For those in the UK, U2 weekend on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
Maybe this is old news but for those of you who have access to this channel:

Channel 4 in the UK is hosting a special U2 week, including a U2 Weekend' on December 2nd and 3rd.

http://www.channel4.com/music/ontv/U/U2/

http://www.channel4.com/dontmiss/

Channel 4 will be showing an amazing run of shows dedicated U2 from Saturday 25th November, culminating in a mammoth U2 weekend on the 2nd and 3rd December. The programmes will be shown across the entire C4 network including Channel 4, E4 and More 4 to tie in with the bands release of the U2 18 Singles Greatest Hits album.

Channel 4 will be showing a selection of shows which will include an exclusive TV interview with the band, music videos and coverage from The U2 Vertigo and Zoo tours

.Channel 4:

2nd December - Plus Nothing But...U2, a 60 minute special at 12:00.
3rd December - U2: Zoo Tour a further 60 minute special to be shown at 23.45
3rd December - U2: Live In Milan, The worldwide premiere on TV of the bands amazing concert in Milan as part of the Vertigo//05 tour on T4 at 13.55
3rd December - Exclusive U2 on T4. The full band join June Sarpong in their first and only TV interview on UK TV for over 2 years for a 45 minute show which includes an interview to be shown at 15.05 (directly after U2 Live in Milan)

E4:

2nd December - A 90 minute Nothing But U2 zone which will show back to back U2 videos on E4 Music (to be repeated on w/c 4th December on E4 Music)
2nd December - A 60 minute We Love U2 zone in which celebrity fans nominate and explain their favourite U2 videos
3rd December - A 2 hour We Support U2 zone on E4 Music, which will show all the artists who’ve supported U2 on tour such as Green Day, The Killers etc.
3rd December - E4 will show a repeat of the U2 Vertigo Tour at 15.00
Throughout the weekend of 2nd and 3rd December there will also be U2 videos playing amongst the playlist videos

More 4:
1st December - Age of AIDS will be repeated on World AIDS Day.
4th December - A Day In The Life Of The Edge will also be shown at 01.10am

Bummer the US doesn't have a U2 weekend too.

thankyou said:

2nd December - A 60 minute We Love U2 zone in which celebrity fans nominate and explain their favourite U2 videos

Indeed. some of them clearly have no idea what they're talking about :tsk:

also right now, the'yre showing a different Discotheque? :ohmy: :huh:

ETA: :lol: this video is hilarious!!! :lmao: looks like some fan made you would see on you tube

Last edited:
What a brilliant interview!!!! :drool:

The boys just looked so extremely, gorgeous!! :drool: :combust:
It was just faintworthy!! :faint:

:drool:

They went to June Sarpong's (the interviewer) house for the interview! :ohmy: I couldn't even imagine having one of them 'round! :shocked:

Actually, maybe I could.... :shifty:

Last edited:
^ was i hearing things, or did she say Larry MULLINS?? :hmm:

also during the interview, Edge mentioned about playing with 40 piece orcastra and something about George Hamilton in London.
don't know if it has anything related to new album or what :hmm:

are all these films considered official and not to be seen on Torrents?

I was trying to take shots of the screen while it was on but, that was with my Samsung D500 mobile phone..... nuff said. :|

As for the ''Larry Mullins'' thing, :hmm: ..... I wouldn't know, because I was kind of gazed by their appearences, ( especially Bono :wink: :drool: :combust: :drool: :combust: :drool: ) He just looked absolutely GEORGEOUS! :hug: :love:

http://www.u2torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=2497

U2 Weekend
C4 2-3rd December 2006

1. U2 T4 Special

Broadcast:- C4 15.00-15.50 03-12-2006

June Sarpong chats with all four members of U2 about their new album U2 18 Singles, as well as discussing a range of subjects including their career highs and lows, insecurity and which one of the band has the biggest ego.

Lineage: UK DVB > Hauppauge HVR-1300 > WinTV > TMPGEnc Plus Demux/Mux Tools > TMPGEnc DVD Author > DVD PAL (MPEG-2 16:9 704x576 25fps, Layer-2 48000Hz 192kbps)

35m37s

2. A Day In The Life Of The Edge

Broadcast: C4 01.25-01.55 03-12-2006

An intimate, fly-on-the-wall documentary getting up close and personal with the U2 guitarist.

Lineage: NTL Cable > ATI AIW 9800 + SB Live > ATI MMC 8Mbps MPG2 > TMPGEnc DVD Author > DVD PAL (MPEG-2 16:9 720x576 25fps, Layer-2 48000Hz 384kbps)

33m52s

Track menu with chapters

U2_weekend_2006_menu.jpg

:wave:

Last edited:
Amazing programme :applaud: :rockon:

I wondered where they were - that was her house? :shocked: i must not have quite heard that! :ohmy: what a living room to have :love: it was a gorgeous room! :yes:

It was a lovely and funny chat she had with them and Bono was delectable as ever!!!! Oh there was one point early on in the interview when Bono gave this v sexy look over to Larry&then i'm like :faint: i wonder if anyone noticed that look?! Too much sexiness Bono! :sexywink:

One of the funniest parts was when she asked so who's got the biggest ego, and they're all going hmmmm i wonder while looking around at Bono!!! :lmao: haha, good one!

I just saw the interview.. :combust: Wow, they looked gorgeous, they were in a good mood and even Adam did some talking :wink:
I've made a few screencaps. I know there are people here who know how to do this much better, but just to give you an idea :

ch41ow6.jpg

ch45du8.jpg

ch46yv3.jpg

ch421qy2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom