Freestylin' Friday - Late Lowspeed Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
345%3B6%3C%3A%3B3%7Ffp338%3Enu%3D3237%3E686%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D323349%3A6%3C455%3Bnu0mrj

kellyahern said:

:ohmy:
I don't think I've seen that one before :hyper:

Neither had I. Someone posted it on LJ and they said it was from when U2 opened up for Thin Lizzy at Slane. :up: I wish there were more pics of that.

bearleft said:
Totally unrelated: General Gripweed, is your name a reference to "How I Won the War"? I think John Lennon's character was Private Gripweed.

SimplyConfused said:

I remember her explaining her name. Yeah, she got it from a Beatles movie, and she couldn't remember if it was Private, General or whatever, so she chose General. Am I right? :D

You're both correct!! :applaud: I've never seen the movie before, and at the time I created the name, I obviously was too lazy to find out that it IS Private Gripweed, and by the time I realized that I was wrong, my name was already established. So General Gripweed it is. :D

While I'm posting...
I am in search of my aviatar picture. Does anyone have a bigger/fuller picture version?

popedddge.jpg

The closest (bigger one) that I have is this.

edgepop.jpg

I love that picture. :drool:

Edgette said:
It's an excellent movie. You should try and see if you can hunt it down somewhere. Lennon is classic in it. :up:

I really should. I've only seen Help! and A Hard Day's Night. I feel ashamed to say I'm a Beatles fan... :wink:

Sheesh, I forgot Yellow Submarine! That's the Beatle's movie I've probably watched the most. It's in our library, and I rented it every week one summer and watched it at least twice in that timeframe until I finally got around to buying it.

Last edited:
GeneralGripweed said:

I really should. I've only seen Help! and A Hard Day's Night. I feel ashamed to say I'm a Beatles fan... :wink:

Sheesh, I forgot Yellow Submarine! That's the Beatle's movie I've probably watched the most. It's in our library, and I rented it every week one summer and watched it at least twice in that timeframe until I finally got around to buying it.

Magical Mystery Tour is... entertaining. It's certainly got its moments but sheesh. :) I Am the Walrus is great. (Isn't that what Bono sings in that new film?)

Another good one, though cheesy, is McCartney's Give My Regards to Broad Street. Really cheesy, but I always liked it.

I used to watch Help! almost weekly when I was little. And it was standard fare when I was out sick from school.

Edited because I misspelled "its" :reject:

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

My very first thought when I saw this was "Oh what a beautiful morning..." despite the fact it looks like nighttime.

Or your Broadway tune of choice.

Yeah.

arw9797, where is your sig from?

bearleft said:

Magical Mystery Tour is... entertaining. It's certainly got its moments but sheesh. :) I Am the Walrus is great. (Isn't that what Bono sings in that new film?)

Another good one, though cheesy, is McCartney's Give My Regards to Broad Street. Really cheesy, but I always liked it.

I used to watch Help! almost weekly when I was little. And it was standard fare when I was out sick from school.

Edited because I misspelled "its" :reject:

Broadstreet is classic despite the cheesy factor. I like the part where Paul's busking on the street corner and the passer-bys are actually giving him money. Apparently they didn't use extras and no one that walked past realized who he was. :lmao:

Edgette said:

Broadstreet is classic despite the cheesy factor. I like the part where Paul's busking on the street corner and the passer-bys are actually giving him money. Apparently they didn't use extras and no one that walked past realized who he was. :lmao:

I've been DYING to see it. I can't get ahold of it yet, as I just blew all of my money on a guitar. I'll get it eventually.

Either way, you gotta love Paul. He's always been my favorite. :love:

These were posted by echoboom on LiveJournal. They were taken this past Friday at the Guitar Center in Hollywood. Edge was there for a Music Rising guitar signing. :up:

93222154_c54b61469e.jpg

Edge and echoboom

93222083_9e3c24c780.jpg

93222067_2ad062a1bb.jpg

With a New Orleans artist

93222055_e8b8b7c7ae.jpg

93222032_66c83ae7d8.jpg

Edgette said:
These were posted by echoboom on LiveJournal. They were taken this past Friday at the Guitar Center in Hollywood. Edge was there for a Music Rising guitar signing. :up:

93222154_c54b61469e.jpg

Edge and echoboom

93222083_9e3c24c780.jpg

93222067_2ad062a1bb.jpg

With a New Orleans artist

93222055_e8b8b7c7ae.jpg

93222032_66c83ae7d8.jpg

:love: Thank you!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom