funny thing in german class today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
my friend who sits behind me had "stacy's mom" in her head so i told her to get "vertigo" stuck in her head. so in the middle of class (we weren't really doing anything) we just started belting out the chorus. especially when it came to "i can feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!!! feeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeel!!" it was funny. have y'all been caught singing U2 a-capella in public?

my favourite u2 a-cappela moment was way back in history class in high school. my friend marc was a total stoner, and also the smartest guy in the school. he sat behind me. he was really into pink floyd and zep (and red dwarf, but that's a whole other thread), so i was a little surprised one morning to hear him start singing the words to 'the fly' out of the blue, to no one in particular. we had a U2 bonding moment.

i had my mom singing along to 'lemon' once in the car. :up:

I ended up getting most of my friends at school singing Beautiful Day once. I started humming it and then someone else started singing and it kinda rolled on from there. Other people stared at us, but hey...it's U2, you've gotta sing it at the top of you're voice:dance:

I remember my German class. I got caught singing ISHFWILF to myself during a listening comprehension so i had to go up front and sing it :yikes:

im glad most of the people in that class graduated. I dont have to hear about it anymore :|

Every damn day. Seriously. In/right after Chemistry class, my friends and I just belt out U2 songs...usually Vertigo or Elevation. It's hella fun cuz one person will do the main vocals while the other two or three will do the "Hola!" and "Donde esta!"s, then we all (attempt) to sing the "FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL"...it's...um...something, lol. Then with Elevation...well, we get lots of stares for that. Two boys and a girl singing high pitched "WOOO HOOOO"s very loudly in the middle of class or the middle of the hallway... yep, it gets attention :D Something especially U2ishly awesome happened in my Chemistry class today ... we have this new teacher see, we've had him for like two weeks, and he split us into groups for this project..."Team 1 and Team A." I asked why not Team 1 and Team 2, and he said because then it's like one is better than the other, and being the obsessed fan I am I said "Well how about Team U and team 2?" He kinda looked at me for a second and my friend Charlie put it together for him "U...2." and my teacher goes "U2? They're my favourite band." I was like "...omigosh really?!!?!? I LOVE YOU!!!!!" I hope he didn't get the wrong idea, I'm actually in love with a DIFFERENT teacher... :silent: erm anyway, it was just really cool, 'cause I started talking U2 with him...asked if he had gotten the new album, and he said he hadn't had a chance yet, then I showed him my CD collection (I keep all my U2 CDs with me) and he started talking about a friend of his with over 250 U2 CDs, tons of bootlegs and such... sadly our conversation was cut short buy the fact that he had to actually, y'know, TEACH... :p but I just thought that was so damn cool that one of my teachers likes U2. Now I can talk to him about it everyday :D

Back to the original subject... I tell my friends that there's a U2 song for every occasion, and I prove it too... like one time my friend said "It's cold outside" and I just burst into "It's cold outside, but brightly lit, LET'S GO, LET'S GO, overground...get your head out of the mud baby...put flowers in the mud baby...overground!" She just kinda looked at me blankly :lol: by now though they're used to it, so it's not odd at all that at the mention of a dayglo orange tapdancing alligator, I go "Neon heart, dayglo eyes, a city lit by fireflies, they're advertising in the skies for people like us..." it's just become an accepted fact that I will randomly sing U2. :D

U2democrat said:
my friend who sits behind me had "stacy's mom" in her head so i told her to get "vertigo" stuck in her head. so in the middle of class (we weren't really doing anything) we just started belting out the chorus. especially when it came to "i can feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel!!! feeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeel!!" it was funny. have y'all been caught singing U2 a-capella in public?

Nope, but this one girl in my German class was always listening to headphones and one time she was listening to her tunes while we were taking an exam and all the sudden she starts humming and then singing out loud during the German exam!

Re: Re: funny thing in german class today

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Nope, but this one girl in my German class was always listening to headphones and one time she was listening to her tunes while we were taking an exam and all the sudden she starts humming and then singing out loud during the German exam!

i almost did that once......:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom