For all you teenage lovers of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Another U2 nut!

Acrobat
And there are quite a few of you I'm happy to say-CONGRATULATIONS on not going for all the girly pretty boy types your contemporaries are into, or those hip hop nobodies, and liking a REAL MAN!!!!!:bono: :drool:

When I was your age, all the teen girls liked Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio. Y'know, poofy guys.
But Bono is good ol' classic quality. Dig in!

beau2ifulday said:
I've always been attracted to older men... U2 fit that bill nicely, so it works out well for me - great music and, erm, two attractive men to look at at the same time...

Another U2 nut! said:
Bono and Larry right? But what about The Edge?

Bono and Adam, actually. I love Edge, but in a 'dear god, he's so cute' way, as opposed to being attracted to him.

Sorry about that above post, by the way... not sure what happened there.

Thanks! :D
I don't feel alone in liking a man that's 28 yrs older than me when I come to PLEBA.
You all give me a sense of belonging that none of my punk-pop loving friends could.
:heart: :heart:

Heh, well, I'm 20 now, but when I first started finding Bono really attractive, I was 17, so...

Seriously, I made a list one time of all the celebrities I like, and most of them are 20+ years older than me. I guess it's due to the fact that they're more mature and worldly and everything. There's a few younger guys I like, but not many (and even the younger guys I like act mature for their age!).

As far as the pretty boy bit...bah, pretty boys aren't my thing, anyway, be they older or younger. Justin Timberlake is only, what, 3, 4 years older than me, but I'll never understand why girls fall all over him (no offense to anyone out there who may happen to like him, though). Bono, on the other hand, I do understand why he's got a nice female fan base (hell, I'm part of that fan base myself).

Anywho, yeah, here's to the other young girls who like Bono (or Edge or Adam or Larry, who, I must admit, have all gotten my attention at one time or another, too-I can see why women like those three as well). It's really nice to know that I'm not alone in regards to this kind of a crush :hug: :heart:.

Angela

23 now but like Bono since I was 13,I got alot of stick at school for liking an older man and not boyzone:wink:

I'm 16, been in love with Bono since I was 12 (yes 12)... I think all four of the guys of U2 are sexy as hell, but Bono is in a league of his own :D then again I have a thing for older men. All of my major crushes, whether people I know or celebrities, are much older than me...as in, my dad's age x_X I can't help it if all my teachers are so HOT, man...one of 'em has Bono's eyes I swear, same body type, similar face (not to mention he's funny and nice and all that good stuff)...and my Chemistry teacher, actually he's YOUNG by my standards (like 28 maybe) but I do like him very much because of his favourite band... :wink: and it doesn't hurt that he's cute.

I know. I'm crazy. I'm going to get myself in legal trouble :laugh: but I can't help it, I don't TRY to get attracted to older men, I just AM... I think maybe Bono set a certain standard for me :wink:

im attracted to older dudes too. im 16 and AtomicBono im sooo feeling you on the teacher thing. i love bono and have scince i was 13. yeah i think its a disease or something

Now there IS a disease called Bonoholism. I suggest you cope with it the best way you can.
There are people complaining that in PLEBA that there are far too many Bonoholics, that we should shut the F up, etc.
Bonoholism works in phases. The first phase is dangerous, almost bordering on the edge of psychotic pandemonium. It's where we look at Bono as an illustration of perfection, of pure sexiness, near to God...etc. I have spent many years in that phases, stuck. But trust me, it was wonderful!
It took me many years to get to this phase where I stop drawing the lovely illustrations of me marrying Bono in my head...and start to respect Bono as an artist, as someone I DO NOT know, or will EVER know. My sexual fantasies ceased to exist. Believe it or not.
But I still am a fan of U2 and especially Bono. I just don't paste his photo on every article of clothing, book, etc.
It took me 12 years to get to this stage and while I thoroughly enjoyed loving and adoring Bono, I was lucky enough to have family and friends let me have my fun without complaints and rude comments.
I suggest the non-Bonoholics to tone it down a bit and have some patience. If you see a thread called Bono dipped in chocolate, be like me (a Bonoholic in recovery) and avoid it. If there is a thread with a provocative line in it, choose the next thread. Chances are with the provocative thread titling comes provocative posts.

Only a reminder that this is a disease, not a choice, and it takes a lot of work and time to get through it. Thank you for your understanding, time, and patience.

It takes 12 steps...:wink:

:lol: ^^^^.

AtomicBono said:
I'm 16, been in love with Bono since I was 12 (yes 12)... I think all four of the guys of U2 are sexy as hell, but Bono is in a league of his own :D then again I have a thing for older men. All of my major crushes, whether people I know or celebrities, are much older than me...as in, my dad's age x_X

I know. That makes my crushes a little weird, the fact that they're all around my dad's age, but yet I still love 'em.

Originally posted by AtomicBono
I can't help it if all my teachers are so HOT, man...one of 'em has Bono's eyes I swear, same body type, similar face (not to mention he's funny and nice and all that good stuff)...and my Chemistry teacher, actually he's YOUNG by my standards (like 28 maybe) but I do like him very much because of his favourite band... :wink: and it doesn't hurt that he's cute.

*Pouts*...how come there aren't any guys where I live that look like Bono? Grrr...

I have had a crush on a teacher before, though...my sixth-grade science teacher. He had short, curly red hair, and he was a really cool teacher and everything...

Yeah.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

*Pouts*...how come there aren't any guys where I live that look like Bono? Grrr...

well y'know, if I showed you a picture of him you might be like "what? he don't look like no Bono!" but I was with him two hours almost everyday last year (double period of humanities :drool: and again next year, YES!) and if you're around him you'd understand... certain facial expressions make me go "holy crap it's BONO!" and now sometimes I look at pictures of Bono and I'm like "he looks like my teacher!" :laugh:

Bonoholism...yeah it's a disease and yeah I have it, but I don't wanna get over it, damnit! :D I don't think of Bono as someone I'll never know...I feel like I already know him in a way (I know I don't, but you know what I mean?) and I am CONVINCED I will meet him... jus' waiting for the day, man. I'm still waiting for the dawn...

BTW, just wanted to say I'm glad to know I'm not the only teenager madly in love with Bono... my friends are all like "he's OLD!" :rolleyes: they just don't GET IT, man...

I'm 18 and started finding bono attractive when i was 13. I remember watching the premiere of the Beautiful Day video and my eyes bugging out of my head like this: :eek: I was like, "THAT'S the dude my sister was so obsessed with in the late 80s early 90s?!?!?! woo!!! it must run in the family!!!" and it does. my niece's first song she started dancing to was Vertigo. (she's 9 months). Bono swoons girls of all ages!!!!!!! :wink:

AtomicBono said:
well y'know, if I showed you a picture of him you might be like "what? he don't look like no Bono!" but I was with him two hours almost everyday last year (double period of humanities :drool: and again next year, YES!) and if you're around him you'd understand... certain facial expressions make me go "holy crap it's BONO!" and now sometimes I look at pictures of Bono and I'm like "he looks like my teacher!" :laugh:

Heh, well, I can understand that...I knew a guy when I was in 11th grade who didn't look like Bono, but some of his mannerisms, the kinds of beliefs he held, the fact that he was a musician (seeing him come to our poetry meetings after school in an overcoat, strumming his guitar...*Sighs, swoons*...good times, those were...)...at times it made me think of Bono. Every time I see the "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" video, Bono reminds me of that guy.

Originally posted by AtomicBono
Bonoholism...yeah it's a disease and yeah I have it, but I don't wanna get over it, damnit! :D I don't think of Bono as someone I'll never know...I feel like I already know him in a way (I know I don't, but you know what I mean?) and I am CONVINCED I will meet him... jus' waiting for the day, man. I'm still waiting for the dawn...

BTW, just wanted to say I'm glad to know I'm not the only teenager madly in love with Bono... my friends are all like "he's OLD!" :rolleyes: they just don't GET IT, man...

I hear you on every single word there, my friend :yes:.

Also...

Originally posted by U2democrat
Bono swoons girls of all ages!!!!!!!:wink:

Mmhm. I find him attractive 24/7, as you guys all know, but my sister one time saw a picture of him from the late 80s in that denim jacket and the jeans, and she said he looked good there, and my mom thinks he looks good in the "Desire" video and the "Vertigo" video. :D. Even my dad, while he doesn't have a thing for him or anything like that, has said that he can understand why women go for him.

So Bono's won over everyone in my household at one point and time :).

Angela

I think its great that you girls all like u2 as teens make me remember when I was 14-15 and fell in love with Achtung Baby. I believe Bono has even mention he enjoys younger fans getting into u2's music because at 14 is when he got into music. So have a good time with it :)

18 right here...had the disease since i was 12:reject:

Im still stuck in the phase of being totally crazed but hoping for a recovery
I get a lot of crap about loving my bono but its okay. its like getting persecuted or something :laugh:
hes still younger than my dad so Im out of the red zone on that one.
my dad is 54 so.....yeah that makes everything better

u2bonogirl said:
hes still younger than my dad so Im out of the red zone on that one.
my dad is 54 so.....yeah that makes everything better
Oh yes, my dad is also 54. Ha, Bono's even younger than my mom (who cares it's just a six years? :wink: )

So I'm 16, with a crush on B-man since I was 12. Good to see more girls in this situation ;)

I am sitting at my teacher's desk reading this and cracking up. I wonder if any of my students think I am hot? I really hope not! My husband is a high school science teacher and looks a lot like Bono. In fact when our daughter was 2-3yrs old she thought Bono on TV was Daddy! I wonder if any of students think he is hot? Then again my daughter thought grandma was Martha Stewart. I fell for Bono in 1985 when I was 15, goes to show that there are still kids with good taste out there!

faithingrace said:
I am sitting at my teacher's desk reading this and cracking up. I wonder if any of my students think I am hot? I really hope not! My husband is a high school science teacher and looks a lot like Bono. In fact when our daughter was 2-3yrs old she thought Bono on TV was Daddy! I wonder if any of students think he is hot? Then again my daughter thought grandma was Martha Stewart. I fell for Bono in 1985 when I was 15, goes to show that there are still kids with good taste out there!

:lol: people think my german teacher is a dreamboat. i used to have a crush on him but i've had him long enough it seems too awkward. but what sucks for him is when people tell him that their MOMS think he's hot. (he's 30). he gets SO embarassed but i just laugh. however, U2 is his favorite band and he and I are the only liberals in the class so its always us against everyone else. he's a very good looking guy though.

My dad's 47-three years older than Bono.

faithingrace said:
I am sitting at my teacher's desk reading this and cracking up. I wonder if any of my students think I am hot? I really hope not!

LOL...

Originally posted by faithingrace
My husband is a high school science teacher and looks a lot like Bono.

Really?

Then it's a good thing none of us are his students...:p.

Angela

i'm 15 and love Bono, and all the members of u2. and for some reason i also have a thing for conan o'brien... lol..i love older men. :love:

Yes, they are. I actually have a crush on this boy in my Chemistry class, and it's weird because that's so new to me :lol: seriously I'm so used to lusting over/falling in love with guys I'll never have because ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED :sad: I didn't post this before since he was sitting right next to me but I also have a crush on one of my dad's best friends (yeah I know that's bad). He plays bass in my dad's band, and I've known him for a couple years now, really nice guy. The drummer is hot too... :drool:

My dad was best buds with Conan in the Harvard Lampoon :yes: too bad they don't really keep in touch anymore (saw each other a few years back at one of the reunions though), otherwise if U2 decided to go on Conan (which they should) I could like magically get tickets or something. That would have been cool.

Man, what is it with science teachers?! All the girls at my school think this other chemistry teacher is really hot...oddly enough I don't, though he does remind me a lot of The Edge. He has about as much hair as him (well okay maybe a little more :wink: sorry Edge) and he has the Edge-facial hair thing goin' on. It's styled like Edge's...you know what I mean right? I don't know what you call it but it's the cool neatly trimmed beard. And when he's not in class he wears a black beanie a lot, I've noticed... :hmm: I think the girls all like him because he's young at heart, I mean he's into comic books and he has a friggin motorcycle! (and damn is it nice. I want his motorcycle.) But yeah, he's alright lookin', but I'm not into him (though he's a cool dude and I like the fact that he reminds me of Edge)... faithingrace I'd probably be in love with your husband if he was my teacher :wink: I guess that's an odd thing to say...? That's SO adorable about your daughter getting Bono confused with her dad... he must REALLY look like Bono :ohmy: my little sister confuses my best friend with Bono...not because they look alike though, I think it's just because I talk about Bono so much. She always wants me to call Bono or talk to him on the internet (or she thinks I AM talking to him.) One time she said "Remember that time that Bono came to our house and put a lamp on his head?" "...um, that was Alec. Bono hasn't come to our house...yet."

u2bonogirl - yeah, you probably have a pretty good chance :) me on the other hand, only 16... and I'm short so I probably look younger... however I'm determined to meet him anyway. I can at least get a hug, right? A kiss would probably be a bit too much...though imagine having your first real kiss (I'm disregarding that one weird guy from the bus stop because um, he was scary) be from BONO... wouldn't that be a story to tell. No other guy would be able to compare :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom