For all you teenage lovers of Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:
Yes, they are. I actually have a crush on this boy in my Chemistry class, and it's weird because that's so new to me

LOL. Well, when it comes to guys I actually know and talk to, they're at least around my age (they're all still older than me, but only about 1 year older or something). But for some reason, when it comes to celebrities, the majority of them are all in their 40s and stuff. It's weird.

Originally posted by AtomicBono
seriously I'm so used to lusting over/falling in love with guys I'll never have because ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED

Gah, no kidding. I mean, I think it's awesome that the guys I like are happy with their wives and have been with them for a long time and everything-that's wonderful, it's nice to see some people still into the concept of long-term marriage nowadays. And the wives all seem like really cool, sweet people, too, so...that's great as well. But it still does kinda bum me out a little knowing I have absolutely ZERO chance with any of them. I might meet them someday, sure. But a romantic relationship? Not a chance.

My dad was best buds with Conan in the Harvard Lampoon :yes: too bad they don't really keep in touch anymore (saw each other a few years back at one of the reunions though), otherwise if U2 decided to go on Conan (which they should) I could like magically get tickets or something. That would have been cool.

Oh, really? Wow, that's cool!

I can see why girls go for Conan-he's absolutely hilarious, and a sense of humor is always a plus (for me, anyway) when it comes to guys. And he seems like a really nice, down to earth type of guy, too, so...yeah, I can see where girls like him.

Man, what is it with science teachers?! All the girls at my school think this other chemistry teacher is really hot...oddly enough I don't, though he does remind me a lot of The Edge. He has about as much hair as him (well okay maybe a little more :wink: sorry Edge) and he has the Edge-facial hair thing goin' on. It's styled like Edge's...you know what I mean right? I don't know what you call it but it's the cool neatly trimmed beard. And when he's not in class he wears a black beanie a lot, I've noticed...

Geez! I should move to these places you guys live-I have not met one single person who looks-wise has reminded me of any of the guys in U2.

Anywho, I don't know what it is about science teachers...maybe it's the whole intelligence thing, they know so much about all this really complicated stuff, and perhaps that's what gets them some attention from girls. It's funny, I didn't even realize I had an actual crush on that science teacher I mentioned earlier until I was a little older. Looking back now, I definitely know that it was a crush (heh, it always amused me when he'd get mad at someone though, 'cause, like I said, he had red hair, and when he got angry, his face got about as red as his hair did, so... He never yelled at me for anything-my teachers and I generally got along pretty good in school-but it was just funny to see that).

I think the girls all like him because he's young at heart, I mean he's into comic books and he has a friggin motorcycle! (and damn is it nice. I want his motorcycle.) But yeah, he's alright lookin', but I'm not into him (though he's a cool dude and I like the fact that he reminds me of Edge)...

Well, he sounds like a pretty cool guy. I wonder if I'd have a thing for him if I went to your school?

faithingrace I'd probably be in love with your husband if he was my teacher :wink: I guess that's an odd thing to say...?

I know, I feel kinda weird saying that, too-hopefully you aren't taking any of this the wrong way, faithingrace!

That's SO adorable about your daughter getting Bono confused with her dad... he must REALLY look like Bono :ohmy: my little sister confuses my best friend with Bono...not because they look alike though, I think it's just because I talk about Bono so much. She always wants me to call Bono or talk to him on the internet (or she thinks I AM talking to him.) One time she said "Remember that time that Bono came to our house and put a lamp on his head?" "...um, that was Alec. Bono hasn't come to our house...yet."

LOL, oh, wow. And yeah, that is cute about the whole dad/Bono confusion thing (thankfully, my dad looks NOTHING like Bono...if he did, that would be just a tad on the creepy side...).

Heh, I remember one Valentine's Day I was bummed out 'cause I was single as can be, and my sister said, "Why don't you go find Bono or something?" :p. Heh, I wish...

u2bonogirl - yeah, you probably have a pretty good chance :) me on the other hand, only 16... and I'm short so I probably look younger...

Aw...:hug:.

I'm 20...so I could possibly have a shot...only, knowing my luck, I'd probably get a spot nowhere near the stage :rolleyes:.

however I'm determined to meet him anyway. I can at least get a hug, right? A kiss would probably be a bit too much...though imagine having your first real kiss (I'm disregarding that one weird guy from the bus stop because um, he was scary) be from BONO... wouldn't that be a story to tell. No other guy would be able to compare :laugh:

Haha, really, no kidding (I have had a real kiss before, so I'd have to decide whose was the better of the two, which'd be hard, 'cause the guy that kissed me was such a sweetie and our kisses were really nice and everything). It'd be quite interesting to get at least a peck on the cheek (that'd be all I'd push for, I'd feel weird about a lip one), but yeah, I'd gladly settle for a hug, too. Hell, even if I just got to talk to him for two seconds, I'd be happy.

Angela

"I've always been attracted to older men... U2 fit that bill nicely, so it works out well for me "

hey i have 35!!!!!!!

while we're on the subject... does anyone else find Bob Geldof attractive, or am I alone on this one?
*damn those sexy Irishmen*

:reject:

wow i'm glad i'm not the only one with an older man fetish. my friends don't get it at all. whenever i go on about bono, john edwards, or tucker carlson to any of my friends thay all go "they're OLD!!!" i'm like "yeah i know, but that doesn't mean they're not hot!"

beau2ifulday said:
while we're on the subject... does anyone else find Bob Geldof attractive, or am I alone on this one?

:reject:

Yes I do :) I live near Bob actually, a lot of people I work with have seen him around the town but I havent had the luck yet.

I think I love the fact that both Bob an Bono really want to do something to make this world a better place and there are not many people that get out there and actually do something rather than just sit there talking/moaning.

I've always liked older men. Men seem to get more attractive as they age

celia said:

I've always liked older men. Men seem to get more attractive as they age

So true! For example I think Bono was just bloody adorable in his 20s, but once he hit the 30s something clicked and the sexy turned up a notch or five. I actually find him more attractive now than ever before in a lot of ways, and I probably will for another 10 years... I think men are in their prime from their mid-30s to their mid-40s, or thereabouts... though some last til their 50s like John Edwards :drool: or Liam Neeson...I dunno how old he is now but he is HOT HOT HOT...it's that accent, man. I soooo have a thing for Irishmen (though unlike every other girl on the planet I really don't think Colin Farrel is anything special). This is gonna sound really dumb but I honestly can't picture Bob Geldof in my head. I have no idea what the dude looks like (and no I haven't seen Live Aid). If someone wants to post a picture I can give you my expert opinion on his sexiness level :wink:

right now though I'm off to see Kinsey... FINALLY they're playing it here in Bloomington, where, y'know, the Kinsey Sex Institute is ACTUALLY LOCATED. *bitter about them not playing it in Bloomington when she wanted to see it...but then got over it when she saw SNL that night*

Heh, you know... My friend has a theory about men getting more attractive with age ;)
When you ask her about it, she'll tell you that women are usually more mature when they are young. However, with age, men are getting more experienced, wiser... And that makes them more attractive to us, girls.

That makes a perfect sense fo me - and it will, cause I still keep finding some of the older men so incredible HOT :drool:

I know plenty of girls, non-U2 fans who think Bono is Phwoarrrrrrr as well as a girl i think i might direct to here due to here having pictures of the man himself beside her desk in my class, THe lads still look well i humbly have to say.....................

beau2ifulday said:

Um...well, I've personally never had much of a thing for him, but I will admit he looked good in the "I Don't Like Mondays" video :yes:. If you have a thing for him, it's cool-whatever floats your boat, after all :).

Seriously, when I watch VH1 Classic, looking at the videos from some of the new wave/alternative/British pop rock bands from the 80s...there were some really good-looking guys running around then! Why did I have to either not be born yet or be so young then? Sheesh.

Originally posted by beau2ifulday

LOL, no kidding! Them with their adorable accents and their good looks and worldly nature and poeticness and everything...

I want to go to Ireland. :|.

Anywho...

For example I think Bono was just bloody adorable in his 20s, but once he hit the 30s something clicked and the sexy turned up a notch or five.

Exactly-personally, it went up a few notches for me when I saw him in the late 80s (seriously, "Rattle and Hum" movie, hello...), but yeah, the early 80s pictures I see of him, the only word that really comes to mind then is "adorable". As time went on, however, he was definitely more than adorable (although that word does still pop up from time to time). I'll definitely agree with the whole maturing and getting better with age thing.

Angela

well, I've liked U2 for four years now . . . aand I've thought Bono was sexy beyond reason for three of those (even though I've denied it). but now, I am proud of my love for bono; and my boyfriend doesnt mind :wink: by the way, I'm only 15, so I've been U2-obsessed since I was 11

Another U2 nut! said:
And there are quite a few of you I'm happy to say-CONGRATULATIONS on not going for all the girly pretty boy types your contemporaries are into, or those hip hop nobodies, and liking a REAL MAN!!!!!:bono: :drool:

When I was your age, all the teen girls liked Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio. Y'know, poofy guys.
But Bono is good ol' classic quality. Dig in!

Cheers! I know its not that popular for garls to love bono at my age of 16! But what can i say i have taste great taste in men if i do say so myself!

I like older guys, guys my age are just very childish! I need a man lol!

When i 1st saw this thread i thought it was going to be a dig at us, so cheers again!

I'm strange (hey at least I admit it:yes: ), because whereas I have been a U2 fan formany years, and have always liked and admired Bono, it only occurred to me fairly recently that he's really quite tasty and always has been!

Back
Top Bottom