Freestylin' Friday!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bearleft said:

Oh, I know the gallery was this year. I was actually referring to the JT-era Edge photo behind current-Edge. But thanks. :wink:

And Good Lord, I need to get to bed.
you mean like these?
=)
corbijn05expo13.jpg

corbijn05expo4.jpg

corbijn05expoedge2.jpg

corbijn05expoedge.jpg

corbijn05expo12.jpg

corbijn05expo8.jpg

corbijn05expo7.jpg

tuwie said:

you mean like these?
=)
corbijn05expo13.jpg

corbijn05expo4.jpg

corbijn05expoedge2.jpg

corbijn05expoedge.jpg

corbijn05expo12.jpg

corbijn05expo8.jpg

corbijn05expo7.jpg

:drool:

That's just wrong to do that to a person. ;) :bow:

But still, I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the black & white photo that's behind the boys. Anyone? Bueller?

I love how Bono is studying the photo in that last one.

bearleft said:

:drool:

That's just wrong to do that to a person. ;) :bow:

But still, I'm wondering if anyone has a copy of the black & white photo that's behind the boys. Anyone? Bueller?

I love how Bono is studying the photo in that last one.

I don't think it was ever released. I had never seen it until the exhibit. There's a similar one that was in the Captive soundtrack cd insert....

I know there's a full page version of the same picture in Anton Corbijn's U2 & I book, but I don't have the scan. Perhaps someone else does?

I just got the book for Christmas and haven't even gotten past Joshua Tree era!!:drool:

Yeah, I don't want to either. I know there are scans floating around somewhere, but I don't know if it's of that particular picture. I hope someone can help, because now I want it!:wink:

arw9797 said:

I don't think it was ever released. I had never seen it until the exhibit. There's a similar one that was in the Captive soundtrack cd insert....

Hmmm, I think I've actually got that on LP somewhere. I'll have to see if I can track it down. Thanks.

an_cat said:
I just got the book for Christmas and haven't even gotten past Joshua Tree era!!:drool:

Yeah, I don't want to either. I know there are scans floating around somewhere, but I don't know if it's of that particular picture. I hope someone can help, because now I want it!:wink:

Oh good, something else to look forward to. :drool: I wondered if it was in there. That's probably going to be my birthday present to me.

BonoFox1 said:

This is exactly why I love this guy.

Look at the body language: hands in pockets, shoulders a bit slumped inward, shoes at an awkward angle... it's like, "ah gee, you don't really want a picture of me, do you? I can't imagine why anyone would be interested in boring old me, I just play a little guitar now and then..."

The honest humility of such a musical genius slays me.

:heart: :edge: :heart:

:bow:

an_cat said:
My favorite 2 pictures of all of '05:

10.jpg

:hmm: Could it be I love them so, because I took them myself? :wink:

What a year!
Thanks so much for posting that picture; I'm the girl in the black handing Edge the CD cover. I'd never seen it before! *right-click-save*

Here's one my friend took at a concert, that's my favorite Edge photo of the year:

11.jpg

alainn-la said:

Thanks so much for posting that picture; I'm the girl in the black handing Edge the CD cover. I'd never seen it before! *right-click-save*

I have a few more pictures with you in them, then!

I hope I'm not intruding on anything if I post them here.

13.jpg

14.jpg

I don't directly see you in this, but maybe he's signing something of yours when I took this:wink:

EDIT: By the way, I see you're from Rhode Island! So am I! What part of the state?

(What's sort of a coincidence about this is a lot of people who I've shown that particular Edge picture to ask me if I'm you... Weird!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom