for a beautiful summer...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

najeena

War Child
how about a summer beauty tip thread? One of my favorite tricks is to swish hydrogen peroxide and water (half and half) around in my mouth for at least a minute after I brush my teeth. It tastes awful- but it's safe, good oral hygiene, it brightens your teeth and it's dirt cheap. Have some mouthwash handy, the taste is truly nasty.

Lots o'deodorant! :D

Actually my summer beauty tips this year are..

Bring umbrella
Remain pasty white
Sit indoors cause of the weather and keep putting on that weight
Count the ways hair can continue to frizz

I could never use hydrogen peroxide :no: I like Scope, or that toothpaste/mouthwash combo

I gargled with hydrogen peroxide mixed with mouthwash when my tonsils were infected....it was much less gross then when I was using hp and water.

My tip for the summer is plenty of powder. Hit every place the sun don't shine. In St Louis the heat and humidity are killer so if you don't powder yourself down your begging for a rash.(boob rash):no:

Super shiny liquid gloss with glitter looks so pretty on your lips when the sun hits. I use a lip pencil before putting it on to help keep the gloss on longer.

from my personal routine:

* blush or bronzer lightly dusted on your cheekbones, nose, foregead, and chin - gives you a sunny glow and is great for me b/c I tan very easily, but especially I'm protective of my face b/c my grandma has skin cancer so I use bronzer to match

* exfoliating before a normal face wash - cleans pores, removes sunburned skin, and makes your face feel soft

* dove unscented deodorant/anti-persperant WORKS! - I used it in the Everglades where is mid-90s and humid all the time

* I'm a fan of pony tails, even the ratty-just-pulled-my-hair-up-with-no-brushing kind, and to make it look not so plain, I part my hair off to the side and put 2-3 tiny braids in random places along the part and keep them in with tiny rubberbands, they stay in for weeks and can be washed and even brushed

* my friend gave me this NO AD stuff that's like an orange gel that's shimmery. It's not sun screen, but it smells yummy and is a great moisturizer for on the beach b/c it's not oily and makes you shimmer

* for my lips, I don't have lipstick, but I have this set of blush/bronzer so I use those colors on my lips with a dab of clear gloss to make it stick

I like to keep it simple in the summer. I use a little bronzer and then use a sheer pink highlighter on by brow and cheekbones with a light pink shimmery lipgloss and mascara. When Im going out an wearing a cami or tank I add a little of the hightlighter on my shoulders.

celia said:
WEAR SUNSCREEN ;)

:yes:

If you wear foundation and want to make it more sheer or natural looking dilute it a bit with water and it doesnt go on as heavy and gives a more dewy kind of finish and doesnt feel like you have any on. My cousin gave me this tip...she actually told me to use a foundation brush instead of your fingers or a makeup sponge. At first I thought it was weird but now I love it.

Back
Top Bottom