Feeling miserable atm...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youvedonewhat

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Not sure where to post this so I'm sticking it here for now. Mods, please feel free to move it to the correct forum..thanks.

Bear with me, but I have to say it:

I have to say that after reading one of the recent posts here on PLEBA that I'm really uncomfortable about asking for pix of the band. Up until now, I've felt ok about asking for various lists of pix but now, I dunno... I never post any myself cos I'm too lazy to find out how to do it and also because I don't want to post something that someone else has kindly posted already.

At the moment, ppl don't seem very happy and not particularly united. It's sad. It seems like the 'team spirit' has gone.

I hope that we can return to how we were. Up until recently, everyone seemed kind and generous and I think we were lucky to have that 'goodness', if you like. I used to frequent the old U2.com a long time ago and things got so out of hand there that I just gave up in end. I do so hope this site won't go the same way.

I'm not pointing any fingers. I wouldn't do that. I'm not stirring things up either. I just got to wondering if anyone else feels like I do, that it's a great shame that we can't stick together.
:sad:

Aww, YDW:hug: I know just how you feel...I think we got out alot of good points and views on the thread yesterday. We know where everyone stands now. So we can move forward. I still have hope that PLEABA will remain the most positive place on Interference. Please do not let what happend discourage you from writing, requesting pics, etc. Remember we are all hear because we love :adam: :bono: :edge: :larry: :heart:

YDW I know how you feel :hug:
it's quiet here... too quiet..
and you know, I was just thinking of you! After the Rose diaries and Drawers, I started Diaries of the Downcast today... and I must say I'm incredibly impressed by your writing... it's pretty depressing at some points, you're very good in expressing the emotions and I sure felt some of em at moments... the sad ones really get me!
but even tho they're sad, there always is a positive thing, and you always know it'll end good.. and I also think that'll happen here...
the conversations of yesterday were a bit harsh, but as said before, we know who stands where, and maybe people need to get used to it... so I think that it just needs some time for this place to get a bit back to where it was... and if you're looking for pictures, don't be afraid, just ask, since, correct me if I'm wrong, that's what PLEBA's for!

At the moment, ppl don't seem very happy and not particularly united. It's sad. It seems like the 'team spirit' has gone.

I'm usually a total lurker but I had to respond to this because I hate to see someone (especially a fellow U2 fan!) sad. Can I just say...I love lurking here and I think that you are all great!! Seriously. I wish someone would start a '10 things I love about PLEBans' thread or something, there are so many fun, positive things about this board and the people who post here. Don't be sad!!!:hug:

Youvedonewhat, I don't know what made you feel this way but please don't ever feel bad about asking for pics! This is the place to do it, and if you can't do it here where can you? Don't worry about it, this is what PLEBA is here for! You are welcome to all of my pics, post them, hotlink them, (only have to pay once a year for unlimited bandwidth and it's paid up!) rightclicksave, whatever, I don't care, that's what they're for.

http://fotki.com/kittylove

I may not have what you're looking for but I'm sure you'll find something you like. Also, I have always liked people to request things, because I think it's fun to find them and post them!

:hug:

Thank you so much for all your kind comments. :hug: It's renewed my faith in this site. After reading through a couple of threads last week, it felt like everyone was arguing and only just stopping short of insulting one another. I realise that not many ppl were involved with it all but it seemed such a shame that some of the comments got posted. It only seemed to annoy ppl even more. Still, it looks like things have settled down again so hopefully we can all get back to normal.

U2kitten, thank you for your offer of your pix. I will certainly be having a look (and a drool) and no doubt they'll end up as screen savers or desktop images...lol..:drool: I do like to wander through all the pix posted as they're so interesting. To see the band through all their years as performers is amazing. So, I'll take you up on your offer and have a browse.

And thanks everyone for taking the time to post me a reply. It's nice to know that there's ppl out there who are generous and caring. :hug: :hug:

yeah I think thats prolly the reason PLEBA's gone quiet these days... good to have you back YDW :hug:
and y'know, if you're ever looking for a pic,... just calll and I'll search ;) just 30 more pictures and I've reached the 2000!!!!! (ok you can start calling me insane by then... )

Galeongirl said:
yeah I think thats prolly the reason PLEBA's gone quiet these days... good to have you back YDW :hug:
and y'know, if you're ever looking for a pic,... just calll and I'll search ;) just 30 more pictures and I've reached the 2000!!!!! (ok you can start calling me insane by then... )

Then I don't know what that makes me. I have over 22,000 in one of my photobuckets alone.

lol, and I'm prolly the only one who gets her pc all screwed by 6 gig of U2 stuff...
you sure beat me with the pictures.... XD
I really need to get a decent pc... or at least one of my own.. now sharing with parents and sister a pentium II with windows ME... the most crappy of them all, won't even run iTunes! and it's dying...

Windows ME actually is the crappiest OS ever release. You're better off downgrading to Windows 98. You have my sympathies.

Man, I used to be the picture hog around here, I can't believe your numbers :faint: :bow:

:yikes: my hard drive is aching just thinking about it!

I'm SO glad so many of you are saving the pics. Believe it or not, there was a time when I thought they might die out because people had lost interest. Back in 2001, there were several excellent pic sites that shut down, u2zone, moonofblindness, something at cjb.net, and more. I saved pics from these sites, and I think at one time it was PLEBA, and me and Olive, who saved them for posterity at a time when they may have vanished. That's why I always push my collection, I want people to have some of the ones that don't come around much anymore. I'm always glad to see them show up in somebody's photobucket, I know they will live on! And since Kelly and Granny have come here, there are now hundreds more even I have never seen before! So a big hand to all of you who keep the U2 pics alive! :applaud:

U2Kitten said:
Man, I used to be the picture hog around here, I can't believe your numbers :faint: :bow:

:yikes: my hard drive is aching just thinking about it!

I'm SO glad so many of you are saving the pics. Believe it or not, there was a time when I thought they might die out because people had lost interest. Back in 2001, there were several excellent pic sites that shut down, u2zone, moonofblindness, something at cjb.net, and more. I saved pics from these sites, and I think at one time it was PLEBA, and me and Olive, who saved them for posterity at a time when they may have vanished. That's why I always push my collection, I want people to have some of the ones that don't come around much anymore. I'm always glad to see them show up in somebody's photobucket, I know they will live on! And since Kelly and Granny have come here, there are now hundreds more even I have never seen before! So a big hand to all of you who keep the U2 pics alive! :applaud:

.. I have a question for you, seeing as I'm totally like a plank when it comes to things like posting pix:

Say I was to save a pic of someones from this site and save it on my h/drive. Then at a later date, I fancied posting it: Am I hotlinking? I wouldn't want to nick anything so I'd appreciate it if you could clarify this w/me. Also, I've just opened a freebie Photobucket account - Yes, w/only one pic in it, lol. However, do you know how much you can save or do you have to pay once you reach a limit?

And lastly (I promise I'll slink off in a minute), these pix of the guys - are we ok to post them regarding copyright etc?

Thanks for your time. :hug:

D.

youvedonewhat said:

.. I have a question for you, seeing as I'm totally like a plank when it comes to things like posting pix:

Say I was to save a pic of someones from this site and save it on my h/drive. Then at a later date, I fancied posting it: Am I hotlinking? I wouldn't want to nick anything so I'd appreciate it if you could clarify this w/me. Also, I've just opened a freebie Photobucket account - Yes, w/only one pic in it, lol. However, do you know how much you can save or do you have to pay once you reach a limit?

If you save it on your hard drive and upload it to your own photobucket, that is not hotlinking. Using someone else's phototbucket url to post is, but not if you're only quoting their post. Again, I don't care if you hotlink or post from my page, and if you want to save one from my site, click 'get original uploaded photo' and it will show up bigger. Then you can save it and upload it to your photobucket where it will be larger. Fotki resizes the postable pics, but saves the original for you to see, and save, just not post. And yes, photobucket will eventually shut you off if you over use your bandwidth limit, and you will have to pay, but I don't think it's very much. It takes awhile to fill it up though.

And lastly (I promise I'll slink off in a minute), these pix of the guys - are we ok to post them regarding copyright etc?

:shifty: :uhoh: :censored:

Technically, almost everything we do here is against copyright, including alterering pics for avatars, and especially dewatermarking. But as long as no one comes in and complains, well, let's just say I've been here five years and I've never seen anyone hauled off yet. Several of us did lose our Webshots pages back in '02 though. If we totally walked the line, PLEBA would not exist as we know it, sooo :shh: :sexywink:

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

If you save it on your hard drive and upload it to your own photobucket, that is not hotlinking. Using someone else's phototbucket url to post is, but not if you're only quoting their post. Again, I don't care if you hotlink or post from my page, and if you want to save one from my site, click 'get original uploaded photo' and it will show up bigger. Then you can save it and upload it to your photobucket where it will be larger. Fotki resizes the postable pics, but saves the original for you to see, and save, just not post. And yes, photobucket will eventually shut you off if you over use your bandwidth limit, and you will have to pay, but I don't think it's very much. It takes awhile to fill it up though.

:shifty: :uhoh: :censored:

Technically, almost everything we do here is against copyright, including alterering pics for avatars, and especially dewatermarking. But as long as no one comes in and complains, well, let's just say I've been here five years and I've never seen anyone hauled off yet. Several of us did lose our Webshots pages back in '02 though. If we totally walked the line, PLEBA would not exist as we know it, sooo :shh: :sexywink:

Thanks again for getting back to me. I think I understand now..duh...I'm not really thick - it's just that my brain cells are slow, lol. I'm glad about the 'hotlinking' thing. I'd hate to have someone gnashing their teeth cos I'd done something wrong. :lol:

I've quite a few pix on my h/drive that I saved from the old zootopia site and although I expect most have already seen the light of day on this site, there may be one or two rarer ones that I'd like to post if someone asks for any that's related to a thread.

Anyway, thank you so much for helping me out here. It's much appreciated.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom