Gaaavin Friday.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
awww thanks elevatedmole for trying!! I'm gonna keep lookin! or perhaps at dinner tonight I'll simply ask Gav for a copy, he's sure to have one laying around.

------------------
"They don't even know what it is to be a fan, to truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts."
~ Almost Famous

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 03-11-2002).]

I only got Shag Tobacco 2 days ago and I'm already obsessed with it.
icon35.gif

So.. I have 3 requests. First, I know there are a least a FEW of you in PLEBA who love Gavin Friday. SO, do any of you lovely people have any links to fansites? All I can seem to find is GavinFriday.com and that's it. Second, can anyone tell me what Gavin is up to these days? I know he toured (or is touring?) recently, but any rumours of an album? Third, could any of you be so kind to post some Gavin pics?
biggrin.gif

Thanks girls.
biggrin.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

i have some gavin on my site. he has his own honorary spot. speaking of which I need a good name for it (like i have edge's dimenson) but i dont know what to call it!

and i have some very interesting lyric analysis my partner in crime jennifer and i did.. hopefully i'll put it up there sometime this week!!

(Disco if you read this email me girl! I lost yer addy!)

i'd post some pics but my site is slow from traffic lol!

oh and where did you get Shag Tobacco from??

------------------
"They don't even know what it is to be a fan, to truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts."
~ Almost Famous

U2 Take Me Higher
Macphisto: Try A Taste Of Martini

[This message has been edited by oliveu2cm (edited 03-11-2002).]

Hey elevatedmole-I'm glad you like Shag Tobacco. I had that in my CD walkman on my way to work this morning.

He is one sexy mofo!!!

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

I love Gavin!!! And have been looking for Shag Tobacco for so long now.... but can't seem to find it anywhere..... where did you get yours? Did you order it... cause that's what I'm probably going to have to do.

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
I love Gavin!!! And have been looking for Shag Tobacco for so long now.... but can't seem to find it anywhere..... where did you get yours? Did you order it... cause that's what I'm probably going to have to do.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
oh and where did you get Shag Tobacco from??

I got mine from an absolutely horrid (their music and book selection is awful) store here called Hastings -- they mainly have stores in Texas, I think. They are really bad but amazingly enough, they had all 3 albums for $3.99.
eek.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Don't get your hopes up. I just checked the website (gohastings.com) and they don't even list it. They list the Moulin Rouge soundtrack, Adam'n'Eve (I think), and In The Name of the Father. It even says they can't find it in the out of print search. So, I think the best way to get it is to check a Hastings you can access or just order it somewhere. Sorry guys
frown.gif

------------------

Hey kids, check out Half.com - that's where I got two of my Gavin CDs (Shag Tobacco and Adam n Eve). Both are completely obsessive-worthy, IMHO, elevatedmole...I completely agree with you! There's NO ONE like Gavin (even U2 said he should have won a Meteor award last week). The rarest CD is his first: Each Man Kills the Thing he Loves. I hd to get mine burned from a friend over in Dublin! It has much more of a cabaret flavor to it. I also got boot CDs of a recent performance he did called "Ich Liebe Dich" (I love you in German). amazing stuff, simply AMAZING. Gavin is probably one of the MOST underrated artists on the music scene today! (again, IMHO)

Other than www.gavinfriday.com...I don't know of any other sites...but I have connections, I'll ask around.

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 03-12-2002).]

Originally posted by madonna's child:
What's a good Gavin Friday song to download? I have Angel, it's... um... intresting.

I don't know a lot of songs... but I LOVE these:

Caruso
Little Black Dress
Kitchen Sink Drama
You, Me, and World War III
King of Trash

and with you know who:

In the Name of the Father
Billy Boola
Children of the Revolution

I need to get me some GAVIN!!!!

------------------
You're taking steps that make you feel dizzy
Then you learn to like the way it feels
You hurt yourself you hurt your lover
Then you discover
What you thought was freedom is just greed

Originally posted by madonna's child:
What's a good Gavin Friday song to download? I have Angel, it's... um... intresting.

Angel is one of my favourites.
biggrin.gif
I think Can'tSeeOrBeSeen said all the good ones to hear first.

Now.. I'm going to have to find Each Man Kills the Thing He Loves..
icon24.gif

------------------

From gavinfriday.com
Wednesday, March 13, 2002
? Gavin, who is recovering from back surgery, Maurice, and the Friday/Seezer ensemble will be going into Windmill Lane studio early next month to record Peter and the Wolf as the Irish Hospice Foundation's 2002 project. The cd will be released with an illustrated booklet. In recent years, the IHF has released similar projects to raise money: last year's Art:pack, and before that the Whoseday Book.

Get well soon, Gav!!
smile.gif

------------------
Happy Birthday Adam!!

* U2 Take Me Higher *
The Macphisto Society

Back
Top Bottom