Filming in Monaco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Merc said:

The question is - why is Bono behind the wheel in a non-english/irish car where the wheel is in the 'wrong' side?! Now that would make me nervous if I was a passenger in that car... :lol:
MY thoughts! :lol:

and - monaco :drool: i love that city

starsgoblue said:

I'd jump in it the second I saw it!!

No...not really. I think I would deploy the airbags from the blinding force and heat of me blushing....

:lmao:
I was thinking that the airbags would deploy because I hit the car in front of me looking at them in the next lane. Do you think they would be witnesses?

Last edited:
Is it Cat Deely who does CD UK??

It wouldnt surprise me she always gets great interviews with the band,and they did say that U2 would be on in the next few weeks.

Nice pics !!

Bono's Tart said:
Is it Cat Deely who does CD UK??

It wouldnt surprise me she always gets great interviews with the band,and they did say that U2 would be on in the next few weeks.

Nice pics !!

I wondered if it was her, too. but it doesn't really look like her in this pic:

9dc5cde3.jpg

:shrug: I can't think who else it would be though

CMM said:
RE: The BMW...

I think that's one of the two matching cars Bono and Edge bought about a month ago.

The both have one?! :ohmy:

:faint:

I would looove to own such a car! :drool: German cars! :drool: But, a ride in Bono or Edge's BMW would be nice too... :sexywink:

Merc said:
:dance: The pics are back - thanks for posting Kelly! :D:up:

The question is - why is Bono behind the wheel in a non-english/irish car where the wheel is in the 'wrong' side?! Now that would make me nervous if I was a passenger in that car... :lol:

... and I must admit the old car is nice, but the BMW :drool: - now that's a car!!! Wonder if it's Bono's private or a hired?! :hmm: He does have good taste in cars! :drool:

I must agree I cant stop looking at it. It's a nice color too........and they all look good in it :drool: :drool: :drool:

OMG they let BONO DRIVE !!!!!!

*gasps*

I wondered if the reason he got the Mazzerati was b/c he finally learned to drive

Hehehe

The thought of anyone I respect owning a BMW fills me with goosebumps. The Edge, according to Bono in this month's Q magazine, does own one though. Saving grace is that it's second-hand, so a little respect has been restored. I'd rather they drove flash Ferraris or Trabants than the symbol of sheer w**kerism...BMWs. Does anyone know anybody nice that owns a BMW?

I thought it was Cat Dealy in that photo too but I'm not sure now.

kellyahern said:

..dude. The Edge looks HOT in that pic. And this is coming from a Bono fangirl. It must be 'cause he's wearing Bono-y shades :wink: But really, they're all lookin' good, and not too nervous about Bono driving. I can see it now...

Bono: Gah Larry, you drive a car for a minute and the thing breaks down. I'm driving this one.
Larry: NO! Let Adam drive!
Girl: But I want to sit with Adam!
Adam: *shrug* Sure, okay *gets in back with girl*
Larry: Okay, then Edge can drive.
Edge: Actually, I need to do some...important...research...yeah. Important research. *gets out palm pilot*
Bono: Well that settles it, I'M DRIVING! *gets in driver's seat*
Larry: *grumble* important research huh...
Edge: Well, don't YOU think it's important to see who has the most threads on PLEBA?
Larry: No. No I don't.
Bono: So who DOES have the most threads?
Edge: Well, me of course, DUH - I mean, current data supports my hypothesis that I am the current leader in PLEBA popularity.
Larry: WHAT?!
Adam: I guess he does care...

I don't know. It was random. I think I'd do the same as youtwohearts and end up smashing the guy in front of me if U2 pulled up next to me. Or I'd attempt to jump out of my car into theirs in an awesome action movie fashion and promptly hit the pavement because I'm not actually in an action movie. Oops.

AtomicBono said:

Edge: Well, me of course, DUH - I mean, current data supports my hypothesis that I am the current leader in PLEBA popularity.

:lol: Something about that cracks me up!

ewen said:
Does anyone know anybody nice that owns a BMW?

Bono and Edge...

:wink:

:lmao: at AtomicBono's caption - the real reason why Edge changed his many mobilephones for a palmpilot... to check Interference daily! :lol:

Yeah, I know lots of nice people with BMW's! It's your own prejudiced and norrowminded views on the subject that's at fault. Or is it just wankerism taking over. Second-hand one is not as bad eh! i give up.

Tizer said:
Yeah, I know lots of nice people with BMW's! It's your own prejudiced and norrowminded views on the subject that's at fault. Or is it just wankerism taking over. Second-hand one is not as bad eh! i give up.

woah, steady on! we're only talking about BMWs here! somebody got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Last edited:
Merc said:
:dance: The pics are back - thanks for posting Kelly! :D:up:

... and I must admit the old car is nice, but the BMW :drool: - now that's a car!!! Wonder if it's Bono's private or a hired?! :hmm: He does have good taste in cars! :drool:

Yes it is his private car as bonolady pointed out. it has a french numberplate on it.
And it is easier to drive with a car with the wheel on the right (=correct) side of the car, which in France is on the left.
I'm not too confusing am I??:wink:

So he has this car expecially for the holidays on the continent , lucky lad

greety said:
And it is easier to drive with a car with the wheel on the right (=correct) side of the car, which in France is on the left.
I'm not too confusing am I??:wink:

Wouldn't that depend on which kind of car he first learned to drive in?! :D
If he ever learned to drive in the first place, that is! :lol:

greety said:
So he has this car expecially for the holidays on the continent , lucky lad

:drool: Mmm, I wouldn't mind if he drove that car a little more north on the continent next time he's over... :flirt: :sexywink:

Last edited:
Merc said:

Wouldn't that depend on which kind of car he first learned to drive in?! :D
If he ever learned to drive in the first place, that is! :lol:

:drool: Mmm, I wouldn't mind if he drove that car a little more north on the continent next time he's over... :D

As long as he makes a pitstop in between :D

ewen said:
I'd rather they drove flash Ferraris or Trabants than the symbol of sheer w**kerism...BMWs. Does anyone know anybody nice that owns a BMW?

Several members of my family, yes. Hmm I think judging people by their cars might be a bigger symbol of "wankerism". :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom