Funniest U2 related moments......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Truly

The Fly
OK, so we've had a post about dumbest moments, but what about your funniest moments involving U2?

One of mine is when I was in Dublin to see Slane. We'd just got to the guest house we were staying in, and the owner, a guy about 50 something, showed us to our room. He asked us why we'd come and we said we were here to see the U2 concert. Then he started going on about how it was amazing that all the teenage girls still loved Bono considering how old he was. And then he said something like "I don't particularly like U2 myself. I prefer Robbie Williams; at least you can understand what he's saying." I seriously had to try so hard not to laugh. It was so funny, but I guess you had to be there really!

And then there was the time a couple of weeks ago when my brother (who's 12) was in the room when I was watching Zoo TV

Brother: Why is Bono kissing the camera?

Me: I dunno. It's just the kind of thing Bono does.

Brother: If I was the camera man I'd push the other end down when Bono was holding it, and then he'd fly up in the air, across all the audience, hit the wall, and slide down to the floor. And then I'd go "There! That'll teach you to kiss my camera!"

I just have this mental image of Bono flying over the heads of the audience being yelled at by the camera man
biggrin.gif

So what are some of your funny U2 related moments? Give us all a good laugh!

[This message has been edited by Truly (edited 02-04-2002).]

this aint very funny but when we were in Dublin i was talkin to some bloke u2 happened to come up in the convo...and the bloke said aye u2 i love dat Bosco bloke hes cool.....i was reallly confused cus bosco used to be a puppet here and it took me like an hour to realise what the poor guy meant! doh..i felt the need to go back and tell him its BONO NOT bosco but it was too late

oh aye and this guy who is a caretaker @ my school loooks like the edge every morning i kinda giggle and i think he thinks i have a thing for him bwhahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom