Football is my life (not!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wore my Patriots pullover windbreaker to work yesterday and then pulled it over the back of my chair. :evil: I think I pissed off the whole Northside of Indy. The manager at the desk next to mine was apologizing to people for me.

Hoosiers take that sort of thing much better than, say, a guy in a Yankees hat in Boston Common, however. :up: I guess there's more of a sense of humor out here.

The manager did warn me, however, that once the good-natured Hoosiers are drunk on Sunday, I have to be careful. :lol:

A cute little story I received from a friend today. (Looks like the Super Bowl will be the Chicago Bears vs either the Colts or the Patriots.)

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a New England Patriots fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Pats fans too. Not really knowing what a Pats fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands fly into the air. There is, however, one exception. Susie has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a patriot fan" she reports. "Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?" "I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan" boasts the little girl. The teacher asks Susie why she is a Colts fan. "Well, my Dad and Mom are Colts fans, so I'm a Colts fan too" she responds. "That's no reason," the teacher says. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?" Susie smiles and says, "Then I'd be a New England Patriots fan." :D

My first football game was a Bears game. My parents are both from Gary, IN, so they are obsessed with anything Chicago. I remember back with the dude...Refridgerator Perry.

I bet they're celebrating right now :)

U2Girl416 said:
oh Shannon, what are you doing to me? :lol: at least I have a weekend before the superbowl to prepare myself.

Come into hiding with me :sexywink: The temptation to go to the dark side was soooo strong last night :ohmy:

Oh and I have a weekend before the superbowl to bake homemade chcolate chip cookies and send them to him :lol: Said he needs something to snack on while watching the game. He is so spoiled! :lol:

BonosBaby12 said:

Come into hiding with me :sexywink: The temptation to go to the dark side was soooo strong last night :ohmy:

Oh and I have a weekend before the superbowl to bake homemade chcolate chip cookies and send them to him :lol: Said he needs something to snack on while watching the game. He is so spoiled! :lol:

:drool: I gotta figure out a way to get on that gravy train :hmm:

he told me that I've watch the superbowls with him the past few years but I can't remember :lol:

daygloeyes2 said:
Last night's Colts-Pats game was an absolute heartbreaker.

Very exciting game, eh? In the first half when the Pats were up 21-3, MrPurrl (consummate Colts fan) moaned, "Oh, I may as well just go outside and lie down in the snow and wait for God to take me." Cracked me up! Of course, he perked up considerably by the end of the game. :lol:

MsPurrl said:

Very exciting game, eh? In the first half when the Pats were up 21-3, MrPurrl (consummate Colts fan) moaned, "Oh, I may as well just go outside and lie down in the snow and wait for God to take me." Cracked me up! Of course, he perked up considerably by the end of the game. :lol:
:lol:

It was SUCH a good game, and so hard to watch for this New England transplant in Indy! I usually only recognize the names of the players on the team I'm cheering for, and in this case I knew ALL the names and was getting a little confused. :der:

I was bummed last night, but everyone at work was nice to me today, and this makes the Super Bowl party we're going to that much more fun.

...and two weeks from today I won't be a football widow anymore and have to compete with a whole team of burly men for my roomie's attention on Sundays! :hyper:

U2Girl416 said:

:drool: I gotta figure out a way to get on that gravy train :hmm:

he told me that I've watch the superbowls with him the past few years but I can't remember :lol:

Just say the word and the train will roll in discreetly the night before to rescue you. There are lots of good times to be had on there! :drool:

Oh and our minds tend to black out traumatic moments! Believe this is your case with not recalling having watched past Superbowl games :giggle:

BonosBaby12 said:

Just say the word and the train will roll in discreetly the night before to rescue you. There are lots of good times to be had on there! :drool:

Oh and our minds tend to black out traumatic moments! Believe this is your case with not recalling having watched past Superbowl games :giggle:

me want cookies :cookiemonster:

we went out tonight to look at Bears jerseys. of all the possibly bad times, he decides he wants one NOW, when they're uber-popular and doing well and going to the superbowl. d'oh. he's getting one online customized with his name on the back. Just nod and smile :)

Schmeg said:

:lol:

It was SUCH a good game, and so hard to watch for this New England transplant in Indy! I usually only recognize the names of the players on the team I'm cheering for, and in this case I knew ALL the names and was getting a little confused. :der:

I was bummed last night, but everyone at work was nice to me today, and this makes the Super Bowl party we're going to that much more fun.

...and two weeks from today I won't be a football widow anymore and have to compete with a whole team of burly men for my roomie's attention on Sundays! :hyper:

I must admit to being on the Pats' train a while back. Matt Light and Roosevelt Colvin both graduated from the department I work in at Purdue. Now, isn't that a "girl-y" reason to root for a team? :lol: They are good guys, though.

Around my house, after the Super Bowl comes the NCAA tournament. But at least it's spread out over the week, not just Sundays.

U2Girl416 said:

me want cookies :cookiemonster:

we went out tonight to look at Bears jerseys. of all the possibly bad times, he decides he wants one NOW, when they're uber-popular and doing well and going to the superbowl. d'oh. he's getting one online customized with his name on the back. Just nod and smile :)

Awww the cookie monster is so cute! :giggle:

You poor poor woman :tsk: :hug: How fun that must have been to go looking for jerseys! You are right all you can do is nod and smile! :lol: Stay strong Diana!

I really do believe we need to keep these 2 separated from each other :shifty:

We had to drive to Chicago (about 3.5 hrs each way) just so we could watch the Bears game in Chicago. Now we have to drive back for the Superbowl. :|

BonosBaby12 said:

Awww the cookie monster is so cute! :giggle:

You poor poor woman :tsk: :hug: How fun that must have been to go looking for jerseys! You are right all you can do is nod and smile! :lol: Stay strong Diana!

I really do believe we need to keep these 2 separated from each other :shifty:

the jersey was ordered this morning from the nfl site. customized with his name and favorite number too. and I offered to pay for half as a valentine's day gift. :shocked:

U2Girl416 said:

the jersey was ordered this morning from the nfl site. customized with his name and favorite number too. and I offered to pay for half as a valentine's day gift. :shocked:

Omg what has happened to you?! :ohmy: Please don't tell me that you are going to "that" side! :no:

Lies oh how fortunate you are to travel so far just for a game :giggle:

Zoobaby14 said:
I love football i think its the best game ever! not to mention some good looking men running around in shorts :rolleyes: :giggle:

i cant wait till the aussie footy season
:drool:

AUSSIE RULES!!! CARN THE TIGERS! Oh man I can't wait either til the footy starts up again. But cricket has been keeping me occupied :) Who do you go for? (please, please don't say swans :wink:)

-Nikki

Ikkin said:

AUSSIE RULES!!! CARN THE TIGERS! Oh man I can't wait either til the footy starts up again. But cricket has been keeping me occupied :) Who do you go for? (please, please don't say swans :wink:)

-Nikki

Ohhh For the first time this ever I love the cricket

And yeah Im a swans fan, i gotta be tho...Im from Sydney

But out of all the footy we play my first love goes to NRL :heart:

U2Girl416 said:

I just don't know. before I knew it, the words flew out of my mouth. :no: he got me on the White Sox wagon, I can't let him make me a Bears fan! :help:

Diana I refuse to lose you to that side!!!! :madwife: I vow I will find a way to rescue you one way or another!

Wow really have my work cut out for me since this jersey incident. Never backed down from a challenge before and I won't now! Hang on tight I won't let such a thing happen to you!

MsPurrl said:
A cute little story I received from a friend today. (Looks like the Super Bowl will be the Chicago Bears vs either the Colts or the Patriots.)

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a New England Patriots fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Pats fans too. Not really knowing what a Pats fan was, but wanting to be liked by their teacher, their hands fly into the air. There is, however, one exception. Susie has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a patriot fan" she reports. "Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?" "I'm an Indianapolis Colts fan" boasts the little girl. The teacher asks Susie why she is a Colts fan. "Well, my Dad and Mom are Colts fans, so I'm a Colts fan too" she responds. "That's no reason," the teacher says. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?" Susie smiles and says, "Then I'd be a New England Patriots fan." :D

:lmao: nice

I admit I'm a Pats fan. I was born in Boston, they're a legitimately great team, they seem like nice people, and Tom Brady is hot! :drool: oh, and Roosevelt Colvin went to my high school :D

buuut of course my #1 team is the Colts. I've lived in Indiana most of my life so yeah :wink: plus they're all so nice! you don't see the taunting and bragging much at all with the Colts. dungy and manning especially seem like real gentlemen. It's nice to see in the sports world :up:

I'm a Vikings fan too, unfortunately that never gets me anywhere :wink: there are only a few teams I really follow. I don't watch every game that's on; that's just too much.

my dad's side of the family is really into football. my mom's...not so much. my mom asked me last weekend "What is a touchdown?" :lol: and she was serious...:yikes:

Zoobaby14 said:

Ohhh For the first time this ever I love the cricket

And yeah Im a swans fan, i gotta be tho...Im from Sydney

But out of all the footy we play my first love goes to NRL :heart:

I've always loved the cricket, but it was just so good this year and NOOOOOOOOOO.... well yeah, I figured you'd have to be :p never been into rugby, I can sometimes watch it if it's Australia, but that's bout it.

-Nikki

Ikkin said:

I've always loved the cricket, but it was just so good this year and NOOOOOOOOOO.... well yeah, I figured you'd have to be :p never been into rugby, I can sometimes watch it if it's Australia, but that's bout it.

-Nikki

Yeah the tri-nations is great to watch, but my dad and all the rest of the blokes in my family played rugby as kids so im stuck with it :wink:

I love going to the footy
coz you get to scream random things out and no one hears you & coz im a prev :giggle: i cant help myself :reject:

and i always end up talking to some random person

I've actually heard this one before, only instead of the Patriots/Colts, it was about Duke and Maryland basketball (Duke being the evil team of course). :lmao:

MsPurrl said:

BonosBaby12 said:

Diana I refuse to lose you to that side!!!! :madwife: I vow I will find a way to rescue you one way or another!

Wow really have my work cut out for me since this jersey incident. Never backed down from a challenge before and I won't now! Hang on tight I won't let such a thing happen to you!

maybe Mike and Ken should just date each other :hmm: that would eliminate all danger :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom