For a friend....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnTheEdge

Refugee
(((Charlene))) I'm sorry. I echo what Jem said. *more hugs*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

(( Hugs Charlene ))

I recently lost my godfather. I know its not quite the same but it was still pretty tragic.. especially looking at him for the last time on his deathbed.

Listen to lots of U2. They have a way of helping you out through traumatic situations.

------------------
Sooth me mother..

My Lair

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-28-2002).]

(((hugs)))

I know I can speak for all of PLEBA when I say, we're always here to listen.

Love,
Emily

Elizabeth, how can I ever thank you for the support you've given me? Trust me everyone, if you ever need a shoulder in a crisis, turn to Elizabeth.

I love all of you so much and I can't believe I have so many people who care about me. I have been really good at keeping myself together the past few days and now you guys have made me lose it completely! I'm crying all over my keyboard!

Really, I just can't say how much all of you mean to me. Coming here, even just to lurk, has kept me sane, believe it not. There have been moments when I just did not want to think about funerals and flowers and crazy relatives asking silly questions and coming here relieved a lot of my stress.

I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to post the last picture my Dad and I took together last month. Even though he looks so sick and I had been crying, the picture means a lot to me because we had such a great visit.

DSCN0943.JPG

Charles "Corky" Carlson
1947 - 2002

yes, I was named after my Dad
smile.gif

(((Charlene)))

You can count on us for everything, BAW. I'm truly happy that you got a chance to get closer to your dad and that you both spent some quality time before this sad event. I'm sure this makes you feel better and calm.

(((Charlene)))
We love you
smile.gif

I'm truly sorry for your loss Charlene. It's posts like yours in this thread that continue to make this board worthwhile for me though.

I am not fortunate enough to know you personally, but I admire your classy and friendly presence here. And of course we don't mind the picture-it's just beautiful. I can see where you get your kind, sweet face from.

I send you my support at this time, and wish God's blessings and peace to you and your family.

Hello Charlene,
I'm very sorry for your loss...remember the good times you had with your dad, walk in a quiet place with your headset and some good U2 music, write down your thoughts and memories. I recently had a loss too, and if you ever want to talk, I'm here. Thanks for being a sweetie on this forum.

*hugs*
~~Foadie~~

Hi Charlene, I'm so sorry that you and your family are going through this loss. It can be tough to lose a family memeber and if it's any consolation, I think you're handling it really well. I'll pray for you and your family and keep you guys in my thoughts. You've got so many friends here that are behind you, and if you ever need to talk, here's my addy: mocool12@aol.com

what a beautiful photo, charlene. i am so sorry about your loss.
frown.gif

i don't really know if anything will make you feel better, but perhaps the lyrics of "kite" might help you get through this period.... i know that bono has said many times that he thinks somehow his father wrote this song for him.

(((hugs)))

Charlene,

I don't know you too well but please accept my sympathy on the loss of your father.

My thoughts are with you. and you are in my prayers.

I'm sure it's a devastating loss and I can't imaging what you are going through. Be strong, walk on !!

PEACE,

Julie

((((((HUGS CHARLENE))))))

------------------
Woah, woah...
She's the refugee.
I see your face
I see you staring back at me

(((((Charlene))))))
I am so very sorry for you loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Know that your Fathers love is shining down upon you from up above.

Charlene...

There's not much I can say that hasn't been said already, but that we all understand what you are experiencing, and, unfortunately, everyone will have to endure something as painful as this in their lifetime. I am keeping you in my thoughts, and praying that you are able to be strong, and that you are not afraid to be upset. And you can always talk to any of us, we'll understand. And we will be here when you need us, and we will be waiting and thinking of you.

God bless you and your family.

~ Katie

When you ever need to cry...You can cry with us.
We'll all join in and cry right along with you!
wink.gif

I still grieve over my lost loved ones, so i know what its like. I pray that we will meet again...in Heaven or in our next lives or wherever...

Oh God, now I really AM crying!
biggrin.gif

***Hugs Tightly***
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 03-28-2002).]

Charlene, I am truly sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I know this is a hard time for you and your family. I am not good with words in a time for sorrow, but want you to know your PLEBA family is here for you. Thank you for sharing your feelings and photo of you and your father. Eventhough your father has passed, his soul still remains alive and you have gained an angel. God Bless you and your family. (((hugs)))

Charlene, I can sympathize with you. My father passed away 3 years ago and I feel I know what you are going through. The hurt that you are going throught seems unbearable. Take your to time to grieve, and with time it will get better. I want to extend my deepest and sincere sympathy to you and I am wishing you peace in this time of sorrow. Please take care of yourself, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
((hug))

(((Charlene)))
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. I know nothing I can say will make it better, but sometimes just knowing so many people care about you is enough. Elizabeth thank you for bringing this to our attention. That's one of the greatest things about PLEBA, the wonderful support we show each other. I'm very sorry Charlene.
((((Charlene))))

Back
Top Bottom