Football is my life (not!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsPurrl

Blue Crack Supplier
MrPurrl is, though. And he is very happy about the pair-ups for the play-offs next weekend. The Colts vs the Patriots (Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady!) and the Bears vs the Saints. Tough calls! :eek:

I like football...but only one game a day. I watched the Colts game Saturday, but by the time the Eagles/Saints came on, I was all set, and changed the channel the minute my roomie fell asleep! :evil:

Otherwise, I am a football widow to someone I'm not married to, as I've told a few other people around here. He will even watch high school football on some channel included in our digital cable package. :crazy:

I'm psyched about next week, though- Pats vs. Colts, old home team vs. new home team in my new home town! Roomie is looking for tickets so we can go! I'm going to get my butt kicked by the Hoosiers for cheering on the Patriots! I'm happy no matter who wins, though- either my favorite team goes back to the Superbowl, or I live in a Superbowl town again. :D

Sorry, Ms. P, I think I've hijacked your thread!

Schmeg said:
I like football...but only one game a day. I watched the Colts game Saturday, but by the time the Eagles/Saints came on, I was all set, and changed the channel the minute my roomie fell asleep! :evil:

Otherwise, I am a football widow to someone I'm not married to, as I've told a few other people around here. He will even watch high school football on some channel included in our digital cable package. :crazy:

I'm psyched about next week, though- Pats vs. Colts, old home team vs. new home team in my new home town! Roomie is looking for tickets so we can go! I'm going to get my butt kicked by the Hoosiers for cheering on the Patriots! I'm happy no matter who wins, though- either my favorite team goes back to the Superbowl, or I live in a Superbowl town again. :D

Sorry, Ms. P, I think I've hijacked your thread!

Definitely not--all comments are welcome! Especially from other "football widows." :laugh:

JCOSTER said:
Glad to be a football widow....and I am secretly rooting for the Patriots and Tom Brady. Do you know what that is like in a NYJets household? :yikes:

:shh:
:shocked: A Pats fan in a Jets household?! How have you survived the last 40 years???

:wink:

:heart: football widows :heart:

I too am a football widow to someone Im not married to yet. He is a HUGE football fan with a very deep love for the Bear's. Whenever Im out there visiting him during football season he wants me to watch the games along with wearing a jersey. Typically I oblige because I know it makes him happy. However I do sometimes "accidentally" happen to fall asleep when the games are on :giggle: :wink:

Oh and did I mention that he is also heavily involved with a fantasy football league? :crack:

Wow JC you are brave with openly stating that you are rooting for Tom Brady! :ohmy: If I said to that Mike I would hear soooo much ranting and raving about his dislike for that man! :yikes: :lol:

Last edited:
OH, my mistake. I thought this thread was about THE REAL football!!! :wink:

Really though, it wasn't my life before I went to college. I went to a school where football is what put us on the map. So...it has become my life.

Only college football though. I can't stand NFL. Except for Lee Suggs of the Cleveland Browns. He was my boyfriend in college. He didn't know that we were going out...but, that is okay. I sent him my love vibes at every game I attended. :heart:

I'll officially be a football widow in 2008. I am not really into the NFL at all. I've been to a few Bears games though and that was fun. I think being at the games is much more interesting that watching on TV. this Sunday, I pretty much don't exist until the Bears game is over. any errands we had even last weekend, we had to do them in between the games or before the games started. I imagine this Sunday will not be any different. oh well....Bears game probably equals nap time for me
However, I am sure I will wake up to Ken screaming at the TV :lol:

Schmeg said:

:shocked: A Pats fan in a Jets household?! How have you survived the last 40 years???

:wink:

:heart: football widows :heart:

My will is stronger than all of them; I know it just drives them crazy....:wink: since my younger son was 2 he has been a Packers fan. Go figure.

U2Girl416 said:
I'll officially be a football widow in 2008. I am not really into the NFL at all. I've been to a few Bears games though and that was fun. I think being at the games is much more interesting that watching on TV. this Sunday, I pretty much don't exist until the Bears game is over. any errands we had even last weekend, we had to do them in between the games or before the games started. I imagine this Sunday will not be any different. oh well....Bears game probably equals nap time for me
However, I am sure I will wake up to Ken screaming at the TV :lol:

You sure Ken and Mike weren't separated at birth? :wink:

U2Girl416 said:

I'm not sure of anything anymore :) although I know Ken doesn't have a Bears jersey, so Mike has one up on him. But Ken did go all over the place to get his 1985 Superbowl program signed by the original players :lol:

Ok you know after reading that Ken has upped Mike BIG time! :lol: You poor poor thing :hug:

Oh and I made the mistake of mentioning this thread last night. Next thing I know "the male" was reading through all of the posts. Must say you guys kept him amused :wink:

I LOVE football! My husband doesn't know how lucky he is to have a woman who appreciates the game and understands its intensity like the guys do. I hate hearing girls tell their guys to 'tape it you can watch it later' :no: When that game is on, you have to see it NOW! Wondering what's going on can kill you. I love the stragedy, the excitement, and the greatness of the game, and the extreme emotions (I have felt them all)

I am a huge Colts fan, have been since I was a kid. I stuck with them through all he bad times, and I really feel the team, and the fans, have paid their dues and deserve a big payoff- finally. How could anyone begrudge us? I don't think Peyton or any of the QBs are cute, though. Joe Montana was the hottest QB ever :love:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
I LOVE football! My husband doesn't know how lucky he is to have a woman who appreciates the game and understands its intensity like the guys do. I hate hearing girls tell their guys to 'tape it you can watch it later' :no: When that game is on, you have to see it NOW! Wondering what's going on can kill you. I love the stragedy, the excitement, and the greatness of the game, and the extreme emotions (I have felt them all)

I am a huge Colts fan, have been since I was a kid. I stuck with them through all he bad times, and I really feel the team, and the fans, have paid their dues and deserve a big payoff- finally. How could anyone begrudge us? I don't think Peyton or any of the QBs are cute, though. Joe Montana was the hottest QB ever :love:

Living 60 miles from Indianapolis, I must admit I'm getting caught up in the fervor. :wink:

I thought you were a huge Tom Brady fan??

Living 8 miles from downtown Indianapolis, I am loving the fever...and the Taunting of the Pats Fan that has begun at work. :dance:

I'm totally wearing my Pats windbreaker Friday and Saturday.

And U2K, you're so right...You HAVE to watch it NOW, there is no taping football. :tsk: The excitement is all in the moment, it's just not the same on videotape later.

Schmeg said:
Living 8 miles from downtown Indianapolis, I am loving the fever...and the Taunting of the Pats Fan that has begun at work. :dance:

I'm totally wearing my Pats windbreaker Friday and Saturday.

You are eeeee-vil! :evil: I love it!

I love football i think its the best game ever! not to mention some good looking men running around in shorts :rolleyes: :giggle:

i cant wait till the aussie footy season
:drool:

one of my sisters lives in Fishers, IN. unfortunately for her, she is NOT a Colts fan at all. She loves the Steelers. We sent her a card with a Peyton Manning playing card inside. She was not amused :giggle: But with the Steelers out, she's rooting full force for the Bears.

Zoobaby14 said:
I love football i think its the best game ever! not to mention some good looking men running around in shorts :rolleyes: :giggle:

Not in the U.S.--they wear below-the-knee-length pants (tight!), stocking, big shoes with cleats on the bottom, jerseys, and big helmets! That's so they can bash and crash into each other without getting hurt. :huh:

One of my top three reasons for hoping the Patriots win this weekend is so that I don't have to hear the words "Peyton Manning" as much as I would if they do win. :| He's on every commercial (although the Mastercard one is cool because it's all filmed in my 'hood) and he was literally just 3/4 of the last two news half-hours.

(Sorry, U2Kitten. :uhoh: )

Schmeg said:
One of my top three reasons for hoping the Patriots win this weekend is so that I don't have to hear the words "Peyton Manning" as much as I would if they do win. :| He's on every commercial (although the Mastercard one is cool because it's all filmed in my 'hood) and he was literally just 3/4 of the last two news half-hours.

(Sorry, U2Kitten. :uhoh: )

I can't help wondering: on the commercials, he seems like he has a good sense of humour--is he like that in real life? :eyebrow:

U2Girl416 said:
how you could let him do that to you? you might fight the urge Shannon. :hug: I can still save you!

Thanks Diana I knew you would be the voice of reason! :hug: Im boycotting the game tomorrow so hopefully that will help some also. Can only imagine what is in store for us if the Bear's actually make it to the Superbowl and win! :yikes: :faint: :crazy:

Really believe had this planned all along :shifty: He knows what a sucker I am to hearing him so happy. Kept fighting the urge than before I knew it he had sucked me into all of the excitement!

Not a football fanatic but like to watch it and play it....

I went to Soldier Field to see the first playoff game to see the Bears beat the Seahawks... it was a great game..

and i've been watching the all season and its all great except for our damn QB...man i hate him..

Back
Top Bottom