Freestylin' Friday: All Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edgerobe.jpg

edge87_oj.jpg

JtEdge_calendar_face.jpg

3070bf35.jpg

2b54f97a.jpg

From the news forum (u2.com)-

news_070504_yokoedge2.jpg

news_070504_yokoedge3.jpg

news_070504_yokoedge1.jpg

Edge and Yoko For Amnesty

Edge introduced Yoko Ono last night, to open 'In the time of shaking' at the Irish Museum of Modern Art.

Edge, who has supported Amnesty with U2 for 20 years, recalled attending the opening of the first Amnesty Irish offices in Shaw Street in Dublin in 1984.

'I'm proud of the way Ireland and Irish people have supported Amnesty ever since then.' he said, 'I'm also particularly pleased that this Irish initiative is spear-heading what will hopefully become a series of similar art exhibitions around the world that will raise money for Amnesty.'

Edge then introduced Yoko Ono to officially open the exhibition. Another long time Amnesty supporter, two years ago, acting on a suggestion made by Irish actor Gabriel Byrne, Yoko gave Amnesty International the rights to use John Lennon's song "Imagine" in a campaign for human rights.

Speaking about her visit to Ireland and about her late husband, she said "I am proud, pleased and happy to be here in Dublin today to open this wonderful exhibition which not only helps generate the support Amnesty needs but is providing a fund-raising model which we can use around the world. 'John was very conscious of his Irish background. He was extremely proud of being Liverpool Irish, which gave him a sense of rebellion and inspired his poetry. I really think that his poetry definitely came from his Liverpool Irish heritage - tradition, beauty, sense of humour and word play all being strong Irish qualities.'

Later in the evening, Yoko took Edge up on his invitation to drop by U2's recording studio and meet the rest of the band.

Even before last night's official opening, 'In The Time of Shaking' has raised more than half a million euro's for Amnesty International.

The launch was attended by over 1000 people including band friends like Gavin Friday and Guggi, whose work is featured in the show.

'There is a synergy between art and Amnesty International.' explained Amnesty International, Secretary General Irene Khan. 'Artists the world over have been supported by Amnesty when their rights were abused and support us in return as an expression of their commitment to truth through human rights.
'Art exposes truth and the sale of this work will go towards exposing the truth behind the most hidden human rights atrocity of our time ? violence against women'.

Edgespet said:
edgerobe.jpg

From where is that pic?
well here's the setlist I can see on the pic:

Streets
haven't found
Gloria
Follow
Bullet
???
Exit
God's country
Homecoming
Sunday
Maggie???
Bad
October
???
???
Pride
AO???

Where the Streets have no name
I still haven't found found what I'm looking for
Gloria
I Will Follow
Bullet The Blue Sky
???
Exit
In God's country
A Sort of Homecoming
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Maggie??? (possibly Maggies farm?)
Bad
October
???
???
Pride (In the name of love)
AO??? (Angel of Harlem?)

Which songs are the rest?

does anyone have this picture in a larger size? I know when I first found this it was huge and I made my copy of it smaller. :shifty: Actually any really big pictures of Edge too.....but for sure this one. :)

33%3A6%3B84%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323379%3A83394ot1lsi

dsmith2904 said:
These girls met Edge and Adam earlier this week. I don't know how they'd feel about me posting their pics here so instead I'm linking to their story (thanks Regina for sending it to me). Me, very jealous, very, very, very, very, very jealous. Note to self, play it cool when meeting Edge (yeah right!)...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mrs_macphisto/231775.html

That was great :lmao: Thanks for posting the link, I love the sheep! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom