Friendship that lasts a lifetime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumn454

War Child
One of the things I really love about Bono is his character. Not only does he still have the same wife after all these years, he still hangs out with his old childhood buddies Guggi and Gavin. He knew them before he knew the members of U2! He and Guggi (Derek Rowans) were friends as little kids! His brother Peter is the 'boy' on the War album cover and he was in some early videos!I read somewhere that Bono, Guggi and Gavin have known each other so long they can communicate in their own 'language' of grunts, dirty looks and hand gestures and the others always understand and laugh!

Of course Bono does his share of jetsetting and cohorting and hobnobbing with his fellow celebrities, but it seems whenever he has spare time, he chooses to spend it with Guggi and Gavin. Why? Because he wants to. Because he cares. Because he never got so jaded he deserted his old buddies. Because that's the kind of guy Bono is, and I love him for it.

Besides, Guggi and Gavin seem like a lot of fun!
wink.gif

I found a thread on EYKIW posted by Cathy about a documentary on the three friends. I never heard about it, I would love to see it.
Here is a pic from it.

166.jpg

Guggi, Gavin and Bono. They've grown up together, shared their lives together, and they'll grow old together. How special.
smile.gif

aaaaaaawwwwwww

now I just want Bono even more
smile.gif

It's good that even though he's been so big in the music biz that he's not on a first name basis with anyone at rehab centers or jails or anything like that. Bono's so nice!!!!! yay!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

You're right, that's a good point! Other than Adam's minor pot incident- no big deal, really- U2 have never had drug problems. They have not gone to jail, rehab, or OD'd or anything like that. How amazing that is when you consider how many rock stars have had serious drug problems!You also never hear about them beating their women or acting like idiots in public places. I don't think any of them even have a DUI! They also haven't broken up the band, they still have the same members. So many stars on Behind the Music end up with money problems, but never U2. They just avoided all that trouble so many famous people end up in. One more reason to be proud of our boys. They are unique individuals in so many ways! I love them!

[This message has been edited by Autumn454 (edited 09-08-2001).]

and heck -- they're all still alive!
smile.gif
can't go wrong with that!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"I'd like to thank you for letting me rub up against you!" ~Bono~

"It's not time to be hip; it's not the time to be groovy; and the time is right to write songs with melodies that you can hear across the road, through the walls" ~Bono~

U2 are so great, I hope more people come to appreciate all that they are, musically and otherwise! We also have to add in Bono's causes and his crusade for debt relief, he's such a kind hearted and caring person!

I have always liked Guggi and Gavin and the stories of The Village when they were young. Yes, it is fantastic they are all still friends and still very special in each other's lives after all these years and all that has gone down in them! Most guys would, and probably have, ditched their old friends when they got rich. Bono didn't do that, and I think that does show good character and what a nice guy he is. I just can't say enough things about Bono, he has it all!

LOVE the pic, it's going right into my collection!
wink.gif

Love this pic of them too, from Flavia's album!
wink.gif
smile.gif

Mr66605.jpg

Look here, Gavin letting Bono drive, how nice!
smile.gif

ZV51554.jpg

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Back
Top Bottom