Funny Bono Mentions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who can forget the snippet of Pride in Moulon Rouge??

When Ewan is trying to convince Nicole to love him, he sings a bunch of different songs.. at one point he goes: "In the name of love, one night in the name of love"...

The lyrics are a bit different... but what an awesome movie :)

Originally posted by Catlady

If you like Ewan, check out his "Long Way Round" documentary (he and a friend rode motorcycles around the world for like three months in 2004)...Ewan plays the guitar and sings a beautiful version of "Running to Stand Still" on one of the episodes...

:drool: You've got to be kidding me. Our cable provider never carried Bravo so I still haven't seen it. I know it just came out on DVD. I really hope that's on there.

Originally posted by myfavu2

who can forget the snippet of Pride in Moulon Rouge??

Of course! I can't believe I forgot that one. Moulin Rouge is one of my favorites.

Oh, hi from NC myfavu2! :wave:

I'm really hoping Santa is going to leave "Long Way Round" for me this year.

ebtribeca2.jpg

Last edited:
U2 in the grocery store

~BrightestStar~ said:
Gimore Girls.
Clearly some of the writers are U2 fans, because B and U2 get little mentiones quite a bit.

"No! Lane can't quit the band! She's supposed to become famous and introduce me to Bono!"

~approximate quotation, may have also mentioned something about becoming a groupie. :D :lol:

During Mrs Doubtfire, in the elder' girl's room, if you look closely there is a large ZOOtv Bono/U2 poster on her wall.

It's really funny, but my friend and I were discussing how everytime we are in the grocery story, we hear a U2 song being played! I was at our little tiny town grocery store, pretty late the other night, when I heard Vertigo kick in at the fruits and vegetables area.

:nerd: :reject:

The front page of my local daily had a very funny rundown of the year, from A to Z, with little drawings for each entry. "B" was for Bono, and had a really sweet comic of him as an angel, with wings and a halo (and of course the blue shades and the green hat). Cute! Here's a link. If you squint really hard, you can just make it out.
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/subscribe/index.html

Wow, thanks! How did you do that?
I think most PLEBANS would love to see a bigger version of the whole thing. It's reallly funny and clever!

More predictions, this one from The Age.

Total eclipse of the sun: On March 29, the moon’s umbral shadow begins in Brazil and blacks out the Atlantic, northern Africa and central Asia, ending at sunset in Mongolia. Europe has partial eclipse. Energy stocks soar, Kyoto Protocol ditched, Bono pleads for world calm at U2 concert at Telstra Dome.

Bono's Betty said:
The movie "About A Boy" with Hugh Grant has Zoo Station if I remember corectly. :scratch:

Yep, that's correct! :) Marcus rings the doorbell "with" the music! xD (Bad explanation, I know...)

And in a Gilmore Girls episode Rory talks to Dean about something, can't emember exactly..
Rory: I heard that No Doubt is touring with U2 the next tour.
Dean: ...
Rory: Yeah, I know you're truly disapointed in Bono. :giggle:

not sure if I can post this here, but I found this on the dutch charts top 40 site (radio538)
Bono lust er wel pap van
vrijdag 30 december 2005 16:30

Volgens de voorman van U2 bedrijven hij en zijn vrouw zo vaak mogelijk de liefde en het liefst op de meest uiteenlopende plaatsen. Ook bekende Bono dat hij graag met vrouwen flirt, en het mooie is dat hij altijd wel mooie dames in zijn buurt heeft. Zelfs met zijn eigen dochters zegt hij wel eens te flirten.

English translation:
According to the frontman of U2 he and his wife make love to each other as many times as possible and favor to do that on the most diverged places. Bono also confessed he likes to flirt with women(like we didn't know that yet) and the good part is that there are always some pretty ladies around him. He also said he'd even flirt with his own daughters every now and then.

So Bono is not much of a saint after all.... is it very bad that I lolled terribly after reading this?:whistle: I do have a soundbit of Bono and two english dudes, oh well you should hear for yourselves, how One thign Bono says shuts the Two interviewers in once!:D The Truth about his back problems revealed:

http://s40. .com/d.aspx?id=25Y7CDPKKUUAN3RVXFIPRNSXVE

Bono = witty :D
and also 'just another crank down the pub'
but the hottest, cutest, funniest and sweetest crank that exists! :drool: I wouldn't mind having a pint with him or so... or two... or ten... :rolleyes:

Swingn2thaMusic said:
galeongirl :bow: ...thank you so much for that link! where do you people find this stuff?!

internet :)
I also found a Bono quote about that if he ever wants to retire from RockNRoll, he wants to start a fishpond in wales or kenya.... :confused: sometimes, Bono has these weird things .......

Back
Top Bottom