Funny Bono Mentions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anjarw said:

:yes: they just showed a re-run of gilmore girls here and i thought this was really funny as well

LORELAI: Anyhow, we were in London and we ran into this group of girls who were heading to Ireland to stake out the Clarence Hotel.

LUKE: Why?

LORELAI: Because U2 owns it and Bono hangs out there.

LUKE: Ah. Him again.

LORELAI: So then we jumped on a train and we headed to Ireland - incredibly beautiful, by the way - and we sat in a bar for two days and did nothing but eat soda crackers and funky cheese and he never showed.

LUKE: Que sera.

and later in the same episode:

RORY: I can't believe you made us go to Ireland to stalk Bono.

:wink:

LOL!! I forgot about that one, :lmao:

I have to get those DVDs...

They played Pride in some movie, I've forgotten the name... It wasn't very good, but it had Orlando Bloom in it....

Anyway, like half the movie is this stupid roadtrip, that this stupid lady has put a soundtrack to, but one of the places they went was where MLK got assassinated, so it was relevant.
Hehheh. In the cinema, I yelled out, "Oh my god! That's a U2 song!"

:reject: At least there weren't many people going to see it.

In Sex and the City, Carrie and Burger (the guy that broke up with her on a post it) were annoyed that they weren't "hot" with each other. There is an ending scene where they finally get it together and they are on the bed and her shoe drops off and the music rips into the intro of Even better than the real thing. :up:

I've never watched Alias EVER and the one episode I see there's a love scene done to Bad :drool:

When my radio came on this morning the DJ was talking about the term metrosexual was out and ubersexual was in. He said at the top of ubersexual list was Bono. Was still in a sleep state until I heard the word BONO! so I didn't catch whose list this was. Uber:drool: Also heard on the Rachel Ray wedding think on ET over the weekend--that Bono was her second love. :wink:

anjarw said:
LORELAI: So then we jumped on a train and we headed to Ireland - incredibly beautiful, by the way - and we sat in a bar for two days and did nothing but eat soda crackers and funky cheese and he never showed.

[/B]

*g* I may have done something like that last summer... although I only spent one night hanging around in the Octagon. A couple of friends stayed in Dublin after I'd left and spent I don't know how long outside the studio during the day and in the Octagon at night.

It was while I was waiting for the plan back to London that I found out they weren't even in the country-- that was the day the missing CD story broke!

SimplyConfused said:
Ah yes, they played With Or Without you on The One With The List and The One Where Ross And Rachel Break Up. The list one was on (my sister has all the DVDs and we were watching them) and I heard the start of With Or Without you and instantly knew it was them.

Really?! I don't remember that..

This is from King of The Hill:

One of the characters was so intent on helping someone that the person at the volunteer place said "You have a passion for helping people, that's very Bono of you"

U2Girl1978 said:
This is from King of The Hill:

One of the characters was so intent on helping someone that the person at the volunteer place said "You have a passion for helping people, that's very Bono of you"

That's a fantastic line "very Bono of you" :D

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Also, the other night I was watching an episode of Queer As Folk (the American version). During one scene, Brian and Michael are hanging out/talking. Then I noticed the music in the background. I blurted out "That's U2! Dirty Day!" and I spent the rest of the scene ignoring Brian and Michael's conversation and just trying to listen to the music.

cool! do u remember what episode it was?(I want to go watch it) I'm a little bit of a Queer As Folk nerd, lol have 'em all on DVD

:nerd:

I was watching Ab Fab yesterday and Eddie was reminding Saffie of their trip to Paris on a modeling shoot.

Eddie: Don't you remember darling? We went to Paris. Patsy shot a Corr didn't you Pats?

Patsy: I was aiming for Bono

Also on the Committments the father is looking at the new band that his son has formed and says "Pitty U2 are shitting themselves"

"very Bono of you" should become an oficial new saying!!

oh and anyone seen 3kings (with george clooney, ice cube and.. whoever)

They play In Gods Country in the end :rockon:

Originally posted by a-mole

oh and anyone seen 3kings (with george clooney, ice cube and.. whoever)

They play In Gods Country in the end :rockon:

I was just getting ready to post that. What a nice surprise at the end of that movie. And I must say, "In God's Country" rocks in the theatre.

God, I wish I'd seen Rattle and Hum on the big screen.

Did anyone catch the GIlmore Girls episode about a month ago when Ling's band made a reference to Bono and Chris Martin? I don't remember it word for word but it went something like this "that whiny singer from Coldplay always comparing himself to Bono, he's not even close"

I wish I could remember it, it was so funny.

More obscurely, as it comes from a comedy rather than a movie, but in one of the episodes of the Day Today (one of Chris Morris' shows in the mid nineties), there's a segment called 'Sorted'. It's meant to be a really cool, teen-based arts and crafts show that you'd watch in a Friday afternoon, basically, and in the episode, it teaches kids how to bury their fathers and give them a proper backyard burial. One of the kids has a Zoo TV poster in his room, and it's pretty nice.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Dougal's Joshua Tree poster in the first episode of Father Ted, too. I think it's also in the third, I can't remember.

edit: and not sure why I remember this, but in Four Weddings and a Funeral, doesn't Hugh Grant's character complain that his girlfriend thought U2 was a kind of submarine, or in different wording? Best part of the movie.

Anyone see the special on VH-1 a couple of years ago, the 100 Sexiest Rock Stars? Bono was number 17 I believe. Anyway the comedian Wanda Sykes commented on His Royal Sexiness saying something like:

"I went to a U2 concert two months ago and that man is sexy! They have humanitarian organization tables set up there and a woman asked me if I wanted to join Greenpeace. I told her if Bono say so!":)

Swingn2thaMusic said:
There's a Family Guy movie out (something like the Untold Story of Stewie) and it shows Bono and Peter stranded on an island with Bono not letting Peter eat the food for the "starving children" and as soon as Peter turns his back Bono starts eating the food. i guess it's funnier when you actually see it! :D

I watched that movie just to see that part :wink:,LOL

U2bpbear24 said:

cool! do u remember what episode it was?(I want to go watch it) I'm a little bit of a Queer As Folk nerd, lol have 'em all on DVD

:nerd:

Another QAF fan,cool :) Iam very bummed that it went off the air.

U2Girl1978 said:

Really?! I don't remember that..

Yeah. Rachel found the list and got all angry at Ross. Then Ross called a radio station to request the song. Then he called Monica and Monica turned the radio on. When Rachel heard it, she rang the station, telling them what he did. And they said something along the lines of "Rachel just called, and told us what you did. I don't think we went to play your song anymore!" And I was completely stunned. I mean who turns off U2? Who does that? Only people who belong on asylums and who are NOT fir to run radio stations. (This is where most people say to me "Katie, I think YOU'RE the one who belongs in an asylum...")

Well, i don't know if you'd call this a funny mention, but when I was home on break and watching music videos, the Pussy Cat Dolls new video came on. And for a lot of the video the lead singer is wearing a WAR t-shirt. Ok, so this isn't really a Bono mention. Oh well

SimplyConfused said:

Yeah. Rachel found the list and got all angry at Ross. Then Ross called a radio station to request the song. Then he called Monica and Monica turned the radio on. When Rachel heard it, she rang the station, telling them what he did. And they said something along the lines of "Rachel just called, and told us what you did. I don't think we went to play your song anymore!" And I was completely stunned. I mean who turns off U2? Who does that? Only people who belong on asylums and who are NOT fir to run radio stations. (This is where most people say to me "Katie, I think YOU'RE the one who belongs in an asylum...")

You are not crazy Katie. I would call you a bluecrackhead like me!!:yes: That is a very good thing. I would have let the song play too. Perhaps she did not want an awsome somg like WOWY to be ruined with the memory of a bad break up. That is what I told myself so I would not be totally pissed at her.

Tonight on Everwood Dr. Abbott was at dinner with his mom and her husband and he was trying to explain what was going on with his wife since getting back from Africa...

He said that she was sponsoring a child from Kenya, writing and editorial in the local paper, and expects Bono to show up at the door any minute! :lmao:

smk1379 said:
Tonight on Everwood Dr. Abbott was at dinner with his mom and her husband and he was trying to explain what was going on with his wife since getting back from Africa...

He said that she was sponsoring a child from Kenya, writing and editorial in the local paper, and expects Bono to show up at the door any minute! :lmao:

oh my...lol I can't believe I missed it. I always watch Everwood. favorite show. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom