Funny story about my mom watching U2 on TV.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
So I got the Unforgettable Fire video collection for my birthday, and I put it in last night. My mom walks in to watch a little bit, and she says to me(very seriously) "Why do they have different people in the band?"
That threw me off, and I kind of gave her a look like "HUH?" I said, "Mom, it's from 1985, they were a little younger back then"

(Can I say HOLY SMOKES!!! Adam could not possibly wear any tighter jeans, and could Larry be any more gorgeous.)

To give my mom credit, I'll share this bit too...we were watching the Boston DVD, and mom saw Larry. She says(in a motherly serious tone) "Oh, I'll take that one home as a foster son." So now everytime I watch anything U2 on TV and Larry is shown, I shout out "Mom!! Your foster child is on!"

LMAO!!!!

Show your mom the bit where Adam shows his nipples off! Sheeeeeeeeeeee's gonna luuuuuuuuuuuurve it!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:
So I got the Unforgettable Fire video collection for my birthday, and I put it in last night. My mom walks in to watch a little bit, and she says to me(very seriously) "Why do they have different people in the band?"
That threw me off, and I kind of gave her a look like "HUH?" I said, "Mom, it's from 1985, they were a little younger back then"

(Can I say HOLY SMOKES!!! Adam could not possibly wear any tighter jeans, and could Larry be any more gorgeous.)

To give my mom credit, I'll share this bit too...we were watching the Boston DVD, and mom saw Larry. She says(in a motherly serious tone) "Oh, I'll take that one home as a foster son." So now everytime I watch anything U2 on TV and Larry is shown, I shout out "Mom!! Your foster child is on!"

LOL....love the 'foster child' comment! you know he is my mother's favorite too! he may be everyone's mums favorite!
biggrin.gif

about the tight jeans!!! ayyyy papi!!!
eek.gif
he looks soooo good in those jeans!

------------------
When you look at the world
What is it that you see?

*+*MaRiA*+*
She is the dreamer....she's imagination

Originally posted by CatDubh:
LMAO!!!!

Show your mom the bit where Adam shows his nipples off! Sheeeeeeeeeeee's gonna luuuuuuuuuuuurve it!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

what?!?!where?!?!in what part?!?!?
i wanna see Cat!!!!

------------------
What is it that you see?

*+*MaRiA*+*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
you know he is my mother's favorite too! he may be everyone's mums favorite!
biggrin.gif

So true!! My mom thinks Larry is handsome, especially a la Zoo with beard! And she HATES! Adam! I have these pics on my bedroom wall and everytime she enters she lets out a deeeeep sigh and telling me that is a pure miracle that I don't have nightmares in that room, because he's so ugly!
frown.gif

They don't know nuttin!!
biggrin.gif

He's wearing the red shirt when he does it. It's when he's getting his picture taken, yummy! Right after Edge explains Adam is "lost in space"
That part and hearing larry sing and act goofy pays for the movie.

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
what?!?!where?!?!in what part?!?!?
i wanna see Cat!!!!

OK! I think it IS the UF video, ask John, I'm always mixing up them
biggrin.gif
But it's the part where Adam is taken to a room to be photographed and he sits on a sofa asking: Should I have this between my legs?

CatDubh, you need to convert your mom! I don't know how the two of you can coexist in the same household. Luckily my mom thinks Adam's pretty hot too, so it's a nice environment.

So true!! My mom thinks Larry is handsome, especially a la Zoo with beard! And she HATES! Adam! I have these pics on my bedroom wall and everytime she enters she lets out a deeeeep sigh and telling me that is a pure miracle that I don't have nightmares in that room, because he's so ugly!
frown.gif

They don't know nuttin!!
biggrin.gif

hey, we seem to have the same dilemma! my mum doesn't understand what it is that I see in Adam! we've been having this discussion for over 15 yrs! everytime she sees him on tv she tells me, "oh, look it's the professor." she says he looks like a university professor! i definitely don't agree....he is too hot for that!

------------------
What is it that you see?

*+*MaRiA*+*

thanks guys! i need to watch my tape again! i can't believe i missed that part!! *hangs head in shame*

------------------
What is it that you see?

*+*MaRiA*+*

frown.gif

They don't know nuttin!!
biggrin.gif

OMG

My mom once went off when I told her how old Bono is. "Are you sure??? He's not!" And kept doing that for a while, getting louder and louder.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton:

Hmmm...Larry as a foster child...then he would be your BROTHER! But not by blood so it's okay! LOL
biggrin.gif

------------------
And your earth moves beneath
Your own dream landscape

You can dream, so dream out loud!

"The way to be optimistic is not to shut your eyes and close your ears." -Bono

Create Light, Create Unity, Create Joy, CREATE PEACE!

Back
Top Bottom