Gavin and Guggi - pics from last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

*Stormy*

There was an auction in Dublin last night of artwork by Bono, Gavin and Guggi. Sadly Bono did not show up, but his art earned money for charity. Here are the pics of Guggi and Gavin, Bono's two oldest friends.

cards-guggi-friday01.jpg

cards-guggi-friday02.jpg

cards-friday03.jpg

Guggi and his lovely wife
cards-guggi-wife04.jpg

Cool. Why didn't you show up Bono?
frown.gif

This is his joker card he designed and signed that sold for 3500 pounds

cards-bono05.jpg

------------------
~"A little out of touch, little insane, just easier than dealin' with the pain!" ~Soul Asylum, "Runaway Train"

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 04-11-2002).]

Thanks for the pics!
smile.gif

Now, this time Guggi looks good but Gavin is looking a little scary. Can they not get it together?

Bono's card=very cool

------------------
I dig my toes into the sand. The ocean looks like a 1,000 diamonds strewn across a blue plain. I lean against the wind, pretend that I am weightless. And in this moment I am happy... happy.

Love,
Emily

I wish you were here.

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
Emily's Wallpapers

I was thinking the same thing MC...... Gavin is not looking so good.....

But I want to buy Bono art work!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Oh sugar, don't you cry
Oh child, wipe the tears from your eyes
You know I need you to be strong
And the day is as dark as the night is long
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 04-11-2002).]

damn Gav, you can spit watermelon seeds through those teeth!
biggrin.gif
LOL! Apparently, Gavin was ill for most of January or part of Feb, too, so he's still recovering, perhaps that's why he doesn't look so good....however, *I* he looks angelic!
smile.gif

Guggi's wife looks sort of like his sister! They look very much alike.

wish Bono, had been there for the pics as well...

VERY cute pics! *steals*

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 04-11-2002).]

Anyone else seeing a little Elton John here? Or is it just me...and is it just cause it's 2 am and I'm still up? hmm...one of life's mysteries...
cards-guggi-friday01.jpg

------------------
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Yeah, he is looking at bit elton johnish and scary...

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

They mentioned on Gavin's site a while ago that he had back surgery...so maybe he's not feeling like his wonderful purty self lately.

*loveths Gavin*

*loveths Guggi, too, he was in the Virgin Prunes for a while and they were cool and he's Bono's friend and gave him his nickname and stuff, so, you know, whatever. Also, he painted lots of urns. You've gotta love a man who paints urns*

Originally posted by hippyactress:
Anyone else seeing a little Elton John here? Or is it just me...and is it just cause it's 2 am and I'm still up? hmm...one of life's mysteries...
cards-guggi-friday01.jpg

Yes. I think it's the teeth. The glasses and the teeth. Yeah.

Oi.. Gavin looks pretty bad
frown.gif
Hopefully it's because of the surgery and all.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Is it Bono that has written on the card?

I wonder what singer he has in mind holding the lightbulb and lets the world revolve around. LOL

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Is it Bono that has written on the card?

I wonder what singer he has in mind holding the lightbulb and lets the world revolve around. LOL

LOL! It looks like Bono's handwriting, so I assume he wrote it. Plus, I doubt it would sell for 3500 pounds if it wasn't him.

Man... I dunno WHAT you all are talking about!!! That is ONE HOT MOFO GAV PIC! WOoooo! I mean, DIZAMN! BAAABBBY!
*faint*
Gav on his worst day is ten times cuter than most other guys on their best days, and hey, I like the teeth, it's like...rustic charm.

-bluey

... I am wondering why Mr Friday is carrying a purse. Does anyone know?

Gavin's been carrying a purse since at least 1978. He doesn't wear skirts nearly so much anymore, though......

[This message has been edited by Bulow (edited 04-13-2002).]

hummmm, looks like Gavin's been visited by the hair fairy. He was almost bald on top last time I saw a pic of him. Oh well, it looks very good whatever happened, I'll take it, no complaints here. Those curls, yummy!

------------------
When you stop taking chances and stay where you sit you won't live any longer but it'll feel like it!

Back
Top Bottom