Fun girly bellydancing costume post/Pix of Morleigh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
Can you guys please show me some pictures of the bellydancing costumes that Morleigh has used? I have to design a costume for my final in my bellydancing class at school, and I am trying to get ideas...

Also, I am trying to decide between the following 2 color schemes: sheer red and gold (actually not bright gold...more like brassy-gold) or red and black?

Here's some stuff I already bought:

23-1.jpg

c-bcred4.jpg

And some of Morleigh's red and black costume (though not very good quality pix):

f1379

U2zootv2.jpg

I WAS leaning more towards the red/gold...But with the whole Vertigo tour/red-and-black thing goin' on (and because my hair is black), I can't help but ponder the idea of making a red and black costume...maybe even incorporate some little targets or something, who knows? Could that be cool? I think it could...I s'pose I could make both -- red/gold for the final and then finish the red/black over the summer -- but I have NO idea what I would do with the red/black one cuz I'm not really a performer (yet). I mean...I'm not one of those people who would dress up for a concert and take a sign asking Bono to pull me up on stage. It's not a lack of self-confidence thing so much as a pride thing lol...It would feel much too presumptuous.

It WOULD be hella fun, though.

Anyway, I am going for a look that is very similar Morleigh's costume from her live ZooTV performances...not because she's U2's bellydancer so much as I simply really like the look...It's a nice balance between traditional and modern. :)

Last edited:
everytime i see those pics, i just am amazed at how Morleigh used to have the BEST job in the world- she got to seduce bono onstage every night, travel around the world with the hottest band, and then fall in love with the guitar player... wow.

and i'd go for gold- i went to india this past winter, and they really don't wear any black over there! (i think it's bad luck...)

hmmm, come to think of it, i don't know if bellydancers originated in india... perhaps morocco? anyway, wear whatever colors you'd like- i'm sure it'll look fantastic! :)

Last edited:
Apart from bellydancers not usually wearing black (black is more of a western urbane colour), I don't believe black would show up that well on stage. The colour black absorbs light. A little bit of old gold would flash in the lights :up:

Morleigh is awesome! I agree... that had to have been an absolute blast going on the road with them. That was an exciting time for everyone involved. Lucky, lucky, lucky! LOL

Here's one of my favorite pictures of her and Bono on stage... Looks the outfit is a little darker (like the 1st set of photos U2granny posted). Groovy! ;)

groovy.jpg

Morleigh was the choreographer for the Zoo TV tour, and she eventually took over the belly dancer "position" in the show after the first girl backed out. ;)

Oh, and she's also married to The Edge. :wink:

Last edited:
I know a few bellydancers also, but I don't know much about their costuming. I'd go with the gold and red, that's a great combination. In fact, my favorite *Russian* court dress color scheme is red, white, and gold, and the white is only the underdress, the overdress is red and gold. I think I'm biased. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom