Formal request to WildHonee...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Scarlet*

The Fly
My dear, I have an important request for you...yes, for you, because ou're the Ambassador of LEATHER...
You know, I'm soooo happy for being part of LEATHER...it's the right club for me...
smile.gif
...so, I want to collaborate...I explain you how.
I study foreign languages at the University, this is my first year, so, I thought...Can I be the official interpreter of LEATHER? Here in PLEBA there are girls from several countries, and I will be honorated of being the one that could represent all these cultures in honour of Bono. And, in this way, I will do a good excercise for my languages. What do you think about it? Do I deserve this place of respnsibility?
smile.gif

Let me know, Ambassador!

With respect
smile.gif
*Scarlet*

what languages do you study?
I study languages too
smile.gif

------------------
"The goal is elevation"
"Midnight is when the day begins"

I'll soon start university, and I will study english, french and spanish...
You know, I study english from when I was 5 or 6 years old, and I study french from 5 years. Spanish will be my new language...Let's hope all will be good;-)

cool!!! I speak French and English, I have been studying Spanish for 3 years and I just started German!!
it's sooo cool!! we'll speak together if you want!
Any others who speak Spanish, or German?

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

Ok, I'll be glad to talk with you! You know...today is born the OFFICIAL TRANSLATION FOUNDATION FOR LEATHER!
smile.gif

P.S. I also speak italian...this is my mother language, I live in Italy
smile.gif

Originally posted by *Scarlet*:

P.S. I also speak italian...this is my mother language, I live in Italy
smile.gif
I'm so jealous!!!
some of my family is from Italy, that was a long time ago... never been there. All i can say in Italian is pomodoro, lmao.
You're quite lucky!
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

[This message has been edited by Stafana (edited 09-27-2001).]

If you want, I'll teach you something else about italian
smile.gif

For exemple...I'll write "PLEBA GIRLS ARE BEST"----------------->> LE RAGAZZE DI PLEBA SONO LE MIGLIORI!!

Here you are
smile.gif

Sorry! I had to get my schoolin for the day! Then play practice. I'M A VENTRILOQUIST among other things
biggrin.gif
I'm so happy!!!!!!

Also, Scarlet--
you have my royal permission to be interpreter! *bestows sash and camo hat and merit badges upon thee*

You can explain tamales to ppl!

I hope you do a better job at speaking Irish than I do. When I try to talk like an Irish person I sound like a pirate
biggrin.gif

Can my *position* (shut up) in the Leather Club go on my college resume?!
wink.gif

YOU ARE THE ROYAL KITE OF LANGUAGE

lol that's an OFFICIAL title. Don't abuse it. Kite being a metaphor for flying around and seeing diff countries like England with Mary Poppins let's go fly a kite and learning about the countries. Thank You
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
Bono Representative of the Ambassadorship of the World for L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

YOU-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Thank you, WildHonee, I waited and waited for your answer, I was anxious to know your response! I'm so honorated of being the "Kite" of L.E.A.T.H.E.R....I'll do my work at best!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------
*Scarlet*
The Royal Kite Of Language For L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

Originally posted by *Scarlet*:
YOU-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Thank you, WildHonee, I waited and waited for your answer, I was anxious to know your response! I'm so honorated of being the "Kite" of L.E.A.T.H.E.R....I'll do my work at best!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

....."honorated?" *runs to get a dictionary*

....any other applicants who DON'T make up words?!

biggrin.gif
lol jk
biggrin.gif
Congratulations
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Bono doesn't often sing without the shades. When he does, you know he means Business." ~Matt McGee~

"What you don't have, you don't need it now. What you don't know, you can feel it somehow."~U2~

Originally posted by Stafana:
cool!!! I speak French and English, I have been studying Spanish for 3 years and I just started German!!
it's sooo cool!! we'll speak together if you want!
Any others who speak Spanish, or German?

french is my mother tongue, english my second language...italian my 3rd lol..and
im just starting to learn german and russian..and i know a bit of irish

stafana, wie geht's?

------------------
"What fish don't know"--Marshall McLuhan

http://www.envy.nu/u2webring/u2.htm

http://pussygalore.blogspot.com

gut, danke! und du?
smile.gif
(this is so cool)

------------------
"The goal is elevation"

Oh, yeah???

How bout something in Spanish like :

Bono es el rockero mas sexy y camaleonico que existe y existira!

Who can translate that???
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Bono & I: We shine like a burning star, we're falling from the sky... Tonight"

Eat your heart out, gals! (LMAO)

Originally posted by Scarlet Hawkmoon:
Oh, yeah???

How bout something in Spanish like :

Bono es el rockero mas sexy y camaleonico que existe y existira!

Who can translate that???
rolleyes.gif

Something like:
Bono is the sexiest rocker who exist and has ever existed.

Don't really know 'camaleonico' though.

My first language is Swedish, second english which is a primary subject in school from you are ten years old. At university most books are in english and even the classes are held in english sometimes. So, you?d better learn or you?re out. My third is german, I was good when I graduated but haven't read it in six years so now I suck. Then I've tried to learn some spanish on my own.
If someone asks me what languages I speak I only say swedish and english though.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Miami, New Orleans, London, Belfast and Stockholm, YEAH! " ~ Bono in Stay, Sthlm 9th july 2001

Originally posted by MissZooropa:

Don't really know 'camaleonico' though.

is it camoflagied?!

------------------
~*Mona*~

Wow- I am impressed with the Bi-lingual talents of these people!

I alas have no such skills!
I can speak excellent English!- just like the Queen... (the language of my people)
And vague French, very vague...

My only redeeming feature is that I do a mean Irish accent- (and an awfully proper English one!) Hmmmmm

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:
My only redeeming feature is that I do a mean Irish accent-
lol my Irish accent sounds like a pirate
biggrin.gif

Ay!

------------------
~*Mona*~

Originally posted by Macphisto_esq:
Arrrrr, Jim M'lad.... etc....

lol this is me:

"Ay I went to Ireland and went to the pub and
had me a pint aaayyyy"

------------------
~*Mona*~

Wow, this is great!

I am Italian but live in the US.
My first languages are French and Italian (raised bilingual as a baby, attended French schools and American universities --currently in grad school in CA) but I also speak Spanish and German (M.A. in German).

And last but not least: Quebecquois!

Back
Top Bottom