Freestylin Friday - Low Speed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
9d0ee290.jpg

About Edge from the latest issue of Q (the one magazine I have to buy every month, it really is the best music magazine in the world)...

"It's 1 a.m. when The Edge invites me to hear his version of the album. He appears to have waited for Bono to make himself scarce. He has, he says, compiled it according to mood. As it's playing, he explains the reasoning for placing each song before or after the next in a soft, lilting voice. Then he pulls his ever-present woolen hat over his eyes and sits nodding to himself. There is much of the mad scientist about The Edge. In last month's issue, Q's newest contributor revealed he had computed 39 million possible running orders for the new U2 album (reflecting on this, Bono notes, 'Girls tend to make the best DJs and, let's be honest, The Edge is a girl with a moustache'). He drives a second-hand BMW, which he keeps strictly to the speed limit."

Then there's also this bit about the song "Original of the Species":

Edge: "The last time I cried was listening to that song. It was a song Bono started on the last record about my daughter Holly. He's her godfather. The lyric become more universal. About being young and full of doubt about yourself. He probably won't agree, but I think it has connotations for Bono, looking back to when he was 20."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom