh my God-just wait until Larry's in October!

Heya, girl! Do you have AIM or yahoo messenger? I'm U2Angel92 on aol, or larrymullenangel on yahoo.
smile.gif
We gotsta talk! Everytime I see a guy with a blond crew cut, I go nuts. LOL

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"A vampire or a victim, it depends on who's around."

-April

Sunrazor, this CD is ON MY LIST!!
wink.gif

I have Shag Tobacco (omg, music to **** to!) and am semi-patiently awaiting Adam and Eve to make a showing in my mailbox, but haven't yet ordered EMKTTHL ...is it as good as Shag??? (and WTF does Shag Tobacco mean anyhoo?)

Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry are just AWESOME but Gavin...whoo baby...he is just one hottie-boomba-lottie!!!

Disco...drooling...mmmm....

Originally posted by Sunrazor:
Actually, I just wanted to say that I finally got ahold of Each Man Kills The Thing He Loves yesterday, and I order you all to drop whatever it is you're doing and go get it.
Really. It's sexy as hell.

Sunrazor, this CD is ON MY LIST!!
wink.gif

I have Shag Tobacco (omg, music to **** to!) and am semi-patiently awaiting Adam and Eve to make a showing in my mailbox, but haven't yet ordered EMKTTHL ...is it as good as Shag??? (and WTF does Shag Tobacco mean anyhoo?)

I ordered that too... a bleedin' MONTH ago. Hasn't shown up yet.
mad.gif

EMKTTHL is every bit as good as Shag. It's... different. It's more cabaret, more tender. It's a quieter, more... romantic album, I think, although it's not all flowers and sunshine. This is Gavin, here.
wink.gif

I would highly recommend it for the late-night hours. (but when else would you listen to this guy?)

Shag tobacco refers to the cigarette that you enjoy after... certain activites.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything." - Fight Club

"Here's where it makes the most sense. You need it so you don't forget. Forget that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside that's yours, that they can't touch. That's the beauty of music. They can't take that away from you." - The Shawshank Redemption

Hey LadyLemon/Sunrazor...guess what I just got in the mail today?? Gavin's "Adam and Eve"! WOO HOO!!!
biggrin.gif

wasnt' crazy about the first couple tunes, but then WOW! Now to hunt down the elusive "Each man kills the thing he loves" AND the Gavin book!

Rumor has it that Gav may (may!) be touring starting in 2002...keep your fingers crossed...and your legs and your toes...
smile.gif

Rumor has it that Gav may (may!) be touring starting in 2002...keep your fingers crossed...and your legs and your toes...
smile.gif

Oh, I HOPE... Besides U2, he's what I'd most like to see live.
I graduate 2002... that would be a great way to close out the High School Years.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom